Windows 10: [Urgent] Permanent Disable Touchscreen A Disaster after Recent Windows 10 Update

Discus and support [Urgent] Permanent Disable Touchscreen A Disaster after Recent Windows 10 Update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi MSFT colleagues and all friends, The request is: permanently disable touchscreen function, while preserve the function of the pen need writing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jack_Jin, Apr 16, 2021.

1. Jack_Jin Win User

[Urgent] Permanent Disable Touchscreen A Disaster after Recent Windows 10 Update

Hi MSFT colleagues and all friends,

The request is: permanently disable touchscreen function, while preserve the function of the pen need writing but don't need any other touch sensing.

This tragic issue returned unforgivably after a recent update couple months ago I believe from MSFT and all previous methods that worked well do not work right now. The device is a Surface Pro 7.

The device is shown as "not enabled" but it is still enabled by any touch. The registry change was done with DWORD as zero but no use any more.

Any suggestions?

To MSFT, this is really frustrating and tragic. I have to constantly look up for new methods to get around this and protect myself from your ruthless updates time and time again and have spent > 24 hours on this single issue.

Whoever can provide a solution urgently is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jack

:)

Jack_Jin, Apr 16, 2021

2. How to permanently disable windows 10 touchscreen

How to permanently disable windows 10 touchscreen?

Because my touch screen is faulty, I have to permanently disable it.

Sometime windows update will automatically re-enable my touchscreen,

so I am looking for a solution which will let windows 10 detect my screen

as a non touch type.

Thanks

KázsmérHryniewski, Apr 16, 2021
  3. Avoid disabled touchscreen to be turned back on after update

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. In my post I inform that:

"After a milllion tries, I've managed to complete the process to disable the touchscreen"

Which means I already done what you suggest. Please read the full post before replying.

I need a way to PERMANENTLY disable touchscreen or to make sure it won`t be enabled on the next update. I also tried uninstalling the device (through the device manager), but the touchscreen was still back on after the update.

And now I am trying to print and it seems the update has also left a trace here, because the drivers are there but the printer won't show on the list and I can't print. Another couple of hours wasted fixing unwanted changes after the update...

WHAT I EXPECT FROM A REPLY THAT WILL SOLVE MY PROBLEM:

1 - A WAY TO MAKE SURE UPDATES WON'T CHANGE CONFIGURATION (ENABLE TOUCHSCREEN, DISABLE PRINTER DRIVER AND GOD KNOWS WHAT OTHER SURPRISES I'LL FIND IN THE NEXT WEEKS)

IF NOT POSSIBLE:

2 - A WAY TO PERMANENTLY DISABLE TOUCHSCREEN THAT IS NOT SIMPLY DISABLE IT OR UNINSTALL IT USING DEVICE MANAGER

IF NOT POSSIBLE:

3- A WAY TO TURN OF AUTOMATIC UPDATES

Please reply only if you are able to provide instructions on how to perform one of the actions above.

Thank you,

Liege

LiegeGonzalez Jung, Apr 16, 2021
  4. Roger#99 Win User

[Urgent] Permanent Disable Touchscreen A Disaster after Recent Windows 10 Update

Permanently disable Touchscreen in Windows 10 [Solution inside!]

I want to thank you. I have struggled for days. Not only was my touchscreen acting up it was going crazy. I could do nothing. Every time I disabled it would not take long before it would enable again. I have gone into the registry as you suggested, rebooted
    and for the last couple of hours everything is good. I hope it continues. I added the DWORD as you suggested. I am always wary of messing with the Registry but I knew my computer was no good if I could not fix it. AGAIN THANKS SO MUCH.

Roger#99, Apr 16, 2021
Thema:

1. [Urgent] Permanent Disable Touchscreen A Disaster after Recent Windows 10 Update - Similar Threads - Urgent Permanent Disable

2. Windows Update disabled permanently .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update disabled permanently .: can anyone helpe me out of this? how to disable windows update permanently in windows 10. because my system automatic restarts. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-disabled-permanently/cc5378a0-ad16-4044-8ccc-19a705ff67f4
  3. If i disable touchscreen on my windows 10 computer will it permanently disable it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If i disable touchscreen on my windows 10 computer will it permanently disable it?: I am so confused right now please help me I dont want ot get rid of touch screen forever https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-disable-touchscreen-on-my-windows-10-computer/ac987c9c-b81e-4e76-b9f5-10a1dfd2f566
  4. If i disable touchscreen on my windows 10 computer will it permanently disable it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If i disable touchscreen on my windows 10 computer will it permanently disable it?: I am so confused right now please help me I dont want ot get rid of touch screen forever https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-disable-touchscreen-on-my-windows-10-computer/ac987c9c-b81e-4e76-b9f5-10a1dfd2f566
  5. If i disable touchscreen on my windows 10 computer will it permanently disable it?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. permanently disable update in windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    permanently disable update in windows 10: Hi to all My supervisor ask me to permanent disable updates in windows 10. After a search i fount this Step1 services.msc Windows UpdateStop Startup type -> Disable Restoration -> No action Step 2 gpedit.msc Computer settings -> Management templates ->Windows...
  7. Permanently disabled windows updates

Permanently disabled windows updates: How can I permanently disable windows updates? I have a 2 year old Dell that, when I delete the updates, runs like a top. As soon as updates are installed, it slows to the point where it's barely usable. I do not wish to use the updates but you've taken away my ability to...
  8. Urgent!! Recent Windows 10 Update

Urgent!! Recent Windows 10 Update: [ATTACH]Good day guys, I recently updated my Windows 10 Laptop as Windows notified me that they'll soon stop providing support in my current Windows 10 version. After updating, I cannot sign in to my PC. When I input my PIN m/password to sign in. The screen becomes black...
  9. Permanently disabling Windows 10 updates... permanently.

Permanently disabling Windows 10 updates... permanently.: I would like to know how to fully disable updates for windows 10. Not partially, not some arbitrary percentage, but COMPLETELY AND PERMANENTLY! I'm tired of having these updates crammed down my throat without even having a choice in the matter. I'm fully aware that this...
  10. Windows 10 update disaster

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 update disaster: After the last Windows 10 update my HP Elite goes to blue screen for Automatic Repair, cannot repair and starts over again. Option to go to desktop just goes to Automatic repair and loops again....