Windows 10: Urgent! I have duplicate services running under svchost.exe under my username!

Discus and support Urgent! I have duplicate services running under svchost.exe under my username! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/434343745786216449/676529734330613780/image1.jpg?width=1019&height=267... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Blindfolol, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Urgent! I have duplicate services running under svchost.exe under my username!

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/434343745786216449/676529734330613780/image1.jpg?width=1019&height=267

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/434343745786216449/676529734070435870/image0.jpg?width=1010&height=620

I have linked the services here. These duplicate services that are "program name_string" only run under my username on svchost. I thought this was weird and the other weird thing is the string changes on startup. I don't know if this is a virus or just a normal windows process. Any insight is appreciated, thanks!

Edit: I just realised that the original services are stopped. I'm kind of worried.

:)

Blindfolol, Feb 11, 2020

2. Urgent! I have duplicate services running under svchost.exe under my username!

https://media.discordapp.net/attach...734330613780/image1.jpg?width=1019&height=267

https://media.discordapp.net/attach...734070435870/image0.jpg?width=1010&height=620

I have linked the services here. These duplicate services that are "(program name)_(string)" only run under my username on svchost. I thought this was weird and the other weird thing is the string changes on startup. I don't know if this is a virus or just
    a normal windows process. Any insight is appreciated, thanks!

Edit: I just realised that the original services are stopped. I'm kind of worried.

Blindfolol, Feb 11, 2020
  3. Anna Bol Win User
    SvcHost Virus

Hello Alex,

The real svchost.exe is a legitimate Windows process that performs services for other Windows programs. It's normal to have half a dozen or more of them running at once.
    Svchost always runs under one of the three usernames SYSTEM, LOCAL SERVICE or NETWORK SERVICE. Running under any other username, especially yours or another user's username, could be a symptom of a malware infection.
    To isolate the issue, kindly provide us the following information:

• Have you made any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you recently modified a software or hardware on your computer?
    • Can you tell us the troubleshooting steps that you have done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you put your computer in a clean boot state and check if there are any software conflicts. To place your computer in a clean boot state, kindly go to this

link

We’ll be waiting for your response.

Anna Bol, Feb 11, 2020
  4. Urgent! I have duplicate services running under svchost.exe under my username!

What does the svchost do?

Lots of Windows services are tied to the SVChost, and /or are listed as SVChost in the process list(s).

Unfortunatley with Vista, there's a lot more dependencies between the services, and thus you'll be FORCED to run more instances of SVChosts; unlike XP where things were more independent and you could disable more features resulting in less SVChost instances. That and XP and Vista are different.

Regardless of your Windows version, you can check out some service slimming guides or goto Black Viper's website and take his advice. Depending on your needs you may be able to cut down the amount of SVChost running, and save some RAM.

XP should never have an SVChost using 50mb. Vista however can.

newconroer, Feb 11, 2020
Thema:

Urgent! I have duplicate services running under svchost.exe under my username!

1. Urgent! I have duplicate services running under svchost.exe under my username! - Similar Threads - Urgent duplicate services

2. How to change username under C:/Users/username folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change username under C:/Users/username folder?: I have a Microsoft account which I have been using for a long time. Recently i restored my pc to factory settings OEM settings and i was asked to connect it to my Microsoft account while it was setting up windows 11.Now the problem is, the username folder the pc is showing is...
  3. svchost.exe running under username that mutes mic

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    svchost.exe running under username that mutes mic: Lately, I bought a usb-microphone. It works fine when I am not in microsoft teams, but when I am in a call in microsoft teams the mic mutes itself. So, I searched about what the issue could be. I found a youtube tutorial that told to deactivate the svchost.exe files running...
  4. Duplicate account under "Your Info"

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Duplicate account under "Your Info": Hi. Today I noticed that I have two identical accounts in Settings. Both have the same name and same e-mail address. One just doesn't have a profile picture. Any idea where the second one came from and how to get rid of it? [img] Windows version 20H2. Thanks! 169984
  5. I have a service host taking up over 2,000,000k under details usage, under processes it...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have a service host taking up over 2,000,000k under details usage, under processes it...: problems with computer, cortana not working, search on side not showing...windows won't open when hitting windows box, chrome not opening, which I like using, my computer is running hot with the fan going crazy so I looked on usage and saw that happening, could that be a...
  6. Urgent! I have duplicate services running under svchost.exe under my username!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Urgent! I have duplicate services running under svchost.exe under my username!: https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/434343745786216449/676529734330613780/image1.jpg?width=1019&height=267 https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/434343745786216449/676529734070435870/image0.jpg?width=1010&height=620 I have linked the services here. These duplicate...
  7. Duplicate Files under This PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicate Files under This PC: Hello I accidentally set my downloads folder to be a duplicate of My Documents. Does anybody know a way to fix it so that it targets my downloads folder. Without both of the shortcuts being altered as when i edit it i also changes the folder for documents. Here are so images...
  8. Duplicate Folders under This PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicate Folders under This PC: Under This PC, my Picture folder is missing. Instead I have two folders labeled Video and those folders have the same paths to where I store my videos. I'm not sure what I had done or how this even happen. How do I get my Picture folder back under This PC and how do I delete...
  9. svchost Running under User Name

in Windows 10 Support
    svchost Running under User Name: Hi, Almost everywhere it says if svchost is running under the PC's name or the user logon name then there's a problem, possibly malware. But now I just read this: Beginning with Windows 10, an instance will start under the user context at logon (with command line...
  10. Duplicate Documents folder Under This Pc

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate Documents folder Under This Pc: Hey all Version 1511 installed. Other fixes don't work. I tried removing documents from this pc with the reg file. Also didn't work. With time, number of documents folders increase. The folders go away when clicked into another folder or a new explorer window opened....