Windows 10: URL file not opening correctly

Discus and support URL file not opening correctly in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Could someone tell me how to get a .url file to open correctly with a shortcut to chrome.exe instead of just chrome.exe? When I ask for the URL to open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zeke33, Aug 22, 2020.

1. zeke33 Win User

URL file not opening correctly

Could someone tell me how to get a .url file to open correctly with a shortcut to chrome.exe instead of just chrome.exe? When I ask for the URL to open (app chosen is shortcut to chrome) I get this in the pic attached.
    URL file not opening correctly [​IMG]

I need it to open from the shortcut because I added things like this to the shortcut file: --disk-cache-dir="Z:\Temporary Internet Files\Chrome" etc

Unless there is some way to add --disk-cache-dir="R:\Temporary Internet Files\Chrome" to the program itself then I would need for the URL file to open from the shortcut. Any ideas?

:)

zeke33, Aug 22, 2020
  2. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Aug 22, 2020
  3. jaydeee Win User
    PowerPoint file crashes PowerPoint upon opening

since this happens in some of the computers only, suggest that you open the file on working computer and copy everything and paste to a new powerpoint file.
    most of the time it works to me. *Smile URL file not opening correctly :)

jaydeee, Aug 22, 2020
  4. URL file not opening correctly

"open with" and opening of files slow

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Have you made any changes on your computer, prior to this issue?

To fix issues with Word documents opening slowly, I suggest you to attach a different template to the document and check if that helps. Follow the below steps to attach a templates.

Steps:-

1. Open Word application.
    2. Click on File and select Options.
    3. Select Add-Ins from the list.
    4. Under Manage Select Templates and click on
      Go.
    5. In the pop up, type Normal in the Document template.
    6. Click on Ok.

To fix issues with Adobe files opening slowly follow the below troubleshooting steps and check if that helps.

Steps:-

1. Open Adobe application.
    2. Click on Edit.
    3. Select Preferences option.
    4. Tap on General.
    5. Uncheck Enable protected mode at startup.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

URL file not opening correctly

1. URL file not opening correctly - Similar Threads - URL file opening

2. JAR files will not open correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    JAR files will not open correctly: so I'm trying to download JAR files for my game and they download just fine but as soon as I open them it brings me to my files and makes me save it,I save the file and I try to open it but it does the same thing again. it just keeps asking me to save the file. I have looked...
  3. Files not opening correctly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files not opening correctly: I accidentally set my .txt files to open with notepad, now I can't get it to change. I've tried resetting my default app's, when i click Open With -> It only shows Notepad, Word, Paint, and some others, and I don't know how to reset it to the default....
  4. URL shortcut - open with

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    URL shortcut - open with: You can make shortcuts for programs, but a special thing is to make shortcuts to web URL's The thing is, if you right click on these, there's no open to open this URL with this or that browser. I would prefer that you have that option for each separate URL shortcut, but then...
  5. URL file not opening correctly

in Browsers and Email
    URL file not opening correctly: Could someone tell me how to get a .url file to open correctly with a shortcut to chrome.exe instead of just chrome.exe? When I ask for the URL to open (app chosen is shortcut to chrome) I get this in the pic attached. [img] I need it to open from the shortcut because I...
  6. .url files

.url files: so for apps like steam, to open games on the desktop, the file is a .url file. i have the latest version of windows insider build, and it just will not open. how do i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/url-files/c9e99cac-8564-4868-bbe0-3ced22fe6671
  7. Files not opening with correct app

Files not opening with correct app: I have Media Player Classic (MPC-HC) as my default app for opening various video files (MP4, AVI, etc). But it no longer works. When I d-click such a file type in Windows File Explorer, it always opens with the Films & TV app. I've reset it in vain several times by using...
  8. Files not opening with correct app

in Windows 10 Support
    Files not opening with correct app: I have Media Player Classic (MPC-HC) as my default app for opening various video files (MP4, AVI, etc). But it no longer works. When I d-click such a file type in Windows File Explorer, it always opens with the Films & TV app. I've reset it in vain several times by using...
  9. Open eml files correctly

in Browsers and Email
    Open eml files correctly: What’s the best method or software (or app) to open them even when they have attachments? 94273
  10. Firefox url shortcut downloads and opens a file

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox url shortcut downloads and opens a file: I'm running windows 10 pro build 14986. For example, I go to bing.com. I drag and drop the shortcut from Firefox to the desktop. I double click on the shortcut and it opens File:///C:/Users/Username/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/INetCache/IE/OB0L0QRF/HGCFGEDM. I can watch...