Windows 10: [URGENT] Windows 10 suddenly was deactivated after a mother board was changed

Discus and support [URGENT] Windows 10 suddenly was deactivated after a mother board was changed in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I've tried to "Troubleshoot" in Setting -> Activation, but the dialog prompts me to purchase a new Windows 10 again. I tried "I recently changed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by michi-wan-one-1, Sep 28, 2019.

1. [URGENT] Windows 10 suddenly was deactivated after a mother board was changed

I've tried to "Troubleshoot" in Setting -> Activation, but the dialog prompts me to purchase a new Windows 10 again.

I tried "I recently changed hardware on this device", but I get an error "We can't reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later." forever.

I've read through https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20530/windows-10-reactivating-after-hardware-change, but I cannot recall product key. I've already trashed the package that I bought in a retail store a year ago.

How can I reactivate it?

:)

michi-wan-one-1, Sep 28, 2019
  2. Kaleemah Win User

Unable to activate Windows after changing Mother board.

Unable to activate Windows after changing Mother board. There was an update installed from Windows Store related to Intel storage, after restarting Windows Mother board BIOS was damaged. Since Motherboard was under Warranty, replaced it now cannot activate
    Windows 10.

Kaleemah, Sep 28, 2019
  3. Window 10 reactivation after hardware (mother board) change

We have windows 10 OEM license. Recently in one machine we had a problem with the mother board and we replaced it. unfortunately after this change windows was gone back to the not activated state.

pls let me know if there is any way to get this activated again... Some people are telling about DOS boards. They told me that we can change the SSID of the mother board to previous mother board SID. Is that true.. after doing this can we activate it with
    the previous license.

Pls help..

Thanks in advance

Chathura Kalyana

chathuraKalyana, Sep 28, 2019
  4. pvkr Win User

[URGENT] Windows 10 suddenly was deactivated after a mother board was changed

MOTHER BOARD CHANGED, HOW TO RE-ACTIVATE WINDOWS 10 PRO

Respected All,

Recently i changed my mother board, how to re-activate windows 10 pro.

Thema:

[URGENT] Windows 10 suddenly was deactivated after a mother board was changed

1. [URGENT] Windows 10 suddenly was deactivated after a mother board was changed - Similar Threads - URGENT suddenly was

2. Changing Mother Board

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Mother Board: If I change the motherboard on my PC will it require me to get a new Windows license? My Windows license was OEM so I don't have a retail copy. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-mother-board/670c6d23-2e06-40d6-a2d8-2801d9fb14a1
  3. Changing Mother Board

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing Mother Board: If I change the motherboard on my PC will it require me to get a new Windows license? My Windows license was OEM so I don't have a retail copy. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-mother-board/670c6d23-2e06-40d6-a2d8-2801d9fb14a1
  4. Changing Mother Board

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can't activate Windows 10 after mother board change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't activate Windows 10 after mother board change: i had to change out my motherboard and i can't activate Windows 10 after mother board change. can i move the key to the new motherboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-activate-windows-10-after-mother-board-change/74c1b20f-91bd-478d-b101-03a29dbf3266
  6. Can't activate Windows 10 after mother board change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't activate Windows 10 after mother board change: i had to change out my motherboard and i can't activate Windows 10 after mother board change. can i move the key to the new motherboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-activate-windows-10-after-mother-board-change/74c1b20f-91bd-478d-b101-03a29dbf3266
  7. Activation Windows After change mother board

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activation Windows After change mother board: I changed my motherboard and after it, I can't activate my windows.I already try to troubleshooting and select the key linked with my e-mail, but it doesn't work.The message error is: We can't reactivate windows on this device. Try later....
  8. Activation Windows After change mother board

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation Windows After change mother board: I changed my motherboard and after it, I can't activate my windows.I already try to troubleshooting and select the key linked with my e-mail, but it doesn't work.The message error is: We can't reactivate windows on this device. Try later....
  9. changing mother board

changing mother board: I'm about to change my motherboard and CPU but many people said that my windows license will be gone if I try to change my motherboard my windows license is volume license...
  10. Windows 10 activation problem after changing mother board

Windows 10 activation problem after changing mother board: I have HP dv6 laptop which came with pre installed windows 7 oem license. I upgraded it to windows 10 home ed using free program service.Recently, motherboard failed so i bought " used" motherboard.But now i am unable to activate windows using trouble shooter (and selecting...