Windows 10: US International keyboard layout AltGr in Windows 10 with no dead keys

Discus and support US International keyboard layout AltGr in Windows 10 with no dead keys in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I use a QWERTY keyboard, in the international variant, in order to have the accentuated letters of the european languages. One Problem of this layout... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by lqlaow, Apr 3, 2019.

1. lqlaow Win User

US International keyboard layout AltGr in Windows 10 with no dead keys

I use a QWERTY keyboard, in the international variant, in order to have the accentuated letters of the european languages. One Problem of this layout is that:
    Xorg: Using the US International (altgr-intl variant) Keyboard Layout | Shinobus Secrets

So I decided to create a layout based on this international version, but without the two dead keys. It is very simple:
    -I installed Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator 1.4 by microsoft
    Download Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator 1.4 from Official Microsoft Download Center
    which gives this:

US International keyboard layout AltGr in Windows 10 with no dead keys [​IMG]

-I remove the option of those 2 red keys to be dead keys and I create the layout by copying the european dead keys to the keys `, ~, ', ".
    One problem is that the key "/' has already a dead key by default, so I moved those to SHIFT+CTRL
    US International keyboard layout AltGr in Windows 10 with no dead keys [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -
    This layout is called
    États-Unis International - AltGr touches mortes
    and is available here
    https://multiup.org/download/1152d04...dbd1/euiatm.7z
    Jheberg
    Download euiatm.7z - MirrorAce
    https://go4up.com/dl/8da4ead51b017b

On my computer, this keyboard did not work with the french language pack, until I installed the language pack for american english.

So I think that in order to use this layout without the american language pack, the layout must be exported for french keyboard. If case this is right, I upload such a variant here
    https://go4up.com/dl/bf2ac2e6c8363c
    Download euiatmfr.7z - MirrorAce
    Jheberg
    https://multiup.org/download/8bb8ddb...7d/euiatmfr.7z

:)

lqlaow, Apr 3, 2019
  2. stadion_ Win User

US International layout - Dead keys not working

It started a few days ago without me doing anything out of ordinary.

I did not change anything in particular.

I have this this issue with Word, Notepad, Chrome, Telegram and virtually every app I use.

The US layout works correctly but i need the US international layout for accents.

I can still make accented characters using the AltGr key combinations (e.g. AltGr + E gives "é") with the US International layout.

stadion_, Apr 3, 2019
  3. stadion_ Win User
    US International layout - Dead keys not working

Hello,

I am currently using the US International keyboard layout but when I try to use the dead keys for accents, I get this ''e instead of é or ''c instead of ç (two times the character of the dead keys right after I press the key).

stadion_, Apr 3, 2019
  4. US International keyboard layout AltGr in Windows 10 with no dead keys

On-Screen Keyboard missing AltGr (Displays two Alt keys instead)

Hi there,

Your keyboard 'language' is set to US.

If you add another 'English' keyboard, say UK, then when you use this new US English UK keyboard, the AltGR key is back...

Now there are some other 'features' using an International English keyboard but it does get you the AltGr key back on the onscreen keyboard.

Kevin.

KevinODonovan, Apr 3, 2019
Thema:

US International keyboard layout AltGr in Windows 10 with no dead keys

1. US International keyboard layout AltGr in Windows 10 with no dead keys - Similar Threads - International keyboard layout

2. Us-International Keyboard Dead-Keys behave different all over windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Us-International Keyboard Dead-Keys behave different all over windows.: Hi,I've got a problem with my Windows Us-International Keyboard layout.Normally you press the dead-key " ' " followed up by an "o" to get a "ö".When I press the dead key in Google Chrome I get two quotationmarks with one press: ""This is normally when I press the dead-key on...
  3. Us-International Keyboard Dead-Keys behave different all over windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Us-International Keyboard Dead-Keys behave different all over windows.: Hi,I've got a problem with my Windows Us-International Keyboard layout.Normally you press the dead-key " ' " followed up by an "o" to get a "ö".When I press the dead key in Google Chrome I get two quotationmarks with one press: ""This is normally when I press the dead-key on...
  4. us-international keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    us-international keyboard: When I had to re-install Windows 10 because of problems with the Windows 11 upgrade involving my Realtek audio drivers, I find that I can no longer install the US-International keyboard which I have used for several years in Windows 10 for typing in Spanish. Why was it...
  5. us-international keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    us-international keyboard: When I had to re-install Windows 10 because of problems with the Windows 11 upgrade involving my Realtek audio drivers, I find that I can no longer install the US-International keyboard which I have used for several years in Windows 10 for typing in Spanish. Why was it...
  6. us-international keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows10 Dead Keys not working properly (AltGr Keyboard)

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows10 Dead Keys not working properly (AltGr Keyboard): Hello there, I just found out that the dead keys on some of our computers do not work properly. Via osk the input does not work as well. I compared the settings with another one that is working just fine and tried it the same way. By typing + e I still get "e" instead of...
  8. Windows10 Dead Keys not working properly (AltGr Keyboard)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows10 Dead Keys not working properly (AltGr Keyboard): Hello there, I just found out that the dead keys on one of our computers do not work properly. Via osk the input does not work as well. I compared the settings with another one that is working just fine and tried it the same way. By typing ´ + e I still get "´e" instead of...
  9. How to make the US-International Keyboard layout the default?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to make the US-International Keyboard layout the default?: I use both the "US QWERTY" and the "United Statates-International QWERTY" keyboard layouts. As they are both under the same language option (English (United States)), I don't see a way to make the international layout the default. Whenever I select the international layout...
  10. US International Keyboard layout stopped working " ~ ' ` etc...

in Windows 10 Support
    US International Keyboard layout stopped working " ~ ' ` etc...: Hi, A week ago all of a sudden my Windows 10 version 1903 Build 18362.720 keyboard layout for US International stopped working. Eurosign and diacritical characters like in combos "a ~n ,c 'e, `e come in front of the relevant character, not on top of it or under it. How come?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. us international keyboard windows 10

2. win 10 keyboard international qwerty altgr dead keys

3. alt gr on eng layout

4. key combinations international keyboard windows 10,
  5. windows 10 qwerty international altgr dead key,
  6. keybord international with dead keys,
  7. clavier english international altgr windows,
  8. windows us international keyboard with dead keys,
  9. windows 10 how enable international keyboard with dead keys,
  10. windows 10 us keyboard altgr