Windows 10: Urgent! msconfig - login no longer working

Discus and support Urgent! msconfig - login no longer working in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I selected diagnostic startup from mis config and clicked ok. Machine restarted. I cannot login to my machine my login was previously linked to... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by OshadhiVanodhya, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Urgent! msconfig - login no longer working

I selected diagnostic startup from mis config and clicked ok. Machine restarted. I cannot login to my machine my login was previously linked to Windows 10. Urgent!

I tried this https://client.ashdowntech.com/2017/02/msconfig-stops-win10-login/ but I coudn't select last option as in screenshot upon clicking restart, I was asked to enter Bit Locker key? I dont know how to access this.

:)

OshadhiVanodhya, Feb 28, 2019

2. Disabled all services in msconfig - login no longer working

Use this tutorial to access System Restore from Advanced Boot Options: How to Start System Restore When You Can No Longer Log Into Windows. Then restore your system to an older state, before the time you made those changes.

Here is also a summary of the steps involved:

1. Boot from a recovery medium (CD, DVD, USB memory stick, recovery partition, etc)
    2. Choose Troubleshoot.
    3. Choose Advanced options.
    4. Choose System Restore.
    5. Login with your user account.
    6. Follow the System Restore wizard to revert Windows 10 to a working state.

Again, that tutorial explains everything in more details, with screenshots included. It was made for Windows 8.1 but it applies to Windows 10 just as well.

Corporate Geek, Feb 28, 2019
  3. Disabled all services in msconfig - login no longer working

I disabled all services in services using msconfig and restarted.

Now - my login details no longer work. I have no network access and the forgot my password option doesn't do anything.

I have restarted using shift+restart to try get into safe mode but this just brings me to the same logon page.

Does anybody know what caused this or how I can resolve the issue?

TomSelleck, Feb 28, 2019
  4. Urgent! msconfig - login no longer working

Urgent to change the Windows 10 login screen

Please Microsoft...

It´s urgent to change the Windows 10 login screen. It´s absolutelly
    ugly.

I suggest a much more minimalist solution...!!!

Thanks

PauloHorta, Feb 28, 2019
Thema:

Urgent! msconfig - login no longer working

1. Urgent! msconfig - login no longer working - Similar Threads - Urgent msconfig login

2. Disabled msconfig services can't login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Disabled msconfig services can't login: I was having issues updating an app so I followed these instructions but I skipped the "hide all" stepPress Windows Key+R.Type msconfig and press Enter.Select Selective startup and uncheck Load startup items.Select the Services tab.Check Hide all Microsoft services.Note:...
  3. Disabled msconfig services can't login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabled msconfig services can't login: I was having issues updating an app so I followed these instructions but I skipped the "hide all" stepPress Windows Key+R.Type msconfig and press Enter.Select Selective startup and uncheck Load startup items.Select the Services tab.Check Hide all Microsoft services.Note:...
  4. Disabled msconfig services can't login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Mouse click no longer works on login screen

Mouse click no longer works on login screen: All of a sudden a few days ago clicking the mouse when starting-up the laptop stopped working. Luckily, I remembered that in old versions of windows you sometimes used to have to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete to bring up the login screen. That does indeed work. If I hadn't remembered...
  6. Screen blanking at lockscreen/login no longer working?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen blanking at lockscreen/login no longer working?: My install randomly and arbitrarily stopped blanking the screen at the lockscreen after 1 minute like it normally does. I checked console lock display off timeout and it's still 1 minute, I have to wait 15 minutes (time I have set for the display to turn off when sitting on...
  7. face recognition login no longer works

face recognition login no longer works: After the latest updates to my Dell Inspiron 15 the face recognition login no longer works. The red dots no longer flash at the login screen. It also stopped working a couple of updates ago, then worked again, then stopped working at the most recent update at the end of...
  8. Windows 10 Login no longer works

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Login no longer works: My windows 10 pin no longer works and neither does my password. I have tried to change them, but no joy. It says cannot log you in, close and retry. Finally it logs me in a temporary acct with no access to my files. How do I get back to my files?...
  9. Msconfig changed and no more login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Msconfig changed and no more login: Trying to fix one problem has turned to a worse problem. I set msconfig to not load the start files and now I no longer get a login box. I get the main screen that shows time and date and the little screen icon bottom right with red X (no connections available). Click that...
  10. External Hard drive No Longer Working! [urgent]

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Hard drive No Longer Working! [urgent]: PLEASE HELP! Okay so i have an external hard drive, western digital, almost exactly a year old. i was tagging/playing.organizing some music when things went really weird. I wasn't able to access certain files, files and folder were undeletable because they were not there...