Windows 10: URGENT - My laptop won’t boot up after deleting registry files.

Discus and support URGENT - My laptop won’t boot up after deleting registry files. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, Earlier I was trying to get rid of a OptimumSearch extension that was acting as an administrator. I was lookijg up how to get rid of it and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Janet Mai, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Janet Mai Win User

URGENT - My laptop won’t boot up after deleting registry files.

Hi,

Earlier I was trying to get rid of a OptimumSearch extension that was acting as an administrator. I was lookijg up how to get rid of it and someone said that if you delete a few files from your registry, it’ll get rid of it. So I went to the registry and followed what that person said. They said to go to the software section, then chrome, and then chromium; and delete everything in the chromium section. I accidentally misread the first step and clicked delete on the entire software folder. It deleted some files but not all, so I thought that it was okay. But now, my Lenovo YOGA C740 laptop has shut down and I am unable to boot it up. Please reply ASAP.

:)

Janet Mai, Jul 2, 2020
  2. Janet Mai Win User

Hi,

Earlier I was trying to get rid of a OptimumSearch extension that was acting as an administrator. I was lookijg up how to get rid of it and someone said that if you delete a few files from your registry, it’ll get rid of it. So I went to the registry and
    followed what that person said. They said to go to the software section, then chrome, and then chromium; and delete everything in the chromium section. I accidentally misread the first step and clicked delete on the entire software folder. It deleted some
    files but not all, so I thought that it was okay. But now, my Lenovo YOGA C740 laptop has shut down and I am unable to boot it up. Please reply ASAP.

Janet Mai, Aug 5, 2020
  3. URGENT - My laptop won’t boot up after deleting registry files.

Hi,

I would suggest you try the below to restore the registry from the backup folder in windows which holds the backup of registries.

Step 1:

Under Advanced Option in recovery mode select Command Prompt

Step 2:

Then in Command Prompt type XCOPY C:\windows\system32\config\regback C:\windows\system32\config

Step 3:

Press Enter & after the process is completed close the command prompt

Step 4:

Restart computer

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Aug 5, 2020
  4. URGENT - My laptop won’t boot up after deleting registry files.

Hi,

I'm Mohammed Shuaib, an Independent Advisor and In understand from the description that you're not able to boot windows after deleting the entire software folder from the registry editor, please follow the below instructions to fix the issue.

By default, Windows is set to restart in advanced boot options, if it fails to start up. If any startup error is causing your Windows to crash, then it may automatically launch the boot options for you. However, it is not compulsory and Windows may get stuck
    in a boot cycle.

In such a situation, you can force Windows to crash and open boot options. To do so,

Start the Windows and as soon as you see the Windows logo; press and hold the power button to force shutdown it.

You can also pull out the power supply (or battery) to force shutdown it.

Repeat this 2-4 times and Windows will open up boot options for you.

Step 1:

Once you’ve accessed the advanced startup options, you’ll need to click (or tap) the Troubleshoot option

Step 2:

Then click on Refresh your PC

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

1. URGENT - My laptop won’t boot up after deleting registry files. - Similar Threads - URGENT laptop won’t

2. Laptop Won’t Boot Up?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop Won’t Boot Up?: Hi, I’ve tried several times to reboot my laptop but it doesn’t want to start windows and keeps showing a maintenance window option, only to repeat itself. What’s wrong with it?...
  3. Laptop Won’t Boot Up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Won’t Boot Up?: Hi, I’ve tried several times to reboot my laptop but it doesn’t want to start windows and keeps showing a maintenance window option, only to repeat itself. What’s wrong with it?...
  4. Laptop Won’t Boot Up?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Help fixing registry after deleting a file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help fixing registry after deleting a file: Please help!Hi, I initially had some issues with the cryptographic services. When I searched online for solutions, I followed instructions to try deleting a registry using regedit i cant remember what file , and no longer am able to find the instructions i followedThe next...
  6. My laptop is deleting various programs and files after booting up.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop is deleting various programs and files after booting up.: My other laptop is having issues where full programs are being removed from the computer along with picture files. The background image is being reverted to a stock image. It's happened twice now with no warning in advance. The computer is being turned off by clicking the...
  7. Laptop won’t boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop won’t boot: Hey there! I’ve had this asus laptop since 2018. I was restarting it last night when this screen appeared. I’ve had windows PCs since 1995 and have never seen this screen before. after it finished, the laptop turned off and now its bot booting. Please help![ATTACH]...
  8. URGENT!! Decrypt files after deleting encryption certificate

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    URGENT!! Decrypt files after deleting encryption certificate: Dear community This is very urgent and i can't come up with a solution by my own. I'm getting scared that the mess i created isn't fixable. A while back i created an EFS encryption for my Laptop. As i'm not really an IT expert, i didn't really know what i was doing so i was...
  9. URGENT!! Decrypt files after deleting encryption certificate

in Windows 10 Support
    URGENT!! Decrypt files after deleting encryption certificate: Dear community This is very urgent and i can't come up with a solution by my own. I'm getting scared that the mess i created isn't fixable. A while back i created an EFS encryption for my Laptop. As i'm not really an IT expert, i didn't really know what i was doing so i was...
  10. Windows 10 cannot boot after registry file deleted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 cannot boot after registry file deleted: hello My Samsung 1TB portable harddisk was not being detected soI was searching online for a solution. And without thinking much i followed this guide which asked me to delete the upper and lower filters of the 4d36e967-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318 registry. "...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. deleted registry now windows wont boot