Windows 10: [urgent] Windows keeps making page file on it's own

Discus and support [urgent] Windows keeps making page file on it's own in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,I recently changed my default Pagefile location from the System Drive C: drive to another drive on my laptop because I was running out of storage.I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by nfnmuhammad, Jan 27, 2022.

1. [urgent] Windows keeps making page file on it's own

Hi,I recently changed my default Pagefile location from the System Drive C: drive to another drive on my laptop because I was running out of storage.I set the page file on the E: drive, however everytime I reboot, windows just keeps making a "temporary paging file" because of a problem that occurred with my paging file when starting the laptop.The reason I tried to move the Pagefile is because my system drive is only 56GBeMMC and is running out of space because of the system files.So I tried moving it to my 200GB SSD that was on my laptop, but it keeps making another pagefile everytime I r

:)

nfnmuhammad, Jan 27, 2022
  2. psyko12 Win User

Page File

Set minimum and maximum to a constant number as suggested by others, that will help reduce fragmentation on the drive coz of different page file sizing.

psyko12, Jan 27, 2022
  3. Jetster Win User
    Page file size?

Deleting it is fine, but keep in mind if you delete your page file a memory dump has no where to go and will be deleted. Not a big deal but just FYI. Really there is nothing to gain by deleting a page file. Except for the physical space. Windows set your page file the same size as your ram for a reason. So suggesting you should delete it if you have 16+ Gb ram and wont need it is inaccurate. You can also recover Data on a BSOD if you have the dump file

"Microsoft says that, when the page file is set to a system-managed size and the computer is configured for automatic memory dumps, “Windows sets the size of the paging file large enough to ensure that a kernel memory dump can be captured most of the time.” As Microsoft points out, crash dumps are an important consideration when deciding what size the page file should be. The page file must be large enough to contain the memory data."

http://www.howtogeek.com/196672/windows-memory-dumps-what-exactly-are-they-for/

Jetster, Jan 27, 2022
  4. MadCow Win User

[urgent] Windows keeps making page file on it's own

Paging File

Windows always bitches if you turn off the paging file for me. Even though I have 2GB of RAM and it only even uses 1.5 at most, even in benchmarks and games it still bitches. I keep 512mb on my non-windows partition just to keep it happy.

But it does add a bit of extra performance.

MadCow, Jan 27, 2022
Thema:

[urgent] Windows keeps making page file on it's own

1. [urgent] Windows keeps making page file on it's own - Similar Threads - urgent keeps making

2. Windows 11 prints page on its own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 prints page on its own: I had problem common to many---after I moved from Windows 10 to 11, a page printed, without direction from me, on computer startup or wake from sleep. Tried all remedies but none worked.Two days ago I moved printer cable to a different USB port and problem seems to be gone....
  3. Windows 11 prints page on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 prints page on its own: I had problem common to many---after I moved from Windows 10 to 11, a page printed, without direction from me, on computer startup or wake from sleep. Tried all remedies but none worked.Two days ago I moved printer cable to a different USB port and problem seems to be gone....
  4. [urgent] Windows keeps making page file on it's own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    [urgent] Windows keeps making page file on it's own: Hi,I recently changed my default Pagefile location from the System Drive C: drive to another drive on my laptop because I was running out of storage.I set the page file on the E: drive, however everytime I reboot, windows just keeps making a "temporary paging file" because of...
  5. [urgent] Windows keeps making page file on it's own

[urgent] Windows keeps making page file on it's own: Hi,I recently changed my default Pagefile location from the System Drive C: drive to another drive on my laptop because I was running out of storage.I set the page file on the E: drive, however everytime I reboot, windows just keeps making a "temporary paging file" because of...
  6. virus keeps making temp files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    virus keeps making temp files: hello! i dont know a lot about computers so please bare with me. i downloaded what im assuming is a virus of some sort. i use malwarebytes for virus protection but it didnt catch it i guess? the virus is playing ads in the background and i can see it in my task manager but...
  7. virus keeps making temp files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    virus keeps making temp files: hello! i dont know a lot about computers so please bare with me. i downloaded what im assuming is a virus of some sort. i use malwarebytes for virus protection but it didnt catch it i guess? the virus is playing ads in the background and i can see it in my task manager but...
  8. virus keeps making temp files

9. Urgent : Best efforts to make Windows 10 better for all

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Urgent : Best efforts to make Windows 10 better for all: Serious issue. I was earlier using my genuine Samsung laptop and lately tried to install the latest version 20H2 update. This is my greatest mistake so happened. My laptop started taking 45 minutes to boot-up for 1 week and later on it got corrupted. Thanks I backed up my...
  10. How to make a multiple page pdf file into 1 page for printing?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to make a multiple page pdf file into 1 page for printing?: I have to print some documents. One of the documents has like 3 pages. I only want to print 1 page. I know you can do this when printing and selecting print only page 3. But i want to make this 3 page document into 1 page only. Thus if i open this file, it only shows that one...