Windows 10: urgent help needed- lost partition

Discus and support urgent help needed- lost partition in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there I really need some help THe scenario: I was using windows 7 and had HDD partitioned C for windows D for data and files I went to install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lukem, Jan 2, 2020.

1. lukem Win User

urgent help needed- lost partition

Hi there
    I really need some help

THe scenario:

I was using windows 7 and had HDD partitioned
    C for windows
    D for data and files

I went to install windows 10 and couldnt initially, so when it asked to install on drive i formatted and that didnt help, I then deleted the drive i created new and after reading about converting drive to GPT it worked, but now i have lost the D partition(drive) with all my data in it.

Is it posible to recover the partition and data in it?

many thanks in advance

:)

lukem, Jan 2, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Kyhi's bootable disk- some programs you can at least try...

urgent help needed- lost partition [​IMG]

-some of which have been mentioned above. However, I think you'll be very lucky to get much back now.

dalchina, Jan 2, 2020
  3. lukem Win User

Hi there
    I really need some help

THe scenario:

I was using windows 7 and had HDD partitioned
    C for windows
    D for data and files

I went to install windows 10 and couldnt initially, so when it asked to install on drive i formatted and that didnt help, I then deleted the drive i created new and after reading about converting drive to GPT it worked, but now i have lost the D partition(drive) with all my data in it.

Is it posible to recover the partition and data in it?

many thanks in advance

lukem, Jan 2, 2020
  4. urgent help needed- lost partition

URGENT HELP NEEDED! HDD suddenly became blank!

Hey there, @Shamonto Hasan Easha!

I'd try re-plugging the hard drive and checking if the cable is damaged. I'd also suggest to try plugging the drive in another computer and see if it gets recognized properly there. Is it a IDE or SATA drive you're using?
    If the drive is unallocated, this means that the partition has been lost after the power went down.
    Check out this thread for more ideas on how to solve the issue. There are some detailed steps there that might be useful for you:
    http://superuser.com/questions/5442...n-on-ssd-suddenly-became-unallocated-disk-spa

Hope this helped.
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Jan 2, 2020
Thema:

1. urgent help needed- lost partition - Similar Threads - urgent help needed

2. Lost partition - Need help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost partition - Need help: Hello good people,I did a fresh Windows 11 installation and now I have a problem where my SSD is devided into 4 partitions but only 2 are in use.I was looking on Google for solution, but everything I found was connected to EaseUS program and they want me to pay for a plan...
  3. Lost partition - Need help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost partition - Need help: Hello good people,I did a fresh Windows 11 installation and now I have a problem where my SSD is devided into 4 partitions but only 2 are in use.I was looking on Google for solution, but everything I found was connected to EaseUS program and they want me to pay for a plan...
  4. urgent help needed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    urgent help needed: I need help for my Windows 10. When I boot it up I have this green pop up showing in the right side of my PC and I dont know what it is. Sometimes I need to close my PC again then it will gone. I run windows scan using windows defender but detect nothing. I check if there is...
  5. Urgent Help Needed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Urgent Help Needed: I don't even know how to begin. I'll try to make it as simple as possible. But I'm pretty much sure that this case is unsolvable at this point. I don't even know how this happened. I was using my computer as normal Acer Nitro 5. And as I went away from it for a few minutes, I...
  6. Urgent Help Needed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Urgent Help Needed: I don't even know how to begin. I'll try to make it as simple as possible. But I'm pretty much sure that this case is unsolvable at this point. I don't even know how this happened. I was using my computer as normal Acer Nitro 5. And as I went away from it for a few minutes, I...
  7. Need urgent help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need urgent help: My PC has unexpectedly shutdown and the following is the dump for the problem.The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000be 0xffffad00193ade88, 0x8a00000000200021, 0xffff8d8b83b968d0, 0x000000000000000a. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP....
  8. Need urgent help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need urgent help: It all started with my windows photo app not working. So I decided to factory reset my windows as I didn't have any data in the first place. The problem still persists, plus I have discovered few more issues Windows Store app not opening Photos app not opening Takes 30-40...
  9. DISK PARTITION HELP!! (urgent)

DISK PARTITION HELP!! (urgent): I earased a partition, I don't know what I did I have 2 HDD, and old one and a newer one. The old one "D", I earased the partition, I dont understand what happened, now, when I go to file manager I cant find that drive but everything is in the place it should be (pc works...
  10. Need urgent help

Need urgent help: So a few weeks ago I was watching a video on YouTube and I got a blue screen with the message "Kmode exception not handled" and then the laptop didn't turn on again. So I went to a repair store and got Windows reinstalled. After that the laptop was good as new. Today it...