Windows 10: URGENT HELP NEEDED!! - Surface Pro 7 Cumulative Update KB5001330 Error & Issues

Discus and support URGENT HELP NEEDED!! - Surface Pro 7 Cumulative Update KB5001330 Error & Issues in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi 3 days ago, this new 'cumulative' update showed up in my Windows updates, I tried to install it, it got to 100% and said I don't have the correct... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TeamsUserJoseph, Apr 18, 2021.

1. URGENT HELP NEEDED!! - Surface Pro 7 Cumulative Update KB5001330 Error & Issues

Hi

3 days ago, this new 'cumulative' update showed up in my Windows updates, I tried to install it, it got to 100% and said I don't have the correct files pictured below

From then, I googled the error code and updated all my drivers, I even came to the point where I had to reset my whole Surface device, because the performance had dropped, game FPS has considerably dropped and everything was extremely laggy. I have 0 viruses or malware, I have run the scan lots.

The reset was successful, but didn't cure the lag, and to this day, I am with no animations and every time I open an application I experience lots amounts of lag and delay - which didn't happen before. I used Driver Easy to update my drivers, I also tried to hide the cumulative update for 20H2 using the show and hide utility, it worked but then a day later today it has appeared again and continually says failed - resulting in even more lag!

I've also run the Windows troubleshooter, as pictured below, and this didn't seem to fix any issues.

I honestly do not know where to go from here, my Surface Pro 7 is 4 months old, and this amount of lag shouldn't happen at all right now. I am concerned and really need advice of what to do - whether this is just my device, or is it a Windows issue?

Many thanks

URGENT HELP NEEDED!! - Surface Pro 7 Cumulative Update KB5001330 Error & Issues d3abfc50-ee12-4dfe-91d4-6b06b34ad72d?upload=true.png

URGENT HELP NEEDED!! - Surface Pro 7 Cumulative Update KB5001330 Error & Issues e1829d24-ed9f-43cc-adaf-909d7931ef83?upload=true.png

:)

TeamsUserJoseph, Apr 18, 2021
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Surface Pro 4 Log in issues

Hello Bex,

For us to help you suggest steps to resolve the issue, we would like to know some information:

• Did you get any error messages when signing in to your account?
    • Have you made any significant changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried to login using a different Microsoft account or local account on the computer?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps provided by Ashish Sondhi on this

link

Post us back with the result.

Remon Ont, Apr 18, 2021
  3. Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, Apr 18, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

URGENT HELP NEEDED!! - Surface Pro 7 Cumulative Update KB5001330 Error & Issues

New Surface Pro 7 Drivers and Firmware for Windows 10 - October 21

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...update-history

Brink, Apr 18, 2021
Thema:

URGENT HELP NEEDED!! - Surface Pro 7 Cumulative Update KB5001330 Error & Issues

1. URGENT HELP NEEDED!! - Surface Pro 7 Cumulative Update KB5001330 Error & Issues - Similar Threads - URGENT HELP NEEDED

2. Surface Pro 7 Reset issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 7 Reset issue: I bought a Surface Pro 7 on eBay. I go to set it up. I do the time zone and enter in my network password. it does its' thing...It reboots and continues, then a "Welcome to CTI Biopharma Corp!" screen appears asking for my CTI email....So now I want to factory reset so there's...
  3. Surface Pro 7 Reset issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Pro 7 Reset issue: I bought a Surface Pro 7 on eBay. I go to set it up. I do the time zone and enter in my network password. it does its' thing...It reboots and continues, then a "Welcome to CTI Biopharma Corp!" screen appears asking for my CTI email....So now I want to factory reset so there's...
  4. Urgent Help please - Missing new MS Surface pro 7

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Urgent Help please - Missing new MS Surface pro 7: I work for the corporate and we noticed one of the brand new MS Surface pro is stolen or lost. It was never registered on companies network or portal. It was brand new, we do have serial number from the invoice. Questions- 1. Is it possible to track the device by serial...
  5. Urgent Help please - Missing new MS Surface pro 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Urgent Help please - Missing new MS Surface pro 7: I work for the corporate and we noticed one of the brand new MS Surface pro is stolen or lost. It was never registered on companies network or portal. It was brand new, we do have serial number from the invoice. Questions- 1. Is it possible to track the device by serial...
  6. Urgent Help please - Missing new MS Surface pro 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Microsoft Surface Pro 7 issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Surface Pro 7 issues: Hi all,I have had issue after issue with the microsoft surface pro 7 since my purchase. Blue screen errors, constant crashes, track-pad not tracking correctly, and most frustrating... windows won't update to 21h2. I have tried the troubleshooter, tried updating drivers...
  8. URGENT HELP Needed - BITLOCKET ISSUE

URGENT HELP Needed - BITLOCKET ISSUE: I use a HP Envy x 360, which I never added to my account so I never activated Bitlocker. However, my device prompted that the option of update and shut down which I did, only to restart it the following day and I am been asked for a Bitlocker recovery key. I have gone through...
  9. Windows cumulative update for Windows KB5001330

Windows cumulative update for Windows KB5001330: This update that was just released has been trying to run on my laptop but has been running extremely slow. I am trying to install it manually from Windows Update Catalog but I can not even log onto Microsoft Edge. I noticed that a new version of Edge was installed and...
  10. surface pro 7 hotspot issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    surface pro 7 hotspot issues: So this is my problem, I am trying to use my surface pro 7 as a "wifi repeater" with the built in hotspot option, but the devices connected to the hotspot are not getting an internet connection specifically the Iphone SE 2020 , how can I fix this ? Additional info; other...