Windows 10: {URGENT PLEASE} HOW can i decrypt previously encrypted files on another laptop which has...

Discus and support {URGENT PLEASE} HOW can i decrypt previously encrypted files on another laptop which has... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hello i have an external hard drive containing my all backed up files from an old laptop,, after a period of time i needed to access my files on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Seif Hegazy, May 29, 2023.

1. {URGENT PLEASE} HOW can i decrypt previously encrypted files on another laptop which has...

hello i have an external hard drive containing my all backed up files from an old laptop,, after a period of time i needed to access my files on the external disk and surprisingly all files were encrypted. i actually didn't do that before on the old device and i even didn't notice . anyways, those files are extremely important how should i regain access to them without any recovery keys or certificate from the old device as its gone.. thanks in advance

:)

Seif Hegazy, May 29, 2023
  2. Samuria Win User

URGENT!! Decrypt files after deleting encryption certificate

have you tried To decrypt a file or folder:

1. From the Start menu, select Programs or All Programs, then Accessories, and then Windows Explorer.
    2. Right-click the file or folder you want to decrypt, and then click Properties.
    3. On the General tab, click Advanced.
    4. Clear the Encrypt contents to secure data checkbox, and then click OK.
    When you decrypt a folder, you must decide whether to decrypt the folder only or to decrypt the folder and all files and subfolders contained within it. If you choose to decrypt the folder only, the files and subfolders within the folder remain encrypted. However, when you add new files and subfolders to the folder, they will not be automatically encrypted.

Samuria, May 29, 2023
  3. Till Win User
    URGENT!! Decrypt files after deleting encryption certificate

Dear community

This is very urgent and i can't come up with a solution by my own. I'm getting scared that the mess i created isn't fixable.

A while back i created an EFS encryption for my Laptop. As i'm not really an IT expert, i didn't really know what i was doing so i was surprised that now all files i create on my computer were automatically encrypted. What i actually wanted was to encrypt specific files. But i left it for quite a long time because i didn't find a solution to reverse it. It really started to annoy me that i had to decrypt my files every time i wanted to transfer them to another computer. Today i was so annoyed that i tried again to find a solution. I googled and found an instruction on how to delete the encryption certificate. Without really thinking i assumed that by deleting the thing i created some time ago, all the files would decrypt and my problems would be solved. So i didn't hesitate and deleted the certificates. Now all my files are s encrypted, but i can't decrypt them separately anymore.

All my files from university are on this computer and i can't access or decrypt them anymore.

Does anyone have an advice on how to solve this?

Thank your for your help

4. {URGENT PLEASE} HOW can i decrypt previously encrypted files on another laptop which has...

Cannot decrypt previously encrypted files

i cannot decrypt previously encrypted files maybe a certificate deleted. I can see the user name and a certificate thumbprint but can not be backed up key (Encrypting Fiel System: to add user this file, you must have access to the file and write or modify
    permissions for it)
    {URGENT PLEASE} HOW can i decrypt previously encrypted files on another laptop  which has... 6562a8f7-f520-46e4-822e-fa05b247ccac?upload=true.png

LUKMAN Soebiyanto (live.com, May 29, 2023
Thema:

{URGENT PLEASE} HOW can i decrypt previously encrypted files on another laptop which has...

1. {URGENT PLEASE} HOW can i decrypt previously encrypted files on another laptop which has... - Similar Threads - {URGENT PLEASE} decrypt

2. How can I open decrypt BitLocker-encrypted pdf/word files in another PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I open decrypt BitLocker-encrypted pdf/word files in another PC?: Hello Microsoft professionals,In the past, I encrypted all my drives with BitLocker, and later I decrypted all of them by unlocking making the BitLocker off. However, all my pdf/word files remain encrypted and can't be opened on other PCs operating with Windows 10. I am a...
  3. {URGENT PLEASE} HOW can i decrypt previously encrypted files on another laptop which has...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    {URGENT PLEASE} HOW can i decrypt previously encrypted files on another laptop which has...: hello i have an external hard drive containing my all backed up files from an old laptop,, after a period of time i needed to access my files on the external disk and surprisingly all files were encrypted. i actually didn't do that before on the old device and i even didn't...
  4. {URGENT PLEASE} HOW can i decrypt previously encrypted files on another laptop which has...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    {URGENT PLEASE} HOW can i decrypt previously encrypted files on another laptop which has...: hello i have an external hard drive containing my all backed up files from an old laptop,, after a period of time i needed to access my files on the external disk and surprisingly all files were encrypted. i actually didn't do that before on the old device and i even didn't...
  5. Installed windows 11, unable to decrypt files which were encrypted on previous version...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installed windows 11, unable to decrypt files which were encrypted on previous version...: Hi All,I have encrypted few important files on windows 10, now I have installed windows 11 and unable to decrypt the same files. I have windows.old folder created and so came back to previous version . Facing the same issue again though. I do not have any certifications...
  6. Installed windows 11, unable to decrypt files which were encrypted on previous version...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installed windows 11, unable to decrypt files which were encrypted on previous version...: Hi All,I have encrypted few important files on windows 10, now I have installed windows 11 and unable to decrypt the same files. I have windows.old folder created and so came back to previous version . Facing the same issue again though. I do not have any certifications...
  7. Installed windows 11, unable to decrypt files which were encrypted on previous version...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. URGENT!! Decrypt files after deleting encryption certificate

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    URGENT!! Decrypt files after deleting encryption certificate: Dear community This is very urgent and i can't come up with a solution by my own. I'm getting scared that the mess i created isn't fixable. A while back i created an EFS encryption for my Laptop. As i'm not really an IT expert, i didn't really know what i was doing so i was...
  9. URGENT!! Decrypt files after deleting encryption certificate

in Windows 10 Support
    URGENT!! Decrypt files after deleting encryption certificate: Dear community This is very urgent and i can't come up with a solution by my own. I'm getting scared that the mess i created isn't fixable. A while back i created an EFS encryption for my Laptop. As i'm not really an IT expert, i didn't really know what i was doing so i was...
  10. How Decrypt, Encrypt file?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How Decrypt, Encrypt file?: I saved my Photos in D:Drive. And Encrypt same personal photos by this way{Choose a photo->Right click on it->then properties->Advances option in General->Then choose "Encrypt file to secure data"}. But now I can't open my encrypted photos. And can't Decrypt it. So Please...