Windows 10: ***URL link removed for security reasons*** redirect

Discus and support ***URL link removed for security reasons*** redirect in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have Windows 11 and I use Firefox browser. About a month ago, I started getting redirected to ***URL link removed for security reasons*** when I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DeniseJM, Jun 22, 2022.

1. DeniseJM Win User

***URL link removed for security reasons*** redirect

I have Windows 11 and I use Firefox browser. About a month ago, I started getting redirected to ***URL link removed for security reasons*** when I click on some store links that show up on a Google search such as Etsy, Kohls, etc. I don't get redirected when I use Edge.I went on line and tried a few malware removal programs. The first one I tried was SpyHunter5. It found a couple of things that are shown in the attached picture. SpyHunter5 deleted them but when I restarted my computer, I could connect to Firefox but couldn't go anywhere. None of my bookmarks worked and when I typed

:)

DeniseJM, Jun 22, 2022
  2. Ṣmeed Win User
    Ṣmeed, Jun 22, 2022
  3. simrick Win User
    Google redirection localhost.world

Guys, here is the solution, found in post #49.
    Please perform the steps indicated and advise if that resolves things for you as well.

Many thanks to @moraleja39 for the investigative work!

simrick, Jun 22, 2022
  4. ***URL link removed for security reasons*** redirect

Redirecting website

Hi Pancho,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. Don’t worry. We will assist to resolve this issue.

It can be extremely frustrating if you are trying to visit a Web page but are automatically redirected to another. This tactic is sometimes used to as a way to direct your attention to an advertisement. Other times, a hacker may be trying to install
    spyware or malware on your computer.

It seems that your computer is infected by virus and malware. I would suggest you to run Full Virus Scan using
    Windows Defender.

Turn Windows Security on or off

Also if you are using Internet Explorer, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Open the Internet Explorer browser and click on the "Tools" menu at the top of the page.

Step 2: Click on "Internet Options," then click the "Security" tab. In the "Security Level for this Zone" box, use the slider to set the security to "High." This stops Internet Explorer from using ActiveX, preventing Web
    pages from redirecting you to others. Although this stops the redirecting action, legitimate websites may not load properly, or at all. Some functions on websites become disabled, such as links to other websites, video or PDF files. This method is extreme,
    but it stops redirects while you scan the computer for viruses.

Step 3: Click on "Trusted Sites." Add any websites that you go to frequently and that you trust. These websites will behave as normal, without restrictions.

Step 4: Run anti-spyware or anti-malware software on your computer (see Resources). Redirects are often causes by a virus, which software can find and eliminate. If any viruses are found and deleted, this is likely to
    end the redirects you are experiencing.

Step 5: Go back to the "Internet Options" window, and set the security slider back to its initial position. If the anti-spyware program eliminated the source of the redirects, your browser now behaves normally.

Try the above step and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jun 22, 2022
Thema:

***URL link removed for security reasons*** redirect

1. ***URL link removed for security reasons*** redirect - Similar Threads - ***URL link removed

2. 'msauth links are blocked' - Redirect url fails for Windows AD authentication on mobile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'msauth links are blocked' - Redirect url fails for Windows AD authentication on mobile: We have an app built with Flutter. We use OAuth 2.0 PKCE authorization code flow to authenticate users. There is a backend service built with Identity server to communicate with various federations to authenticate the users.The issue here is that with Windows AD, there is a...
  3. 'msauth links are blocked' - Redirect url fails for Windows AD authentication on mobile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    'msauth links are blocked' - Redirect url fails for Windows AD authentication on mobile: We have an app built with Flutter. We use OAuth 2.0 PKCE authorization code flow to authenticate users. There is a backend service built with Identity server to communicate with various federations to authenticate the users.The issue here is that with Windows AD, there is a...
  4. URL links in Phone Link not clickable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    URL links in Phone Link not clickable: I would like to report that the problem in this post is still there and not yet fixed.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/urls-in-phone-link-no-longer-clickable/620a6130-8e51-4d0c-bdfd-a13d6ba6368dWhen a message has a link as in this photo, nothing happens...
  5. URL links in Phone Link not clickable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    URL links in Phone Link not clickable: I would like to report that the problem in this post is still there and not yet fixed.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/urls-in-phone-link-no-longer-clickable/620a6130-8e51-4d0c-bdfd-a13d6ba6368dWhen a message has a link as in this photo, nothing happens...
  6. Remove Bing Redirect

in Cortana
    Remove Bing Redirect: I HATE Bing. No matter what is set as my default search engine, it redirects to Bing. How do I remove Bing forever from my laptop. My laptop is a Lenova and came with Bing. I prefer Chrome. HELP!!!...
  7. redirected to link "guce............."=CORRUPT LINK!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    redirected to link "guce............."=CORRUPT LINK!: this problem is accure even whit aol.com from time to time,on every browser.but it only a problem on my PC,everyting works on mobil Android and tablet,the problem is starting when OAK Company take over Yahoo,aol and other.for question about thet take direct kontact to OAK and...
  8. URL / Links in emails blocked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    URL / Links in emails blocked: Hi all first post. Probably a daft question, but despite all, im struggling to find an answer. Bought this PC new some months ago and since i believe following an update at some time now any URL or links in emails are blocked from opening. - i dont remember this happening...
  9. EDGE opens a URL and then redirects to a different URL

in Browsers and Email
    EDGE opens a URL and then redirects to a different URL: When I put in Anadarko High School Class Of 1959, Anadarko, OK the page opens for a second and then is redirected to Welcome. This does not happen in Firefox, it opens the anadarko59 site and stays there. As far as I know, the anadarko59 URL is the only one this happens to...
  10. Event Log Online Help URL Redirect

in Windows 10 Support
    Event Log Online Help URL Redirect: Is there a good working redirect for this that works? 57113