Windows 10: URGENT HELP NEEDED! I need to prevent Windows 10 installing an update at restart to prevent...

Discus and support URGENT HELP NEEDED! I need to prevent Windows 10 installing an update at restart to prevent... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How can I prevent Windows 10 from installing an update it just downloaded? I want to prevent the update because CrystalDiskInfo and WD's Data... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LeahG xx, Apr 23, 2019.

1. LeahG xx Win User

URGENT HELP NEEDED! I need to prevent Windows 10 installing an update at restart to prevent...

How can I prevent Windows 10 from installing an update it just downloaded?

I want to prevent the update because CrystalDiskInfo and WD's Data Lifeguard have found 200 bad sectors on my drive. I want to back up my drive as a precaution before letting WD DLG carry out repairs but I'll have to wait till shops open tomorrow to buy an external HDD.

Unfortunately, Windows downloaded an update while WD DLG was running its scan so now I can't turn off my computer without installing it and risking data loss or even a complete drive/system failure. I don't want to leave the computer running till tomorrow either for the same reason.

FYI: The bad sectors seem to be on one of the hidden system partitions because chkdsk c: /r /v couldn't find anything (I didn't run it on the hidden partitions) but I don't want to take any risks at all.

I've had a drive die on me in the past costing me over £300 to recover its data and I don't want to do that again.

I need an answer that will definitely work first time because I won't get a second chance. I'm asking on here instead of MS support because I've had bad advice from the tech support team in the past.

:)

LeahG xx, Apr 23, 2019
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 installing progs

Fresh installs do it too, in fact i have had the same bs happen. Might be suggested apps which you can turn off.

AsRock, Apr 24, 2019
  3. chispy Win User
    Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Apr 24, 2019
  4. URGENT HELP NEEDED! I need to prevent Windows 10 installing an update at restart to prevent...

Preventing Installation of Windows 10 at System Restart

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to uninstall the KB3035583 from Windows installed updates and check if it helps.

• In search type control.
    • Click on programs and features.
    • From left pane click on Installed updates
      and search for the KB mentioned above and uninstall it.

In addition to that, follow the steps mentioned under the section "Can I schedule when Windows Updates are installed and will these required updates force restart my computer?" on the following link:

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Sahil Bali, Apr 24, 2019
Thema:

URGENT HELP NEEDED! I need to prevent Windows 10 installing an update at restart to prevent...

1. URGENT HELP NEEDED! I need to prevent Windows 10 installing an update at restart to prevent... - Similar Threads - URGENT HELP NEEDED

2. I NEED URGENT HELP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I NEED URGENT HELP: Help! I am on windows 10!So I did a system reset on my laptop. after the reset, I still had my old files on the windows.old folder. My files were located on a very long subfolder on a subfolder on a subfolder... and about 20 more of that. Now, the subfolders that the files...
  3. I NEED URGENT HELP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I NEED URGENT HELP: Help! I am on windows 10!So I did a system reset on my laptop. after the reset, I still had my old files on the windows.old folder. My files were located on a very long subfolder on a subfolder on a subfolder... and about 20 more of that. Now, the subfolders that the files...
  4. I need urgent help with this!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I need urgent help with this!: I like this pc, but I have not downloaded anything and for some reason I am losing storage fast!what do I do?I can't factory reset because I have no disk space to do so!I don't know what's causing it either.pls help me, I just got this laptop!...
  5. I need urgent help with this!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need urgent help with this!: I like this pc, but I have not downloaded anything and for some reason I am losing storage fast!what do I do?I can't factory reset because I have no disk space to do so!I don't know what's causing it either.pls help me, I just got this laptop!...
  6. I urgently need help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I urgently need help: my notebook lenovo ideapad 330 some weird version witout cd mechanic and with windows 10, intel core i7, nvidia gtx 1080, Ssd 250gb, Hdd 1tb: when i try to boot it up it says windows couldn't start properly tray restart that can repair the problem or other options. well...
  7. Urgent need of help on windows installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Urgent need of help on windows installation: From the start, My com faced BSOD, Stopcode, inaccessible boot device. I tried multiple solutions online, diskpart doesn't show any fixed disk, no volume detected. So I thought it was a hard disk failure. I RMA and got a new nvme ssd. Fast forward, there's no bsod and I...
  8. I need urgent help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need urgent help: Yesterday I uninstalled the latest feature update because my computer has been lagging like crazy since I installed it. When I tried to reboot, INACESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE. I tried some cmd tutorials, but bootrec fixboot wont work and nt60 sys doesn't fix it, access is still...
  9. I need urgent help

I need urgent help: Hi, I need help to upgrade to windows 10. My Samsung computer has everything taken off, and is ready to get rid of windows 7 I will pay for the update if its ok, and i need advice on how to install it? I need you to text me what number is going to wring if you want to...
  10. urgent windows update help needed

urgent windows update help needed: I have 1809 now I noticed that win is automatically downloading 1903 without my consent I have home edition please help me out to com-pletely disable windows update thanks or how can I disable 1903 particular update...