Windows 10: Urgent help! USB v5.0 dongle driver error

Discus and support Urgent help! USB v5.0 dongle driver error in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Lil backstory: damaged my laptop audio jack when I stood up with my earphones still in. Can't get it repaired so I bought bluetooth headphones. They're... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NomNomKahi, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Urgent help! USB v5.0 dongle driver error

Lil backstory: damaged my laptop audio jack when I stood up with my earphones still in. Can't get it repaired so I bought bluetooth headphones. They're USB 5 and they pair and connect but the audio keeps cutting in and out. Searched and tried every solution (update drivers by windows, third party software, and manually, changed default devices and played with settings, etc).

So I bought a USB Bluetooth dongle, it's ver 5.0 too, but when I plug it in it says driver error, specifically CSR Bluetooth. Troubleshoot either reinstalls and restarts laptop - to no help - or it says there's a PNP device error. Third party driver update software tries to repair and fails.

Any ideas? I can't work at my student job or participate in class.

submitted by /u/NomNomKahi
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NomNomKahi, Sep 12, 2020
  2. Pedro M Win User

USB dongle driver error

Hi, i hope you're doing good today.

What error are you getting exactly?

The first thing that i suggest you to do is uninstall the USB dongle driver from Windows device manager, go to the manufacturer website, download the latest driver and install it again manually.

Regards.

Pedro M, Sep 12, 2020
  3. steves.1 Win User
    USB dongle driver error

having a problem with a usb dongle error

steves.1, Sep 12, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Urgent help! USB v5.0 dongle driver error

USB dongle driver error

Hi steves.

Is this a WiFi dongle or a SoftwareSecurity dongle?

What is the exact Make and model No. of that dongle and what is the exact error you are seeing when trying to install that driver?

DaveM121, Sep 12, 2020
Thema:

Urgent help! USB v5.0 dongle driver error

1. Urgent help! USB v5.0 dongle driver error - Similar Threads - Urgent help USB

2. USB dongle not functioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB dongle not functioning: i have a usb dongle but i'm not sure if it is bluetooth or for wifi. Whenever i plug it in my laptop does not respond to it as far as i know. Apparently the bluetooth symbol is supposed to appear on the taskbar when the usb dongle is inserted but that doesn't work for me....
  3. USB dongle not functioning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB dongle not functioning: i have a usb dongle but i'm not sure if it is bluetooth or for wifi. Whenever i plug it in my laptop does not respond to it as far as i know. Apparently the bluetooth symbol is supposed to appear on the taskbar when the usb dongle is inserted but that doesn't work for me....
  4. Urgent help error 0x000014c

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Urgent help error 0x000014c: So my pc is showing this screenSo I reserached about it on the web and I do have bootable usb so i used it and entered these things into cmd Bootrec /fixmbrBootrec /fixbootBootrec /scanosBootrec /rebuildbcdbut when i entered bootrec /fixboot It says file system doesn't...
  5. need help with USB urgently for school

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    need help with USB urgently for school: I'm having an issue where both of my USB ports work like they used to but when I plug in 2 its completely powers off both of the devices I'm using a powered USB hub by Toshiba and a webcam I don't know what's wrong cause I was using it like that yesterday and it worked I cant...
  6. Usb gps dongle help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Usb gps dongle help: Hey guys, I'm building a mobile APRS system using a Windows 10 tablet (CHUWI Hi10 X). It requires a GPS dongle to be connected. The dongle itself does work but when I plug it in and go to device manger it shows up under sensors and not a com port. Needs to be a com port so I...
  7. Error, Please help Urgent

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error, Please help Urgent: I recently got a blue screen error saying " Your PC ran into a problem and all that". Yesterday Windows Defender blocked "svchost.exe" after I deleted Edge Legacy with the help of an unknown source guidelines, which was followed by an update on restart. I scanned all files...
  8. BT EDR DONGLE Driver Error

BT EDR DONGLE Driver Error: I have a 10-year-old Hitachi Starboard Tablet that works fine on my Dell desktop (running Windows 10) but when I plug the BTU02H-G dongle into my Dell Laptop (also running on Windows 10), the Settings screen for "Bluetooth & other devices" on my laptop lists "BT EDR Dongle...
  9. USB dongle driver error

USB dongle driver error: having a problem with a usb dongle error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/usb-dongle-driver-error/7eacdc6f-c690-40e1-835f-4231a192b607
  10. Driver Issue - 2x2 USB Dongle

Driver Issue - 2x2 USB Dongle: Hi all, I'm having some issues trying to source and locate a Driver for a Wi-Fi module. The module itself is a 2x2 USB Wifi Dongle, made by a company called Wistron NeWeb. The background behind all of this is, I'm currently sorting out my partners dad's computer for...