Windows 10: Urgent - Standard User Security issue

Discus and support Urgent - Standard User Security issue in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Let me explain... This is a medical facility and we have 10 computers for the adolescent patients to do school work. I just reinstalled each computer... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by bslevin, Jun 12, 2020.

1. bslevin Win User

Urgent - Standard User Security issue

Let me explain... This is a medical facility and we have 10 computers for the adolescent patients to do school work. I just reinstalled each computer from scratch to install windows 10 pro. i put all their programs and security we use to monitor them because they like to instal VPN's to bypass security.

So first hour we see someone downloaded and installed firefox. Their accounts are standard so in order for an installation they should be prompted for the password form an admin account. Well the window pops up asking for the admin password.. But if you just leave it and don't touch anything within 1-2 min it just disappears and installs the program by itself. I tried this on all 10 computers and they all do the same thing. It also works for uninstalling, it prompts for a password but if you just leave it for 1-2 min it disappears and uninstalls .

I need help with this i cannot find any information and we have to keep this patients from being able to install things.

:)

bslevin, Jun 12, 2020

2. Account user mode changing issues.(Administrator/ standard)

Hi,

The User Account Control is a type of security that restricts unauthorized installation of apps and settings modification. You will normally encounter this notification if you are using a standard account. Since this is the issue that you have encountered
    on your PC, we would like to ask for additional information to help us provide you the appropriate solution. Please answer the following:

• What command did you run when you changed the administrator account to standard?
    • Do you still have another administrator account that you can log into?
    • What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We look forward to your response.

Jennifer Cha, Jun 12, 2020
  3. deving Win User
    User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Jun 12, 2020
  4. Urgent - Standard User Security issue

Standard user account created shows Administrator on Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Are you logging in using a Microsoft account on any of the created two user accounts?
    • Have you created 2 local account with administrative privileges on the computer?

Please be informed that Local user account as well as
    Microsoft user account
    can be considered as Standard user account. A
    Standard user account is the user account which do not have any administrative privileges.

It is possible to create two or more accounts with administrative privileges on computers running with Windows 10 operating system.

If you want to convert one of the user account as a standard account, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Control panel in the search box and select the top most search result.
    • Select User Accounts and click on Change account type
      from the window.
    • Click on the user account and select Change the Account type option.
    • Select Standard and click on Change account type
      button from the window.
    • Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

Urgent - Standard User Security issue

1. Urgent - Standard User Security issue - Similar Threads - Urgent Standard User

2. Keyboard Issue! Urgent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Issue! Urgent: Hello!Yesterday sometime after I got on my pc, when I was gonna search for something in the search bar, it felt like my keyboard started spamming the arrow key up. And I didn't know why cause nothing has happened to my keyboard, I haven't spilled anything on it or nothing.For...
  3. Keyboard Issue! Urgent

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard Issue! Urgent: Hello!Yesterday sometime after I got on my pc, when I was gonna search for something in the search bar, it felt like my keyboard started spamming the arrow key up. And I didn't know why cause nothing has happened to my keyboard, I haven't spilled anything on it or nothing.For...
  4. Standard Security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Standard Security: Sirs, Why am I told 'Standard hardware security not supported' in Settings, even though I have 20H2 installed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/standard-security/bd5740f4-113e-4f23-bc99-d48f61a81c13
  5. secure file from standard user

secure file from standard user: We have a windows application which is written by electron and SQLite as database, the problem is we want our database file to be secure from deleting or modifying by user , and only application itself can modify that , what are the options here ? is it possible to give admin...
  6. standard user

in Windows 10 Customization
    standard user: see attachments. when i view my account settings i see that i'm an administrator, but when use control panel/user accounts/change your account type, it seems to think i am already a standard user. the way UAC acts, it seems to think i am an administrator. which is...
  7. Security standard hardware

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Security standard hardware: In checking my security programs I received a message under Standard Security is not supported. I have tried to do everything I could but I got no positive results. Is my PC in danger of raids? I use Microsoft 10....
  8. administrator user changed to standard user

in Windows 10 Customization
    administrator user changed to standard user: I have changed my administrator user to standard user. Know i need to login with admin user. I am using windows 10. There was only administrator user which i have changed to standard user. How can i get back admin user. I also can't open cmd "run as administrator". Showing...
  9. Is a standard user account necessary for tight security and home user?

Is a standard user account necessary for tight security and home user?: Is a standard user account really necessary for tight security for the home user or will a well secured administrator account be sufficient? 64477
  10. Standard Local user Account issue

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Standard Local user Account issue: Since upgrading within Windows 10, I've since noticed that I am unable to access my additional user accounts. My main account is fine and have no issue. When I go to log in to additional user account, i click sign in (no password set up for either of my additional...