Windows 10: Urlmon.dll error, file explorer blank, updates won't work

Discus and support Urlmon.dll error, file explorer blank, updates won't work in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I was playing Minecraft, and I tried to open the shaders folder. The file explorer didn't open at all, but explorer.exe would crash for a split... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MineProguy, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Urlmon.dll error, file explorer blank, updates won't work

So I was playing Minecraft, and I tried to open the shaders folder. The file explorer didn't open at all, but explorer.exe would crash for a split second and go back to normal. I restarted my computer, and immediately received the "urlmon.dll is eithernot designed to run on Windows or it contains an error" error. I wanted to download a new urlmon.dll file to replace it but I wouldn't be able to put it in my system32 folder because every time I open file explorer or control panel, it will show the top bar but no options, and the rest of the window is a blank white screen. The "sfc /scannow" commands do not work, and neither do any of the dism commands. I've tried removing recent updates and updating to the latest update. Everything just says that either a file is corrupt and unreadable or that the update files are corrupted. This happens for every user on the PC. I also tried deleting the x64 and x86 Microsoft C++ 2015-2019 redistributables so I could redownload the latest one, but the uninstall process never even went past "process: initializing..." for hours. I even tried resetting my PC, where it stayed on "Resetting this PC 1%" for hours as well. Please help! I use Windows 10 by the way.

:)

MineProguy, Nov 24, 2020
  2. ShiBDiB Win User

D3dx9_30.dll Not Found error in Ashes Cricket 2009

Important Note: Do not, under any circumstances, download the d3dx9_30.dll DLL file individually from any "DLL download site." There are a number of different reasons that downloading DLLs from these sites are never a good idea.

ShiBDiB, Nov 24, 2020
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Ok...

After update my Windows 10 to 17063.1000 build, skype won´t work...

It open, but if I Start my conversasion with camera, file share or screen share, it crash...

If I try to uninstall anda install again, I give an error...

Any workaround to solve this issue??

*Mad*Mad*Mad*Mad

4. Urlmon.dll error, file explorer blank, updates won't work

Windows 10 DLL Files

I already done that both didn't find any errors, also when i do Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth it does not work just sit there with blank screen, tried waiting but nothing is happening (idk whether it should happen i saw some pictures there should
    be something when i run command...) I tried to install some dll files manually some with dll files fixer but all of programs got error 0xc000007b, then i tried deleting some dll's and then some programs were working but the others were now requesting thoose
    files.

UPDATE: Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth now works but it didn't fix all the problems some programs still request dll files or show error 0xc000007b. Ok Dism /online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth partially helped i installed some manually and all
    of programs work well except Epic Games Launcher(Unrela Engine 4) which i didn't made to fix, thanks for your help! Urlmon.dll error, file explorer blank, updates won't work :)

NikolaFilic, Nov 24, 2020
Thema:

Urlmon.dll error, file explorer blank, updates won't work

1. Urlmon.dll error, file explorer blank, updates won't work - Similar Threads - Urlmon dll error

2. File explorer is completely blank

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer is completely blank: Every section of my file explorer is now completely blank. I can still access all my files but I can't see any of them. I haven't downloaded anything recently. My windows version number is build 19041.1052. Thanks 182496
  3. file explorer got blank

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    file explorer got blank: I just installed the sound changer for windows and then this happened I don't know why please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/file-explorer-got-blank/a4da69d8-b572-414f-b391-1ff666c8b5c6
  4. File Explorer is Blank????

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer is Blank????: The problem is that everything is blank. When I try to open it to upload a picture in places like discord or here, it works fine, but when I open File Explorer on its own it has this issue. I've tried to go to the "view" menu and reset defaults, I've tried a command prompt...
  5. Files won't show. File explorer blank

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files won't show. File explorer blank: I've been working on my computer all day. Just an hour or two ago it started slowing down. I made sure every thing was okay in my task manager and then I scanned for viruses, but nothing turned up. I've repeated those things several times, and i still lag/won't see any files...
  6. WINDOWS ERROR IN UPDATE AND DLL FILES

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WINDOWS ERROR IN UPDATE AND DLL FILES: If you observe the picture carefully you can see that, there is no WINDOWS UPDATE SERVICE and even inREGISTRY EDITOR there is no WINDOWS UPDATE FILE. How can i fix these please? i can't update my computer. And also there is an error on START-UP CHECK LIBRARY.dll every time...
  7. File Explorer won't work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer won't work: My File Explorer won't work. I open the file explorer one or more windows. I take something from it excel, pdf and after a while, it doesn't freeze, and it happened to me on three windows and I can't close it until the Task manager is gone. I recently updated Windows to...
  8. File explorer won't work !

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File explorer won't work !: I did latest update few days ago.But every day at work when I start my computer my search in File explorer wont work.Its just drop dead!It needs to restart, and then start working.I tried every single thing that U coild imagine.From going to services,msc-->Windows search,...
  9. .dll file error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    .dll file error: i could not find cudart.dll error pls check and reply urgent https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dll-file-error/6bf7e100-cd26-4bff-96ac-7f751863e2db"
  10. File Explorer Icons blank

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Icons blank: After reinstalling Windows 10 my Word and data file icons were blank. I found in C:\windows\SHELLNEWthat the WINWORD8.DOC icon was blank so I changed it to the correct icon and itfixed my problems! See image: 90226