Windows 10: *URGENT*Directory of Documents folder

Discus and support *URGENT*Directory of Documents folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want to change the directory of Documents folder from 'C:\Users\SHIVRAJ\OneDrive\Documents' to 'C:\Users\SHIVRAJ\Documents' how can I do that,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Shivraj Marne, Nov 12, 2020.

1. *URGENT*Directory of Documents folder

I want to change the directory of Documents folder from 'C:\Users\SHIVRAJ\OneDrive\Documents' to 'C:\Users\SHIVRAJ\Documents' how can I do that, without performing a reset?

Note:- I don't have OneDrive on my device anymore.

:)

Shivraj Marne, Nov 12, 2020
  2. Drone Win User

Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Nov 12, 2020
  3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Nov 12, 2020
  4. *URGENT*Directory of Documents folder

Directory Size Utility

Thanks buddy! Yea, this section's not dead. Kreij and I have big plans for this section. I don't want to give nothing away, but we have some bigger projects down the road. *Toast :toast: I feel I'm pretty good at coding with different languages, but I'm well behind Kreij's level of experience with those other Languages. I've been working on those other languages, and soon I'll feel comfortable enough to start, and not feel like I'm holding the project back. *Toast :toast:

Now on to your suggestions.

• maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that? Yea, that's been bothering me and I like your suggestion "Add Folder". I'll change it on the next release.
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs) I could add this, but let me see if I understand what you're asking. By subfolders you mean add all the folders in the left panel to the right panel? Those folders are all the subfolders in the "Get folder".
    • maybe you also add export list to excel? I'll add this on the next release.
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too? I'll add this on the next release.
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories? I'll add this on the next release.
    These are all great suggestions! Thanks Drone! *Toast :toast:

Mindweaver, Nov 12, 2020
Thema:

*URGENT*Directory of Documents folder

1. *URGENT*Directory of Documents folder - Similar Threads - *URGENT*Directory Documents folder

2. Windows Documents and Pictures directories do not point to the actual folders and files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Documents and Pictures directories do not point to the actual folders and files: Hi. I attempted to rid my computer of OneDrive. In the process, in File Explorer, the directories named Documents and Pictures point to empty directories. I have the original Documents and Pictures directories saved to my desktop.. And I have copied them as directories under...
  3. Windows Documents and Pictures directories do not point to the actual folders and files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Documents and Pictures directories do not point to the actual folders and files: Hi. I attempted to rid my computer of OneDrive. In the process, in File Explorer, the directories named Documents and Pictures point to empty directories. I have the original Documents and Pictures directories saved to my desktop.. And I have copied them as directories under...
  4. Windows Documents and Pictures directories do not point to the actual folders and files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Documents folder inside Documents folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents folder inside Documents folder: A question identical or similar to this was raised in 2021 on this forum but I don't quite understand the advice that was given then. I have this annoying setup on my system, which I seem to have had ever since Windows 7 came along: In the right pane of File Explorer the...
  6. URGENT!!! accidentally encrypted documents folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    URGENT!!! accidentally encrypted documents folder: while trying to hide a file, i have encrypted my entire documents folder, and when trying to decrypt i am greeted with this :i have tried claiming ownership, granting all permissions etc.i have no encryption certificate.Any help is very welcome! thanks in advance...
  7. Folders: Changing directory of user library folders desktop, music, pictures, documents, videos

Folders: Changing directory of user library folders desktop, music, pictures, documents, videos: For the user library folders such as Desktop, Music, Pictures, I know that the directory can be changed by going in to "properties" > "location" Like so: https://helpdeskgeek.com/how-to/change-location-of-user-folders-in-windows/ I'm looking to change the directory of these...
  8. What are these folders that are in my "Documents" directory?

What are these folders that are in my "Documents" directory?: So, I have noticed a long time ago that these folders appeared in my Documents directory. There are .cab files and I have a TON of them ahah. Are they safe to delete? [ATTACH]...
  9. OneDrive Documents acts as default directory for Documents.

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive Documents acts as default directory for Documents.: Hi, everyone. I've trying out the new preview, 10240. Everything works fine except for the default documents folder (and the same for Images). As my screenshots reveal, by default the documents and images folder are the ones with OneDrive. (My system is in Spanish, but it...
  10. Transfer Documents Directory

in Windows 10 Support
    Transfer Documents Directory: Why won't my "My Documents Directory" in Windows 7 transfer to the start menu ? At the moment I'm running off a disk. This what I used to have to do back in the old DOS days. I guess there's been no Improvement since then. 93510