Windows 10: URGENT!!! Screen time Block on child's device won't unlock

Discus and support URGENT!!! Screen time Block on child's device won't unlock in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, We urgently need help to solve the following problem. We as a parent cannot unblock the screen time limit on our sons laptop. As soon as we... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Fred and Diana, Mar 12, 2019.

1. URGENT!!! Screen time Block on child's device won't unlock

Hi,

We urgently need help to solve the following problem.

We as a parent cannot unblock the screen time limit on our sons laptop.

As soon as we unlock the laptop with our MS password the following message appears:

Time is up! This device is blocked because of your family settings for screen time.

Now we have the following options:

"my parent is here" or "send request"

If we use option one a window pops up saying."An error has occured. Since you are an admin on this device, you'll need to send a request for more screen time. When we click on this button to send the request a message pops up saying "Something went wrong. we are unable to send your request.Are you connected to the internet?

And then the laptop goes back to the screen where you need to enter your MS Password.

Steps we did so far:

Turned off screen time limits on family account

removed child from family account and added it back on

restarted all devices

We urgently need to resolve this as the laptop. Thank you

:)

Fred and Diana, Mar 12, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

How to revoke extra screen time provided to child

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to revoke the extra time that you have provided to your child. Currently, there is no option to revoke or undo the time extension that has been provided.

However, you can go ahead and change the time limit that your child has to access the device and check if that makes a difference. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Login to
      https://login.live.com
      with the Microsoft account.
    2. Click on Family.
    3. Under your child account, click on Screen time.
    4. Now, you can change the screen time that has been assigned to your child.

Also, I suggest you to provide your valuable feedback in Feedback hub so that the developing team can review your suggestions. To provide your feedback, please refer to the article
    Send feedback to Microsoft with the Feedback Hub app.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 12, 2019
  3. Block Google Chrome for Child

I have 5 kids to setup content restrictions for. Though I love that Microsoft gives the power to have the safety features it does, the process is RIDICULOUS if you are doing it for more than 1 child!!!

I attempted to setup my 3 younger kids to only have access to a couple of specific websites, but no other sites. During that process I removed Google Chrome from the blocked apps list. What I did not know was that I had to use Microsoft Edge (one of the
    worst browsers ever) to use the feature that only allows certain sites. So now Google Chrome is no longer a blocked app, but yet the site has no way to just add it back.

I looked up how to block an app and was SHOCKED by the official info from Microsoft. See Below. Basically your kid has to use an app before you can add it to the blocked list. Doesn't that defy the purpose of having safety features for a child?

Besides... I used my child's account and opened Chrome, yet it still DID NOT show up in their activity list in order to block it. NOW WHAT?

FROM MICROSOFT

Blocking specific apps is possible with the Microsoft Account's Family Safety Feature. To block a specific application on your child's account, it is a requirement that the app must be used by your child, so that it will appear in under the Recent Activity
    list. For your child's security, you can log in as the child and launch the app to satisfy this requirement.

Follow these steps to successfully block specific applications:

1. Visit the Microsoft Family website and then sign in your Microsoft Account.
    2. Click the account of the child that you want to block from using an app.
    3. Select Recent Activity.
    4. Click to ensure that Activity Reporting is turned on.
    5. Scroll down and look for Apps & Games.
    6. Choose the apps that you want to block on your child's account.
    7. Click Block to block usage of the app.

msquaredonline, Mar 12, 2019
  4. Anonimiss Win User

URGENT!!! Screen time Block on child's device won't unlock

Windows 10 Screen Time setting not working for my child

I had this exact problem and these are the steps I took to get the issue resolved:

• Navigate to family safety settings and remove the child from the family having issues.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with local account instead
    • Follow the steps to change to a local account. When completed, Login back to your account (admin account)
    • Go back to the family safety settings and add your child back to the family group.
    • Access your childs email address to accept the family invitation
    • Verify the child now shows properly in the family settings and that the screen times are still correct.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with microsoft account instead
    • Your family settings should now take affect.

I know this is pretty tedious, but like I said, it worked for me. If you are still having trouble, I suggest contacting support and they can help walk you through the steps to get it resolved.

Anonimiss, Mar 12, 2019
Thema:

URGENT!!! Screen time Block on child's device won't unlock

1. URGENT!!! Screen time Block on child's device won't unlock - Similar Threads - URGENT Screen Block

2. Child`s screen time settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Child`s screen time settings: Hi all,I have set screen time restrictions on my grandsons pc,my question is,if I set screen time from say 15.00 untill 22.00,which is 7 hours,but he doesn`t go on pc untill say 18.00,does screen time still end at 22.00 or max time set of 7 hours take presedence which means...
  3. Child`s screen time settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Child`s screen time settings: Hi all,I have set screen time restrictions on my grandsons pc,my question is,if I set screen time from say 15.00 untill 22.00,which is 7 hours,but he doesn`t go on pc untill say 18.00,does screen time still end at 22.00 or max time set of 7 hours take presedence which means...
  4. URGENT Locked device - I can not unlock

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    URGENT Locked device - I can not unlock: I was updating my Microsoft account yesterday and I did not recognize a computer in my "devices". So I "locked" it on the device screen. I noticed this morning that the one I locked was my son's laptop. When locking it it had me put in a message- it's that same message that...
  5. URGENT Locked device - I can not unlock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    URGENT Locked device - I can not unlock: I was updating my Microsoft account yesterday and I did not recognize a computer in my "devices". So I "locked" it on the device screen. I noticed this morning that the one I locked was my son's laptop. When locking it it had me put in a message- it's that same message that...
  6. URGENT Locked device - I can not unlock

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Screen time limit block the child before "Time Limit" reached.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Screen time limit block the child before "Time Limit" reached.: I have child account in my family group and I found that "Time Limit" end in less time then defined. Now it's define for 6hr. Usage show 5:35 only and account is blocked. By time window usage allowed also. Device limits What can cause it?...
  8. Screen time on child user account

Screen time on child user account: I just purchased a laptop with Windows 10 for the kids to do homework on and set up user and email accounts for each of them. I noticed however that whenever they try to open google chrome or start a zoom meeting with their teacher, they have a screen time request pop up...
  9. ERROR 80720251 CHILD SCREEN TIME

ERROR 80720251 CHILD SCREEN TIME: Hello, so yesterday I tried to log in into my computer and screen locked because of the screen time. So the thing is that I haven't set any Parent Control and I don't know what the hell is going on. If I send request it's not helping at all because I don't even know who am I...
  10. Manage Screen Time for Devices of Microsoft Family Child Member

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Manage Screen Time for Devices of Microsoft Family Child Member: How to: Manage Screen Time for Devices of Microsoft Family Child Member How to Manage Screen Time for Windows 10 and Xbox One Devices of Microsoft Family Child Member One of the many benefits of having a Microsoft account is a family group, which gives you access to...