Windows 10: URGENT - Windows 10 Critical error loop preventing boot

Discus and support URGENT - Windows 10 Critical error loop preventing boot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have encountered a strange situation. I installed Adobe creative suite and afterwards the Windows 10 start menu stopped working. I would click on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by IanNoone, Mar 24, 2019.

1. IanNoone Win User

URGENT - Windows 10 Critical error loop preventing boot

I have encountered a strange situation. I installed Adobe creative suite and afterwards the Windows 10 start menu stopped working. I would click on the icon - see circle for a few seconds and then nothing. I tried a lot of solutions offered - PowerShell commands, creating new users etc - but nothing worked. So I recovered from a restore point I had created a week earlier. I lost the Adobe install but things were working normally for a few minutes until a window popped up saying a critical error had occurred and information was being gathered. The pc then rebooted and tried to diagnose and repair windows. It came back saying it could not be repaired. I went through the advanced options - nothing worked. It is now caught in a loop of finding a critical error, diagnosing and being unable to repair. I had created a Windows 10 repair cd so I tried it. I got more options but none worked. Even tried booting into safe mode but it kept dying on the critical error and never would boot even into safe mode. In fact, even trying another restore point - there were 3 restore points originally - would not work because the windows now says there are no restore points anywhere. I then tried to reset the PC - reinstall Windows 10 in effect - but it failed because it says the disk is GPT not MBR (or vice versa). I have a 3rd party tool that allows me to boot the pc from a flash drive and allows me to see the hard drive etc. I ran some hard drive diagnostic tools and the hard drive is fine - in fact, a surface scan test ran for hours but found no errors. Memory is also testing ok. In fact, the pc runs fine when booted from the flash drive. The problem comes when booting with Windows 10. I am receiving a lot of criticism but I've installed Adobe on other pc's with no issue and also never had a problem going back to a restore point. How can I get this pc back running? We URGENTLY need this pc within the next day or two.

:)

IanNoone, Mar 24, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

windows 10 critical update

Hi Stacee,

It is possible that a black screen may occur due to critical system error or corrupted system file. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • Have you tried booting up your computer in Safe Mode?
    • Could you tell us what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article on how to troubleshoot black
    screen error. You can choose which best describes your issue.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Mar 24, 2019
  3. Claudia99 Win User
    Windows 10 Start Menu Critical Error

Hi - I have an infinite loop critical error going on with our new Windows 10 install. I've done everything the Microsoft engineer here said to do: Critical Error, start menu and cortana aren't working

With a result of a huge list of "deployment failed" things listed now in the DOS CMD prompt. The first three steps worked, but the get APP-X part failed, big time. What can I do next aside from wait? We cannot access the programs on our computer -- or at
    least the less tech-savvy people in the house are not able to, with great angst and sorrow, unfortunately.

Please help....

Thanks,

Claudia

Claudia99, Mar 24, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Critical Error Popup

Hi QUENDALEWARD,

Corrupted system files may be the possible cause why you received a critical error. To provide you the accurate resolution, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • What is the exact error message you received?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, I suggest that you follow the steps in this article on how to troubleshoot
    Start menu.

Keep us posted if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Mar 24, 2019
Thema:

1. URGENT - Windows 10 Critical error loop preventing boot - Similar Threads - URGENT Critical error

2. Stuck in boot loop, critical process died error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in boot loop, critical process died error: For the past few weeks my computer has been stuck unable to boot. The only error message I've gotten is "CRITICAL PROCESS DIED" but I've tried almost every suggested method I can find to no avail. System restore doesn't appear to affect the correct drive, when I try to reset...
  3. Stuck in boot loop, critical process died error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in boot loop, critical process died error: For the past few weeks my computer has been stuck unable to boot. The only error message I've gotten is "CRITICAL PROCESS DIED" but I've tried almost every suggested method I can find to no avail. System restore doesn't appear to affect the correct drive, when I try to reset...
  4. Stuck in boot loop, critical process died error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Critical Process Died Boot Loop fix

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Critical Process Died Boot Loop fix: Today i was casualty Gaming when my pc hardly slowed down so i decieded to restart it, after doing so blue screen appeared with code error: Critical process died when it tried to repair it Another blue screen appeared when it was said the repair couldnt be done and it just...
  6. Critical Process Died Boot Loop fix

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Critical Process Died Boot Loop fix: Today i was casualty Gaming when my pc hardly slowed down so i decieded to restart it, after doing so blue screen appeared with code error: Critical process died when it tried to repair it Another blue screen appeared when it was said the repair couldnt be done and it just...
  7. Critical process died boot loop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Critical process died boot loop: Hi guys, i just have this bsod everytime i booted to my windows 64bit os+some ram issues that i fixed by removing 1 stick and wont even boot to safe modeI fixed the issue by booting to my 32 bit system via dualboot but still any thoughts about my problemIt boots normally...
  8. Urgent: Boot Error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Urgent: Boot Error: Hi, Just today, My only operating system windows 10's boot got corrupted, What happened exactly that I was moving some drives places for an unallocated spcae to be near the C drive, It was ready for a restart and then my PC overheated... And as I expected that the PC system...
  9. Windows 10 boot error "critical error"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 boot error "critical error": Windows 10 was working fine then one day it would not boot with critical. Ran power on computer test and it ran OK. This Dell Inspiron 1545 came with Vista Home Premium, then upgraded to 7 Home Premium and then to 10. I started all over and loaded Vista Home Premium from...
  10. Windows 10 Boot Loop: a patch is preventing the system from starting.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Boot Loop: a patch is preventing the system from starting.: Since August 31, after 2 blackouts in the middle of august in my city, my laptop Dell Inspiron which have a not working battery since last year, present a hellish boot loop, I tried everything, bootrec commands (fixboot acess denied), startup repair (a patch is preventing the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. preventing boot failure on windows 10