Windows 10: URL shortcut - open with

Discus and support URL shortcut - open with in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; You can make shortcuts for programs, but a special thing is to make shortcuts to web URL's The thing is, if you right click on these, there's no open... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by MMMonzaSoxedo, Sep 7, 2020.

1. URL shortcut - open with

You can make shortcuts for programs, but a special thing is to make shortcuts to web URL's
    The thing is, if you right click on these, there's no open to open this URL with this or that browser. I would prefer that you have that option for each separate URL shortcut, but then it turns out that it isn't even easy to open ANY of those shortcut with another browser other than "some browser".

Question here is: what is the easiest way to switch that, meaning to open a given URL shortcut with another browser than which it opens with if you click on it ?

:)

MMMonzaSoxedo, Sep 7, 2020

2. How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 7, 2020
  3. terrace Win User
    Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.URL shortcut - open with :)

terrace, Sep 7, 2020
  4. URL shortcut - open with

Create desktop shortcuts to websites with Edge

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open a webpage in Microsoft Edge.
    • Click the three dots at top right corner.
    • Choose Open with Internet Explorer.
    • Right Click and click on create shortcut.
    • The shortcut shall open in Microsoft Edge, if it is your default browser.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Sep 7, 2020
Thema:

URL shortcut - open with

1. URL shortcut - open with - Similar Threads - URL shortcut open

2. Desktop URL Shortcuts Open as separate window ..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop URL Shortcuts Open as separate window ..: I prefer some of my desktop short cuts for browser URLs to open as separate windows to provide more of seperate APP feel vs a new browser TAB. I'm using Google Chrome Version 111.0.5563.147 Official Build 64-bit to accomplish that , creating short cuts and checking the box to...
  3. Desktop URL Shortcuts Open as separate window ..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop URL Shortcuts Open as separate window ..: I prefer some of my desktop short cuts for browser URLs to open as separate windows to provide more of seperate APP feel vs a new browser TAB. I'm using Google Chrome Version 111.0.5563.147 Official Build 64-bit to accomplish that , creating short cuts and checking the box to...
  4. Open saved URL shortcuts in Chrome with parameters

in Browsers and Email
    Open saved URL shortcuts in Chrome with parameters: On the latest version of Edge, I can enable the Extensions Toolbar Menu by adding "--enable-features=ExtensionsToolbarMenu" parameter to the shortcut target pinned to the start menu and to the taskbar. However, when launching Edge from saved URLs (both internetshortcut and...
  5. Prevent "Do you want to open this file?" for Desktop Shortcut URL's

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Prevent "Do you want to open this file?" for Desktop Shortcut URL's: Hi all - Have this strange problem. Take a peek - just an example of the error not the application type: [img] This occurs with all desktop shortcuts to URL's after I reset my Default Apps in PC Settings. Checked and made temporary changes to UAC, Smart Screen, Group...
  6. URL shortcut - open with

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    URL shortcut - open with: You can make shortcuts for programs, but a special thing is to make shortcuts to web URL's The thing is, if you right click on these, there's no open to open this URL with this or that browser. I would prefer that you have that option for each separate URL shortcut, but then...
  7. URL shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
    URL shortcut: How do you create a desktop shortcut to a URL? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/url-shortcut/69caf9fd-eb33-4320-8bd4-10f73cb13790
  8. shortcut to URL misbehaves

in Windows 10 Customization
    shortcut to URL misbehaves: When I drag the lock icon from a browser address-bar (opened to a URL) to the desktop, a shortcut to that webpage is supposed to form, but when I click that 'shortcut', it is NOT a browser that opens, but a print (queue ?) window. That same response of inappropriately...
  9. Open URL from Desktop Shortcut in Fullscreen for Microsoft Edge ?

in Browsers and Email
    Open URL from Desktop Shortcut in Fullscreen for Microsoft Edge ?: ....... I would like to add a Microsoft Edge desktop shortcut to an url and open in fullscreen (not just maximized). Can someone please tell me how to configure the shortcut ...?... 87651
  10. Firefox url shortcut downloads and opens a file

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox url shortcut downloads and opens a file: I'm running windows 10 pro build 14986. For example, I go to bing.com. I drag and drop the shortcut from Firefox to the desktop. I double click on the shortcut and it opens File:///C:/Users/Username/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/INetCache/IE/OB0L0QRF/HGCFGEDM. I can watch...