Windows 10: Urgent! How can I download Windows 10 image to a USB to repair startup?

Discus and support Urgent! How can I download Windows 10 image to a USB to repair startup? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My friend's computer won't boot past the windows logo, he can only go into the BIOS, other than that the pc stays on with a black screen. Would it be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AssassinSusie, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Urgent! How can I download Windows 10 image to a USB to repair startup?

My friend's computer won't boot past the windows logo, he can only go into the BIOS, other than that the pc stays on with a black screen.

Would it be possible to find and download an official Windows 10 recovery image to load from a USB?

This way we could try to repair the startup files or even reinstall Windows 10.

Many thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/AssassinSusie
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AssassinSusie, Aug 6, 2020

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Aug 6, 2020
  3. Kursah Win User
    Download Windows 10 TH/RS

*Shadedshun :shadedshu:

Dude, please stop bashing things you don't fully understand.

SFC is the first step, System File Checker. That can fix many issues using various flags and knowing the context, and is a first step when there is doubt about system integrity. This is a simple utility and using SFC /Scannow will be the most commonly used flagged command for initial repair diagnostics. Takes a few minutes and is worth doing to resolve issues. While it can repair many issues, there's also many it cannot. That's where the next step comes in should you need it.

DISM, or Deployment Image Servicing and Management, is the big gorilla in Windows OSes for repairs and image management. It has a wide variety of uses from image capture and deploy to repair.

The common command for DISM was DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth,

Just running this can result in a system being repaired, but since the launch of Windows 10, the image check has become more complicated, requiring you have the Install.WIM file available for the OS version you're trying to repair. This is relatively, though with Microsoft's deployment of Windows 10, most ISO's you get from them have an Install.ESD that must be converted to a .WIM file. Pretty easy to do with a command in CLI or Powershell.

I typed up an article about this in the past...I'll go ahead and share it here for a series of steps a person could take to repair OS corruptions in Windows 8, 8.1 and 10. It's not hard to do, but takes some attention to detail, being able to handle command line (which is easy), and a little patience.

I've personally fixed/repaired dozens if not hundreds of systems with these utilities, because simply... THEY WORK. How do I know? Because I'm a systems and network professional that has to manage 100s of Windows PCs ranging from XP to 10, and where we can use these utilities to repair corruption, we save a ton of time. My technicians, bench guys and engineers all know and use the hell out of these utilities.

I find it hard to accept your statement above as something acceptable to even say here, it clearly shows your lack of experience with using the repair utilities SFC and DISM correctly or looking into what the failures were and how to fix them appropriately. Nor is that kind of crap even what TPU is or has ever really been about, and being such a long time member I would have expected you know that...though you've always been that way so maybe it's just habitual...surely not helpful to anyone else participating in this thread, or even yourself.

The OS is literally telling you what is wrong and where it's keeping the information so you can look into it further, that's not whining, that's stating facts. Nice try though. If you don't want to learn how to fix OS corruption, don't blame the OS or tools, blame yourself and shut up about it, and don't bitch about the OS utilities whining...LOL, because in reality wouldn't your bitching mean you're whining??? *Slap :slap:

So knock that shit off and let's fix the issues instead k? *Wink Urgent! How can I download Windows 10 image to a USB to repair startup? ;)

Kursah, Aug 6, 2020
  4. Urgent! How can I download Windows 10 image to a USB to repair startup?

Repair Windows 7/8/10

Thanks Drone!

Now I'm running into another issue.

I cloned the HDD to Sony Evo 850 SSD using EaseUs todo (the program it came with- Sony Magician didn't work) with success but when I install the new drive it says it's not bootable.

I've searched for this issue on other forums, but many answers pertain to Windows7, or have solutions involving DVD's (I have no blank ones, plenty of USBs however.) I'm hoping I can boot from USB, from what I've read it seems like I can get the proper drivers so it will know how to start up with the new SSD. If anyone knows how to do this, I would need step by step instructions.

As a newbie to DIY computer repairs, I am feeling stumped at this point! I feel so close yet so far..

Specs for my ultrabook: Acer m5 581t
    New SSD: 250gb sony evo 850

Any hints or suggestions welcomed!

Thanks!

Loveisallyouneed, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

Urgent! How can I download Windows 10 image to a USB to repair startup?

1. Urgent! How can I download Windows 10 image to a USB to repair startup? - Similar Threads - Urgent download image

2. [URGENT] Automatic Repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [URGENT] Automatic Repair: One day my PC just booted into Automatic Repair. I tried everything and it failed. The only thing that works? It's by Disabling Driver Signature Enforcement 7 through Advanced Options.I inspected my SrtTrail.txt and it appears that the Root cause appears to be Boot critical...
  3. [URGENT] Automatic Repair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [URGENT] Automatic Repair: One day my PC just booted into Automatic Repair. I tried everything and it failed. The only thing that works? It's by Disabling Driver Signature Enforcement 7 through Advanced Options.I inspected my SrtTrail.txt and it appears that the Root cause appears to be Boot critical...
  4. How can I fix startup repair?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I fix startup repair?: Ok so I've been trying to use the windows boot menu, and I restarted my pc and this is the last time it worked, now it just does this. "Startup repair couldn't fix your problem" It said fixing hard drive errors and my owner went out during that process and won't let me even...
  5. How can I fix startup repair?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can I fix startup repair?: Ok so I've been trying to use the windows boot menu, and I restarted my pc and this is the last time it worked, now it just does this. "Startup repair couldn't fix your problem" It said fixing hard drive errors and my owner went out during that process and won't let me even...
  6. How can I fix startup repair?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Download Windows 10 Disc Image ISO File not downloading to USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Download Windows 10 Disc Image ISO File not downloading to USB: Hi, I am on a mac running macOS Catalina ver 10.15.6, and I am trying to download this, but it stops around the 4GB mark. The USB I am using is configured to FAT32 already and I have tried downloading it a few times but it always stops and gives me an download error, but no...
  8. Downloading Windows Pro usb image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downloading Windows Pro usb image: Hi, I bought Windows 10 Pro a couple of years ago for this computer. Later on i've installed other OS's (Linux and such) - now i need to install Windows again. I cant find the download page for the Windows Pro image without buying it again?...
  9. How can I fix Startup Repair couldn't repair my PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can I fix Startup Repair couldn't repair my PC: After I reset my PC I can't restar anymore, according to the information in my laptop screen its say, Stop code: CRITICAL PROCESS DIED. Error code: 0xc0000001. how can I fix this issue in my windows 10 Laptop Acer aspire es1-523....
  10. How can I force Windows 10 Startup Repair to fix a non-default OS?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I force Windows 10 Startup Repair to fix a non-default OS?: Hi, folks! All my computers are multi-boot / multi-OS. They all can boot either Windows 7 or Windows 10, and since I always simply clone the entire boot partition to make live backups, I usually have more than one "version" of each OS present. To avoid the inherent confusion...