Windows 10: URL access loophole / Issue

Discus and support URL access loophole / Issue in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi I wonder if anybody can help or if they know this is a know issue. Been using Microsoft Family for my kids and noticed there is a flaw in how it... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by shdelair, May 1, 2020.

1. shdelair Win User

URL access loophole / Issue

Hi

I wonder if anybody can help or if they know this is a know issue. Been using Microsoft Family for my kids and noticed there is a flaw in how it may block a certain URL & allows the child to access.

e.g.

Blocked URL

www.youtube.com

Allowed URL - Specific Youtube video URL

www.youtube.com/xyz

Now, as expected when my child browses to www.youtube.com - the default permission request pops up and blocks the URL - All good.

Here comes the flaw;

when you browse the allowed explicit URL to the YouTube video, the YouTube loads as expected however, I can now use the YouTube search box to search for other YouTube videos and although the URL changes the videos are still allowed thus giving the child full access to YouTube even though YouTube is blocked.

Hope this makes sense and hope this can be fixed/corrected or I'm I doing something wrong?

:)

shdelair, May 1, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, May 1, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 1, 2020
  4. URL access loophole / Issue

Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, May 1, 2020
Thema:

URL access loophole / Issue

1. URL access loophole / Issue - Similar Threads - URL access loophole

2. my laptop is stuck in a loophole.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my laptop is stuck in a loophole.: i tried to sign in to my laptop, but it says "your pin is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device.". so i tried to set up my pin, but it says "user profile service failed to sign in." and send me back to lock screen, i tried safe mode,...
  3. windows reset loophole.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows reset loophole.: Im trying to restart my pc, it runs windows 11, im trying to remove everything off my pc because of corrupted files on my pc, for literally weeks i been trying to reset my pc and it gets stuck in a loophole and it brings me to the advanced options page when it completes, can...
  4. windows reset loophole.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows reset loophole.: Im trying to restart my pc, it runs windows 11, im trying to remove everything off my pc because of corrupted files on my pc, for literally weeks i been trying to reset my pc and it gets stuck in a loophole and it brings me to the advanced options page when it completes, can...
  5. Pc in loophole for automatic repairs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc in loophole for automatic repairs: So my pc has been in automatic repair mode for the last 4hrs now. I try doing the startup and trying safe mode it still goes back into the loophole. i tried to co into command prompt but it asks me for a password and when i enter the password it says the password is wrong. i...
  6. Website url issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Website url issue: Some website has url like this01 But my website shows http instead of showing httpsi have set up a ssl using cloudflare so when i visit to my site it shows padlock but in the google search engine it shows http 02 Next i want to know that is there a way to add www. extension...
  7. Bitlocker Key URL not accessible

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker Key URL not accessible: I am trying to get my Bitlocker key through the microsoft page. The URL that is provided for me on my profile, however, is invalid. Are there any ways for me to access that since I didn't save the key beforehand? Are there other URLs?...
  8. Screen limit loophole

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Screen limit loophole: Hello, I use child screen limit for my child's night sleep. However, my child found that the last program running such as chromecast or YouTube or text to sound apps can still continue without screen. So, basically screen is off but CPU is running. Yes, my child sets...
  9. Unable to access a URL copied to a

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Unable to access a URL copied to a: Word 2013.Firefox.Windows 10 home. I have started to get the message “Yours organisation’s policies are preventing us from completing this action for you. Please contact your help desk” when I control click a URL copied to a Word doc.I have the latest edition of Firefox. If I...
  10. URL Access. The requested URL was rejected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    URL Access. The requested URL was rejected: While trying to access MY Account on the Facebook home page I get the following message The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator. Your support ID is: 12399196352592755151 When using the Edge browser. It works fine on inprivate Window (Edge) and...