Windows 10: URGENT- WIFI Slows Down from 700 Mbps to 0.5-50 Mbps after Windows 10 Update

Discus and support URGENT- WIFI Slows Down from 700 Mbps to 0.5-50 Mbps after Windows 10 Update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I signed up the 1000 Mbps ultra high speed Cox Internet. I have connected it via Netgear Nighthawk X4S, AC3200 WIFI Cable Modem Router, certified by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Shong50, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Shong50 Win User

URGENT- WIFI Slows Down from 700 Mbps to 0.5-50 Mbps after Windows 10 Update

I signed up the 1000 Mbps ultra high speed Cox Internet. I have connected it via Netgear Nighthawk X4S, AC3200 WIFI Cable Modem Router, certified by Cox for Multi-Gig Speed internet. It is the latest DOCSIS 3.1, capable of up to 10 Gbps. The speed is 970Mbps when Cox technician came to check with their meter directly connected to the Modem Router.

I used to be able to get up to 500-700 Mbps in early 2020 before I install the May-Jun Windows 10 Update. Now I am struggling for 70-170 Mbps. And it is NOT stable, it will reliably dropped to 0.5-50 Mbps after using the computer for 10-60 minutes. I have to reboot the computer 2-4 times for the Windows 10 to regain to 80-170 Mbps. It feels like there is a spy working in the background of Windows 10 and steal the resources, or trying to hijack the Windows 10 machine to do some other tasks for someone else. This is after I have turned off the sharing of the PC for Windows 10 to share my PC resources with others for downloading updates. I have also turn off all the Startup List practically all the programs and application in the Task Manager. The only ones running at start up are: Intel driver Support and Assistant Tray, Webroot SecureAnywhere, HP notification, Windows Security notification icon. Nothing else.

My HP Spectre 360 and Elitebook are with Intel Dual Band Wireless AC8265. Updated to Driver date 1/1/2020, Driver Version 20.70.16.4.

Can someone with good connection to Microsoft Tech Support report this issue to Microsoft? Make them aware of this terrible situation. I am a Microsoft stock holder and Windows 10 supporter, but very unhappy with the WIFI mess. This seems to be a perpetual problem - After every Windows 10 Update, the WIFI speed always dropped to barely usable, and requires numerous restarts to bring back some speed. Then there seems to be always someone hidding behind in the computer to hijack the WIFI to barely crawling, even with a the latest Netgear Cable modem/WIFI router built into the same unit, without any possible loss of performance. Your help will benefit the community tremendously!!

Before Microsoft resolves this issue, can someone with expert knowledge help resolve this issue?

Thank you very much in advance!!

:)

Shong50, Jun 28, 2020

2. Laptop with Windows 10 slows down high speed internet from 350 mbps to 7

Windows 10 is slowing my internet speed from 350 mbps to 7 mbps.

When is this going to be fixed?

VernonYawn, Jun 28, 2020
  3. Unable to do more than 50 Mbps on an LTE Cat.4 150 Mbps Lumia 640

Hello,

For a week that I accumulated all possible tests, and there is a problem :

Even in places where with the same operator, I can reach and exceed 100 Mbps with an Android phone, my Lumia 640 (Microsoft Edge, Speedtest.net and Internet Sharing
    , as well as the 3 added) do not allow me to exceed 50 Mbps.

My absolute record is 46 Mbps at the same place where an equivalent model under Android makes more than 100 Mbps (LTE Cat.4 150 Mbps max too)

Is anybody able to do some tests with this phone ? Am I the only one to encounter this problem ?

Thank you in advance

OctocrobePigloo, Jun 28, 2020
  4. Bob.A.LOU Win User

Win10 laptop wifi slow after upgrade

after update my wifi download speed went from 50 MBPS to 4.78 MBPS

my upload speed is now faster then down load 5.58 MBPS upload speed

hp laptop I-7 intel Centrino wireless-n 1000

laptop wifi slow after update

tried to do restore to previous update which crashed computer

only way to get it to run caused removal of all application and software as win 10 was in a loop and would not start.

which forced reloading Win 10 from UBS stick which according to Microsoft would restore Win10 but all it did was reload Win 10.

After installing all the updates to Win10

wifi still ungodly slow less than 5 MBPS

no networking

no workgroups then show up but don;t work

missing network protocol errors that there are no solutions too

so now have an unusable laptop that does very little since no software has been reinstalled

Wifi pretty much unusable

No solution on how to fix a problem which I did not cause

Already have spent 16 plus hours trying to find a solution

Bob.A.LOU, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

1. URGENT- WIFI Slows Down from 700 Mbps to 0.5-50 Mbps after Windows 10 Update - Similar Threads - URGENT WIFI Slows

2. Mbps download at 255.8 but Mbps upload at 0.35,

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mbps download at 255.8 but Mbps upload at 0.35,: this happens at random times. usually the mbps upload speed is around 10 or 11 but then suddenly it just turns to sub 1. im using windows 10 pro, i use cox wifi 5g. this is only a problem with my pc since any other device has higher upload speeds when this happens...
  3. Why does my wifi speed drop to 0 mbps every 5-8 seconds?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my wifi speed drop to 0 mbps every 5-8 seconds?: I only recently started having this issue and i haven't been able to figure out a solution for it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-wifi-speed-drop-to-0-mbps-every-5-8/08a396be-b0ed-452c-b304-f567296a2988
  4. Why does my wifi speed drop to 0 mbps every 5-8 seconds?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my wifi speed drop to 0 mbps every 5-8 seconds?: I only recently started having this issue and i haven't been able to figure out a solution for it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-wifi-speed-drop-to-0-mbps-every-5-8/08a396be-b0ed-452c-b304-f567296a2988
  5. MediaTekWi-Fi6EMT7922RZ616 speed goes down from 100 mbps to 7-13 mbps while downloading...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MediaTekWi-Fi6EMT7922RZ616 speed goes down from 100 mbps to 7-13 mbps while downloading...: during speed test my pc shows 100-105 download and 85-90 upload speed but when i download some app or something from the netchrome,steamit goes down to 7-13mbps using MediaTekWi-Fi6EMT7922RZ616...
  6. Connection start at 300 mbps and drop at 50

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Connection start at 300 mbps and drop at 50: Hello i got a basic / good pc for gaming and my connection is usually good But the only problème is that when i boot my pc, my connection goes 300 mbps (descendant) , but after a good 30 minutes , it drop at 50 mbps :/ i now that the problem is not in the wifi card because i...
  7. Windows 10 WiFi upload consistently 0.15 Mbps, OSX consistently 7+ Mbps

Windows 10 WiFi upload consistently 0.15 Mbps, OSX consistently 7+ Mbps: Both have similar download results: 32-42 Mbps. Both have similar latency, ~22ms. But I've noticed that uploading even small files takes ages on my Windows 10 machine, so I tested it (same location, same network, both WiFi) and consistently get ~0.15 Mbps! I'm not sure why...
  8. 0 Mbps download

0 Mbps download: Hi I'm transferring a large file to a hard drive, and it was transferring just fine(~60mbps) but then the "remaining items" hit 0 with 0 bytes left. My speed started to say 0 bytes per second, and it said estimated time 5 seconds remaining. But new files keep showing up in...
  9. Mbps

Mbps: How do I find the Mbps for my particular system? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/mbps/716fe8c0-575f-4f02-a5c6-c61deb4057f9
  10. Windows 10 is not responding to the change from 25 Mbps to 100 Mbps

Windows 10 is not responding to the change from 25 Mbps to 100 Mbps: My recent upgrade to 100 Mbps (from 25 Mbps) is somehow ignored by my Windows 10 laptop. The Windows 7 had no problem accepting it. I had Linksys test my router; it works fine. The older Motorola modem from Spectrum seems to work ok. The first (customer friendly)...