Windows 10: [URGENT] Monitor randomly keeps turning off...

Discus and support [URGENT] Monitor randomly keeps turning off... in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hey there, when I'm watching YouTube videos or something my monitor would randomly switch off and would display the little DVI text on the right side... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by vizu, Dec 12, 2016.

1. vizu Win User

[URGENT] Monitor randomly keeps turning off...

Hey there, when I'm watching YouTube videos or something my monitor would randomly switch off and would display the little DVI text on the right side of the corner. My computer would be running still, but my video would have stopped and everything. There's no way to turn it back on, other than to switch my computer off and back on again to get the monitor to work again.

I have the EIZO fg2421 120hz monitor.

:)

2. This app has been turned off and isn't monitoring your computer Windows 10

I need urgent help there. I can't open Windows Defender. I want to scan for Windows Defender. I get "This app has been turned off and isn't monitoring your computer". Urgent help needed.

SabbathFanTY, Dec 12, 2016
  3. pm691 Win User
    My monitor keeps turning itself on throughout the day

Hello,

My computer is on 24/7 and I have the screen turning itself off after 5 minutes.

All fine, except it will randomly wake up a few minutes later.

And then it goes back to sleep after 5 minutes and then it wakes on its own later again and on and on... it keeps cycling on and off instead of staying off.

What is turning the screen on?

I only keep Windows Live Mail and a couple of browsers open.

Again, this is about the monitor, not the whole computer, which is always on.

Thank you,

pm691, Dec 12, 2016
  4. NocFA Win User

Have you tried a different cable? This will at least remove that problem from the picture.

Make sure all drivers are up to date and that there are no power management options enabled turning off the display or something.

NocFA, Dec 13, 2016
  5. Gramps Win User
    If you have a NVIDIA GPU it could be a driver issue. Elsewhere, NVIDIA users have reported issues like what you describe. The fix was to go back to a 368.xx series driver.

Gramps, Dec 13, 2016
  6. vizu Win User
    Nope still doesn't work.
    I currently have a AMD Radeon driver.

vizu, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. [URGENT] Monitor randomly keeps turning off... - Similar Threads - URGENT Monitor randomly

2. My monitor keeps randomly shutting off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My monitor keeps randomly shutting off: Hi there, I have a Lenovo ideacentre gaming 5i computer. windows 11 It's been working like a dream until recently, where when I try to use it, it simply doesn't work. I would log in, and then a couple seconds later my monitor will go black and the fan on the computer will...
  3. Monitor's Turn Off Randomly - HELP!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor's Turn Off Randomly - HELP!: HelloRecently I have been experiencing an issue where both my monitors turn off randomly usually when I'm dragging and dropping image/video/audio files into Premier pro and almost puts the PC into sleep mode where I have to wiggle the mouse or the screens come back on after a...
  4. Monitor's Turn Off Randomly - HELP!

Monitor's Turn Off Randomly - HELP!: HelloRecently I have been experiencing an issue where both my monitors turn off randomly usually when I'm dragging and dropping image/video/audio files into Premier pro and almost puts the PC into sleep mode where I have to wiggle the mouse or the screens come back on after a...
  5. Monitor turning on and off randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor turning on and off randomly: Ive got 2 monitors, and a gpu thats about a year old, but every so often, the right monitor goes blank and comes back on. This is mostly shown during games, but sometimes during normal use aswell. Sometimes the monitor just completely goes off, but still is registered as I...
  6. Monitor turning on and off randomly

Monitor turning on and off randomly: Ive got 2 monitors, and a gpu thats about a year old, but every so often, the right monitor goes blank and comes back on. This is mostly shown during games, but sometimes during normal use aswell. Sometimes the monitor just completely goes off, but still is registered as I...
  7. my monitor turns off randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my monitor turns off randomly: https://www.facebook.com/trollensten/videos/1035799690504941/?notif_id=1631708527745656&notif_t=video_processed&ref=notif this is what it does everytime randomly.i managed to record it since when it does this it shows a sideways line on the screen and then suddenly after a...
  8. Computer keeps turning off randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer keeps turning off randomly: About 3 times a day at random intervals, my computer will automatically go to a blue screen and restart itself. this last time it did the "kmode_exception_not_handled" at the blue screen. ive tried to narrow down issue but am having no luck. Im going to try and upload the dmp...
  9. Bluetooth randomly keeps turning off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth randomly keeps turning off: Hello, I've recently received a pair of wireless headphones and started using them. After some time the headphones seemed to disconnect at random intervals. On closer inspection I noticed that Bluetooth was randomly shutting off and disconnecting the wireless headphones....
  10. Monitor turns off randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor turns off randomly: My monitor turns off randomly. It comes back on after I restart the computer. Today it took 4 tries. Also, sometimes the screen randomly becomes magnified. Help?! Thank you in advance...