Windows 10: Urgent laptop camera issues

Discus and support Urgent laptop camera issues in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; All of a sudden, my integrated laptop camera isn't working. On the camera app it says the error code is "0xA00F4271<MediaCaptureFailedEvent>... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/HJMichael21, Apr 14, 2020.

1. Urgent laptop camera issues

All of a sudden, my integrated laptop camera isn't working. On the camera app it says the error code is "0xA00F4271<MediaCaptureFailedEvent> (0x80070018)". I reset the camera then looked for the camera in the device manager, but it wasn't in there under imaging devices or sound, video, and game controllers

submitted by /u/HJMichael21
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/HJMichael21, Apr 14, 2020

2. Laptop Camera

Thanks for updating us on the results of the troubleshooting steps that you have completed. Since the built-in webcam is still not working correctly and the same error code 0xA00F4244 (0xC00DABED) is still appearing, we suggest that we check the camera privacy
    settings to see if the camera access is turned on. Kindly follow the steps below to check the camera privacy settings:

• Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
    • Near the top of the Settings app window is the search box, kindly type the word "webcam" or "camera".
    • From the list of results choose Camera privacy settings.
    • Make sure that "Let apps use my camera" toggle is set to On.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Apr 14, 2020
  3. Windows 10 update issue - camera

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would require more information to help you better.

What is the make and model of the camera?

I would suggest you to make sure the camera is installed properly and listed under Device Manager.

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows key + X” from keyboard.
    • Select “Device Manager” option from the list.
    • Check if the Camera is listed in the devices list.
    If it is not listed then the Camera driver is not installed. I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

If the camera is listed in the device manager, then perform the following troubleshooting methods:

Method 1:

You may try running the Hardware and Device troubleshooter and check if it helps.

a. Press Windows Key +R, type Control Panel.

b. Type troubleshooting in the search bar, click on troubleshooting.

c. Click on Hardware and Sound, click on Hardware and Devices.

d. Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2:

If that doesn’t work, then I would suggest you to perform troubleshooting steps from the link “What
    to do if you have problems with an app
    ” to diagnose and fix if the issue is with Camera app.

Method 3:

If this doesn’t fix the issue, I would suggest you to uninstall the camera from Device Manager then reinstall it and then check if this fixes the issue.

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows key + X” from the keyboard.
    • Select “Device Manager” option.
    • Search for Camera, then right click and select “Uninstall”.
    • Then restart the computer.
    • Download the latest driver from the Manufacturer’s website and install it.
    Please do let us know if you need any further assistance related to Windows, we will be glad to assist you.

Mohammed Yaseer, Apr 14, 2020
  4. Urgent laptop camera issues

Laptop Camera

Thanks for providing the results after completing the steps we provided. Since you're still getting the error message “Your camera cannot be found” along with the error code "0xA00F4244 (0xC00DABED)", we suggest that you follow the steps below
    to reset the Camera app on your Windows 10 computer:

• Press the Windows Key + I to open the Settings app.
    • From the options presented select System, then click on
      Apps & features
      located on the left pane.
    • Locate the Camera app from the list and select it.
    • Select the Advanced options link and then choose Reset.
    • When the pop-up notification is shown just click on the Reset
      button once more.
    • Once all the steps are complete, kindly reboot your computer.

Completing this steps will clear the cache of the Camera app and allow it to re-recognize any video capture devices connected to your computer.

Regards.

Jordan Dom, Apr 14, 2020
Thema:

Urgent laptop camera issues

1. Urgent laptop camera issues - Similar Threads - Urgent laptop camera

2. Camera issue on MSI laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera issue on MSI laptop: Hi guys. I have a problem with my built-in camera. F6 doesn't solve it. Laptop Pulse 15 B13VFK, running on Windows 11. Error code 0xA00F4244. Any suggestions how to solve it?...
  3. Camera issue on MSI laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera issue on MSI laptop: Hi guys. I have a problem with my built-in camera. F6 doesn't solve it. Laptop Pulse 15 B13VFK, running on Windows 11. Error code 0xA00F4244. Any suggestions how to solve it?...
  4. Keyboard Issue! Urgent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Issue! Urgent: Hello!Yesterday sometime after I got on my pc, when I was gonna search for something in the search bar, it felt like my keyboard started spamming the arrow key up. And I didn't know why cause nothing has happened to my keyboard, I haven't spilled anything on it or nothing.For...
  5. Keyboard Issue! Urgent

Keyboard Issue! Urgent: Hello!Yesterday sometime after I got on my pc, when I was gonna search for something in the search bar, it felt like my keyboard started spamming the arrow key up. And I didn't know why cause nothing has happened to my keyboard, I haven't spilled anything on it or nothing.For...
  6. Keyboard Issue! Urgent

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows 11 issue laptop crashing need URGENT help

Windows 11 issue laptop crashing need URGENT help: Hello Team, Can someone please help me am having the above error and laptop restart by itself 2 to 3 times randomly. I cant really work its annoying am losing some work as not being able to save on time. I just upgraded to Windows 11 on Friday. Please note below that the...
  8. camera issue for 5559 laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    camera issue for 5559 laptop: I bought 5559 laptop in 2017 and now it does not seem to work well, every time I have to restart the laptop for google hangout as well as zoom. Camera works when the laptop is restarted but the display is very dark. All the updates are up to date. Any suggestion/help is...
  9. laptop camera issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    laptop camera issue: when iam turning on my laptop camera it is not giving a clear picture it is giving a blur vision can any one suggest me what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-camera-issue/b8dc8324-1f86-4e2f-86d4-42d36467b887
  10. Surface laptop Camera Issues

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Surface laptop Camera Issues: My camera and microphone have stopped working for video calls and Windows Hello says it couldn't turn on the camera. I have tried many of the suggested solutions with no luck and would love to know how to fix it. Thank you...