Windows 10: Urgent Fix required : Printer error : The specified driver is invalid for Epson L405 after...

Discus and support Urgent Fix required : Printer error : The specified driver is invalid for Epson L405 after... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an wireless Epson L405 printer. It is recognized by control panel but will not print. It used to work fine with my Dell laptop. After Win 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PaniniDeshpande, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Urgent Fix required : Printer error : The specified driver is invalid for Epson L405 after...

I have an wireless Epson L405 printer. It is recognized by control panel but will not print. It used to work fine with my Dell laptop. After Win 10 update insider build 19041.388 everything seemed to work fine for 40 hours. Then in spite of successful login attempt 6/7 times the security policy related message prevented me from getting to the desktop /Online laptop profile.... Forced OS reset followed. Now I can print a test page manually from my printer so I know that the printer works fine however the same from my laptop gives a invalid driver even if I connect my printer by USB instead of wireless.
    1 I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver for the printer to no avail.
    2 Tried to edit register and look for the below which I could not find

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\PostSPUpgrade

I am getting the invalid driver error when I try to print now.

I followed the instructions in solutions suggested and tried to edit the registry to correct the problem but the line PostSPUgrade is not there.

I can't go back to an earlier restore point because we had to do a "reset" OS . I have uninstalled all of the drivers and software and then reinstalled from the Epson website mulitple times. I even spent several hours on the phone with EPson support after buying a new printer and not being able to get it to work either.

The version of windows is 2004 build 19041.388
    Windows Feature experience pack 120.2202.130.0.

The trouble shooter can't find the problem.
    I am really disappointed that there hasn't been a fix by now.

:)

PaniniDeshpande, Aug 1, 2020
  2. BoBostrom Win User

epson printer wf-2540 shows specified printer invalid

My Epson WF-2540 stopped printing, but can still scan (???) from my laptop. However, the printer won't print saying "The specified driver is invalid". Ive tried Epson website to uninstall and reinstall software with no luck. HELP??

BoBostrom, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Printer error 0x000007d1, The specified driver is invalid for Epson WF-2630 after Win 10 Pro 1909 Update

Hi, I have upgraded to Windows 10 pro 1909 my printer has stopped working. I keep getting error

Printer error 0x000007d1, The specified driver is invalid

1) I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver for the printer to no avail.

2) Tried to edit register and look for the below which I could not find

Footie Mad, Aug 1, 2020
  4. mikek75 Win User

Urgent Fix required : Printer error : The specified driver is invalid for Epson L405 after...

epson printer driver not installing

Mmmm, only thing else I can think off is trying Windows Update, otherwise I too am clueless, LOL. I just had a look on the Epson site and they didn't even list a driver for mine under W7, but it worked in W7 when I tried it, even had the epson control panel. Well, until there was a sickening sound of broken plastic and it went west, but thats another story, LOL.

Can you test the printer on another PC by any chance?

mikek75, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Urgent Fix required : Printer error : The specified driver is invalid for Epson L405 after...

1. Urgent Fix required : Printer error : The specified driver is invalid for Epson L405 after... - Similar Threads - Urgent Fix required

2. Epson printer driver update error 1131

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Epson printer driver update error 1131: Since last or the one before update, my printer shows offline. If I check if there is an driver update through the epson utiliy printer charachteristics it says there is a new driver.I try to install. Error 1131Funny, it says the installation has been sucessful, but it still...
  3. Urgent: printer attention required

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Urgent: printer attention required: Hi,I'm having issue with my printer. Whenever I print a test page before printing a lot of documents there would be a pop up saying attention required. I clicked it and it shows only the print queue. Tried restarting spooler and printer itself but it's still showing....
  4. Urgent: printer attention required

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Urgent: printer attention required: Hi,I'm having issue with my printer. Whenever I print a test page before printing a lot of documents there would be a pop up saying attention required. I clicked it and it shows only the print queue. Tried restarting spooler and printer itself but it's still showing....
  5. Urgent: printer attention required

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Brand new printer won't print: Specified driver is invalid

Brand new printer won't print: Specified driver is invalid: Just bought a brand new printer, an Epson WF-2860. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the software numerous times, have made sure everything's all up to date, and I still cannot print anything from my computer Windows 10 64-bit including a test page. The message that I get is...
  7. Error 0x000007d1 Specified driver Invalid Printer Issue

Error 0x000007d1 Specified driver Invalid Printer Issue: Hi, A win10 reset recovery brought the machine up to OS 1909 build. I cannot now print documents. I have tried running the troubleshooter but it does not find any issues. However if I launch Edge browser and print a web page the printer works OK. I am then able to print from...
  8. Printer error 0x000007d1, The specified driver is invalid for Epson WF-2630 after Win 10...

Printer error 0x000007d1, The specified driver is invalid for Epson WF-2630 after Win 10...: Hi, I have upgraded to Windows 10 pro 1909 my printer has stopped working. I keep getting error Printer error 0x000007d1, The specified driver is invalid 1 I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver for the printer to no avail. 2 Tried to edit register and...
  9. Error: Specified driver invalid when trying to print

Error: Specified driver invalid when trying to print: I have just installed a brand new Epson printer, but when I try to print I get a message "Specified driver invalid". I got this message with the old printer and thinking the printer was the problem I bought a new one. Note this only happened after I did a reboot. My computer...
  10. epson printer wf-2540 shows specified printer invalid

epson printer wf-2540 shows specified printer invalid: My Epson WF-2540 stopped printing, but can still scan (???) from my laptop. However, the printer won't print saying "The specified driver is invalid". Ive tried Epson website to uninstall and reinstall software with no luck. HELP??...