Windows 10: URL shortcut icons appear too small

Discus and support URL shortcut icons appear too small in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a bunch of shortcuts for games that I want to display as "very large". The problem is that they display too small. Some of them do this, but not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MichaelCullen4, May 18, 2022.

1. URL shortcut icons appear too small

I have a bunch of shortcuts for games that I want to display as "very large". The problem is that they display too small. Some of them do this, but not all of them. It's quite strange. The only shortcut that I didn't replace with a custom icon is Loop Hero, although that doesn't seem to have made a difference. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

MichaelCullen4, May 18, 2022

2. Shortcut icons appear very small at random

I have put shortcuts to all of my games into one folder for easy access. Despite the fact that all of the shortcuts have large icons that can display at any size, some of them are displayed very small.

The odd part is, which ones display as small seems to be random. If I restart the computer, some of the previously small ones will now be the correct size, and vice versa.

At first, I thought it was a problem with my custom icons (Some older games have small icons, which I have replaced); but it also happens to DOOM and Fallout 4 which have their original icons.

What causes this?

URL shortcut icons appear too small [​IMG]

MisterCerberus, May 18, 2022
  3. Icons for app shortcuts are small

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons on your PC, as they are looking too small. For further clarity, please respond to the questions below:

1. Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently?
    2. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?
    3. How did you create the shortcuts of the applications on the desktop?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to try updating the display drivers and check if that helps. Refer the article

Update drivers in Windows 10
    . You can also try updating the drivers by downloading them from the manufacturer website.

If the above method doesn’t work, please try the next method.

Method 2:

Try rebuilding the icon cache and check if that helps. Follow the steps mentioned below to clear icon cache.

1. Press Windows + E key on the keyboard to open
      File Explorer.
    2. Now click on View tab and
      check the box
      next to Hidden items.
    3. Navigate to the location: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local

Note:
      Where UserName is the user account name which you are logged into.
    4. Locate IconCache.db file and right click on it.
    5. Now click on Delete and click on
      Yes
    6. Restart the PC.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 18, 2022
  4. URL shortcut icons appear too small

Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 18, 2022
Thema:

URL shortcut icons appear too small

1. URL shortcut icons appear too small - Similar Threads - URL shortcut icons

2. URL shortcut icons appear too small

in Windows 10 Gaming
    URL shortcut icons appear too small: I have a bunch of shortcuts for games that I want to display as "very large". The problem is that they display too small. Some of them do this, but not all of them. It's quite strange. The only shortcut that I didn't replace with a custom icon is Loop Hero, although that...
  3. URL shortcut icons appear too small

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    URL shortcut icons appear too small: I have a bunch of shortcuts for games that I want to display as "very large". The problem is that they display too small. Some of them do this, but not all of them. It's quite strange. The only shortcut that I didn't replace with a custom icon is Loop Hero, although that...
  4. Desktop icon images too small

Desktop icon images too small: The icons on my desktop have been normal for a week, but suddenly one of them has gone smaller.I am not using any third party software other than Wallpaper Engine. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks in advance....
  5. Desktop icon images too small

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icon images too small: The icons on my desktop have been normal for a week, but suddenly one of them has gone smaller.I am not using any third party software other than Wallpaper Engine. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks in advance....
  6. Taskbar icons too small

Taskbar icons too small: Hi !! I recently had to change my laptop size to 100% because the software I'm using for work can't support my screen scaling, I have the 1920 x 1080 resolution because it's the clearest, but the issue here is my taskbar apps are tiny. I want to know if there's a solution to...
  7. Icon Images too small

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Icon Images too small: [ATTACH] My icons recently became much too small. I am at 125% zoom but before they scaled correctly. Its only system things too (only happening to spotify, nahmic, xbox, etc.) Sorry if this is a common issue....
  8. Desktop shortcuts to modern apps too small

Desktop shortcuts to modern apps too small: Does anyone create shortcuts on the desktop to any of the modern store apps? I know how to do it. Run ... Shell:appsFolder and then right click drag onto desktop to create the shortcut. I had a few of these setup for things like Amazon Prime and Xbox app. All looking good....
  9. Icons for app shortcuts are small

Icons for app shortcuts are small: [ATTACH] So, this has happened with my apps, it happened a couple months ago, i've looked up and watched way too many youtube videos of people trying to fix everything but this problem. If you know how to revert it back to normal, please help a girl out:) thanks!...
  10. Shortcut icons appear very small at random

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut icons appear very small at random: I have put shortcuts to all of my games into one folder for easy access. Despite the fact that all of the shortcuts have large icons that can display at any size, some of them are displayed very small. The odd part is, which ones display as small seems to be random. If I...