Windows 10: URGENT HOW TO RESTORE PERMANENTLY DELETED "DESKTOP"

Discus and support URGENT HOW TO RESTORE PERMANENTLY DELETED "DESKTOP" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello everyone! I wanted to make some space on my SP7 and accidentally permanently deleted my whole "desktop". I had some very important folders and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by HB95, Jan 6, 2022.

1. HB95 Win User

URGENT HOW TO RESTORE PERMANENTLY DELETED "DESKTOP"

Hello everyone! I wanted to make some space on my SP7 and accidentally permanently deleted my whole "desktop". I had some very important folders and documents. How can I restore the folders and documents? Tried a recovery software but it shows the folders as a .lnk file. I upgraded to windows 11 just before. Thanks!!

:)

HB95, Jan 6, 2022

2. (Simple Guide) How to permanently delete Steam games/ How to restore previously deleted Steam games

Good suggestion, added to the OP. I may play around with the layout so it's clearer. As for duration, I'm not entirely sure. I know that my Crysis games were removed for at least a year and had no problems restoring them.

EDIT - There you go, should be a lot clearer now *Smile URGENT HOW TO RESTORE PERMANENTLY DELETED "DESKTOP" :)

...PACMAN..., Jan 6, 2022
  3. (Simple Guide) How to permanently delete Steam games/ How to restore previously deleted Steam games

A very quick guide to show you how to permanently remove games from your Steam account (not just hide) and how to restore those games if you have regrets.

I had previously removed Crysis and Crysis Warhead from my Steam account as I intended to purchase them on Origin (Keeping all my EA/Origin games separate)

However, everytime they were on sale I just couldn't seem to justify paying for them again ahead of some other titles. I then started looking into whether or not I could restore them on my Steam account and found that you can, very easily.

This only applies to games that you have previously owned and activated on Steam but then for whatever reason you permanently deleted from your steam account.

Note - This does NOT APPLY TO ANY REFUNDED TITLES. They will always have to be repurchased.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to permanently delete a game from your Steam account

Log into Steam > Help > Steam Support > Type the name of the game in (Search Issues, features and games) box

> Select the relevant game

>
    I want to permanently remove this game from my account > OK, remove the listed games from my account permanently .

DONE

BEWARE - If the game you delete was activated as part of a bundle (ie Humble bundles) it will also remove the other games that were included. It will prompt you of this however. *Smile URGENT HOW TO RESTORE PERMANENTLY DELETED "DESKTOP" :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to restore a previously deleted game from your Steam account

Log into Steam > Help > Steam Support > Type the name of the game in (Search Issues, features and games) box

> Select the relevant game
    Sometimes it may be listed more than once, you may have to check. The correct version should show when you previously activated the game

>
    It's not in my library > Restore the previously removed package to my account

DONE

Very simple process but I just thought it may help some of you people out.

...PACMAN..., Jan 6, 2022
  4. manofthem Win User

(Simple Guide) How to permanently delete Steam games/ How to restore previously deleted Steam games

Interesting tip @...PACMAN..., thanks. I tend to only permanently delete games that I really don't like or that I know I'll never play. I wonder if there is any limit, maybe a time limit after permanently deleting a game, to be able to restore a game?

Thankfully Steam has that delete option and I've been able to get rid of quite a bit of clutter in the process. Maybe you could put that link and/or instructions to remove a game in the OP as well.

manofthem, Jan 6, 2022
Thema:

1. URGENT HOW TO RESTORE PERMANENTLY DELETED "DESKTOP" - Similar Threads - URGENT RESTORE PERMANENTLY

2. HOW TO RESTORE PERMANENTLY DELETED "DESKTOP"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOW TO RESTORE PERMANENTLY DELETED "DESKTOP": so i got a new laptop and my old laptop had 2 "windows profiles" and one of them which was my main important profile got accidentaly deleted and now i have one the other windows profile remaining i need the files, photos etc from it so please HELP...
  3. HOW TO RESTORE PERMANENTLY DELETED "DESKTOP"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HOW TO RESTORE PERMANENTLY DELETED "DESKTOP": so i got a new laptop and my old laptop had 2 "windows profiles" and one of them which was my main important profile got accidentaly deleted and now i have one the other windows profile remaining i need the files, photos etc from it so please HELP...
  4. HOW TO RESTORE PERMANENTLY DELETED "DESKTOP"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to URGENTLY restore files and bookmarks?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to URGENTLY restore files and bookmarks?: My laptop Dell, decided to update last night and when I tried to restore pages on Google Chrome everything was seriously messed up. All of my bookmarks were deleted and I have no idea how to get them back. Hopefully this issue was resolved with others? I believe what may have...
  6. How to URGENTLY restore files and bookmarks?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to URGENTLY restore files and bookmarks?: My laptop Dell, decided to update last night and when I tried to restore pages on Google Chrome everything was seriously messed up. All of my bookmarks were deleted and I have no idea how to get them back. Hopefully this issue was resolved with others? I believe what may have...
  7. URGENT HOW TO RESTORE PERMANENTLY DELETED "DESKTOP"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    URGENT HOW TO RESTORE PERMANENTLY DELETED "DESKTOP": Hello everyone! I wanted to make some space on my SP7 and accidentally permanently deleted my whole "desktop". I had some very important folders and documents. How can I restore the folders and documents? Tried a recovery software but it shows the folders as a .lnk file. I...
  8. Urgent : how to restore accidently deleted JPG not present in the bin?

in Windows 10 Support
    Urgent : how to restore accidently deleted JPG not present in the bin?: Hi. I am desperate to restore a photo that I accidentally deleted yesterday while correcting it with Camera Raw from Adobe Creative Cloud. I opened it through Bridge directly from the SD card and at same point a weird white icon of a bin appeared on the left of the screen,...
  9. Restore permanently deleted file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore permanently deleted file: Hi, Yesterday I permanently deleted a folder in my laptop which runs in windows 10 and unfortunately no backup. I googled and found some tips; I tried them all to restore the folder but they did not work. I would appreciate any help. Regards/ Willy...
  10. Help on restore permanently deleted files!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help on restore permanently deleted files!: Hi I accidentally permanently deleted a very important folder, is there a way to get it back?!!! Thank you!!! submitted by /u/HistoricalTouch0 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f8412w/help_on_restore_permanently_deleted_files/