Windows 10: Urgent help needed - how to revert a bulk image name process?

Discus and support Urgent help needed - how to revert a bulk image name process? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Apologies - the Urgent in this is only because I'm unsure whether any action may need to be done before I close down in about 6 hours or so.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TKR99, Jan 11, 2018.

1. TKR99 Win User

Urgent help needed - how to revert a bulk image name process?

Apologies - the Urgent in this is only because I'm unsure whether any action may need to be done before I close down in about 6 hours or so.

Basically my problem began in Picasa 3 where I watched a short vid then decided to change the filename. That done I closed the preview & went back to the main program where I discovered that Picasa had somehow decided I wanted the entire folder of images renamed so it has worked through the 500+ images and renamed each one as Filename001, Filename002, Filename003 and so on which as you can appreciate is now causing somewhat of a major headache for me. *Mad It would take me a good few hours I would rarely have to go through and rename each one manually, so my question basically is - is there any method or program that can undo the action as I can't find any means of doing so from within Picasa. All other options I've found in my searches are mainly to achieve pretty much the same i.e. bulk rename as Name1, Name2 etc so are of little help.

Anyone any suggestions what else I could try?

:)

TKR99, Jan 11, 2018
  2. CJLim Win User

URGENT URGENT HELP NEEDED

Sometimes some networks don't automatically activate Caller ID on lines. If you have just switched networks, you may just wan't to give them a quick ring to make sure it has been activated.

CJLim, Jan 11, 2018
  3. URGENT URGENT HELP NEEDED

What you are suffering from is a network issue, not a phone problem. It's very common on the orange network but can happen elsewhere too.

What you need to do is call the network and explain the problem to them. The usual solution is for them to send you an over-the-air sim update or to replace your sim card.

psychomania---01, Jan 11, 2018
  4. mrgeek Win User

mrgeek, Jan 11, 2018
  5. TKR99 Win User
    Backup - oh yeh one of those things you're supposed to do regularly - oops!! *Sad*Sad

Good point actually as I've been remiss in doing backups of any kind but yes actually I prob do have some of the files but not all backed up so at least that might be of some use.

But yes, I'll go check out your suggestions & thanks SO much for responding so fast - I was worried nobody might bother to reply as I appreciate firstly it's not really a Win 10 issue & secondly is one of those problems few would maybe ever encounter.

Will update you shortly *Smile

TKR99, Jan 11, 2018
  6. PRince4 Win User
    Yes, those bulk rename utilities will help you a lot than you can imagine. *Smile

PRince4, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Urgent help needed - how to revert a bulk image name process? - Similar Threads - Urgent help needed

2. urgent help needed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    urgent help needed: I need help for my Windows 10. When I boot it up I have this green pop up showing in the right side of my PC and I dont know what it is. Sometimes I need to close my PC again then it will gone. I run windows scan using windows defender but detect nothing. I check if there is...
  3. Need urgent help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need urgent help: On my settings the Windows update page is blank and I cant run the update. I can click on the check on update button but after that it goes blank and nothing happen. No updates will be install even after I restart it. I have Windows 10 Pro and after restart I can only see the...
  4. urgent help needed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    urgent help needed: HiFirst, sorry for my bad English. I need assistance on my camera app. It is not working since Monday. I was able to open it however I receive an error message. This is a Dell laptop and my cousin told my to update the driver which I did but it is still not enough. How can I...
  5. Urgent Help Needed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Urgent Help Needed: I don't even know how to begin. I'll try to make it as simple as possible. But I'm pretty much sure that this case is unsolvable at this point. I don't even know how this happened. I was using my computer as normal Acer Nitro 5. And as I went away from it for a few minutes, I...
  6. Urgent Help Needed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Urgent Help Needed: I don't even know how to begin. I'll try to make it as simple as possible. But I'm pretty much sure that this case is unsolvable at this point. I don't even know how this happened. I was using my computer as normal Acer Nitro 5. And as I went away from it for a few minutes, I...
  7. Urgent Help Needed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Need urgent help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need urgent help: My PC has unexpectedly shutdown and the following is the dump for the problem.The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000be 0xffffad00193ade88, 0x8a00000000200021, 0xffff8d8b83b968d0, 0x000000000000000a. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP....
  9. Need urgent help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need urgent help: It all started with my windows photo app not working. So I decided to factory reset my windows as I didn't have any data in the first place. The problem still persists, plus I have discovered few more issues Windows Store app not opening Photos app not opening Takes 30-40...
  10. Need urgent help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need urgent help: So a few weeks ago I was watching a video on YouTube and I got a blue screen with the message "Kmode exception not handled" and then the laptop didn't turn on again. So I went to a repair store and got Windows reinstalled. After that the laptop was good as new. Today it...