Windows 10: (US) English keeps reinstalling by itself.

Discus and support (US) English keeps reinstalling by itself. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm having issues permanently removing US English from my computer. I live in Canada and only want to use the Canadian English option, but no matter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Yamcha67, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Yamcha67 Win User

(US) English keeps reinstalling by itself.

I'm having issues permanently removing US English from my computer. I live in Canada and only want to use the Canadian English option, but no matter what I do US English returns. It's mostly the 'ENG' taskbar icon that I find annoying. Is there a way to remove the icon or US English?

(US) English keeps reinstalling by itself. [​IMG]

:)

Yamcha67, Nov 14, 2019

2. English US keeps appearing as an input language occasionally.

Hi Mosher,

I understand the inconvenience caused.

From the issue description, it looks like you have English Input downloaded and installed in the system. I suggest you to follow the steps below to remove the English input language and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows key + R.

2. Type control and press enter to open the control panel.

3. Type language in the control panel search box and open it.

4. If English is listed, double click on it and click "remove" under "input method".

Let us know the result, we will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Nov 14, 2019
  3. viki2000 Win User
    Win10 – Language change Arabic to English

I just bought a 2nd hand laptop by occasion and it has only one problem: the Windows 10 was installed in Arabic language and I need it in English. I do not read/speak Arabic language.
    I looked over many YouTube videos in Arabic and English language about how to change the language in Win10. Unfortunately my screens that I see in Arabic language do not match the screens seen in Arabic on YouTube videos/tutorials, so I cannot do a blind click-click and by chance to change it into English.
    I can make print screens and then put them in USB stick and upload them here on EE from another PC – that I figure it out.
    I do not want to reinstall Win10 from scratch, but of course that is the last option.
    Below are the first steps which leaded me to, I hope, Language and Regional Settings in Win10, but where to click further and what to choose?
    I really need your guidance in step by step with pictures where shall I click in order to install the English language.
    A tutorial in English does not help. I need a tutorial (step by step) in Arabic with pictures.

viki2000, Nov 14, 2019
  4. (US) English keeps reinstalling by itself.

Unable to set default language to English

Hi,

Thanks you for posting your reply and update.

Apologies for the delayed response.

The information provided by you is not enough for us to understand the issue. Please provide us with the below details for better clarity.

• Did you try to add English using the steps suggested by Wungraileng Vashi
      on November 1, 2015?
    • Do you get any error message when you try to add English as your default language?

Please get back to us with the above details so that we can assist you further.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

(US) English keeps reinstalling by itself.

1. (US) English keeps reinstalling by itself. - Similar Threads - English keeps reinstalling

2. roblox keeps reinstalls itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    roblox keeps reinstalls itself: but roblox reinstalls itself everytime i join on a diff account between different one before joining a game, roblox will reinstall. It'll say "Installing Roblox" with a bar, even thought i already have the game installed, obviously because I was just in a game on a different...
  3. roblox keeps reinstalls itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    roblox keeps reinstalls itself: but roblox reinstalls itself everytime i join on a diff account between different one before joining a game, roblox will reinstall. It'll say "Installing Roblox" with a bar, even thought i already have the game installed, obviously because I was just in a game on a different...
  4. roblox keeps reinstalls itself

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. why after setting languages to UK english does it keep changing to US english?

why after setting languages to UK english does it keep changing to US english?: even after changing to UK english and making sure its set to default to UK in all settings it still goes to US https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-after-setting-languages-to-uk-english-does-it/ffdeced5-033e-472f-b89c-4158f4d2924d
  6. English US keyboard keeps adding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    English US keyboard keeps adding: I have had this issue on Windows 10 and now 11. Just a quick question for Microsoft. How hard is it to fix this problem? It's been ages. I think it's pretty easy for a multi-billion company to fix an issue that is the automatically adding keyboard????Basically, the English US...
  7. English US keyboard keeps adding

English US keyboard keeps adding: I have had this issue on Windows 10 and now 11. Just a quick question for Microsoft. How hard is it to fix this problem? It's been ages. I think it's pretty easy for a multi-billion company to fix an issue that is the automatically adding keyboard????Basically, the English US...
  8. Windows10 english us or international ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows10 english us or international ?: Which language of windows10 should i choose us english or international ? 170425
  9. English (US) keyboard keeps adding itself

in Windows 10 Customization
    English (US) keyboard keeps adding itself: About maybe once a week this English (United States) keyboard adds itself and as I don't need it I have to delete it every time. Is there a way to prevent it from appearing? And if it's intended behavior, well, it's really inconvenient. Language of Windows 10 is set to...
  10. US keyboard + UK English

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    US keyboard + UK English: Is it possible to setup Windows so that it recognises that I have an ANSI layout, but that spell checking and such is in British English? 29942