Windows 10: US international keyboard not working properly

Discus and support US international keyboard not working properly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After the latest WIndows 10 update my US international keyboard is not working properly. I have used it for a couple of years with no problem, using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DanielLindahl, Sep 1, 2019.

1. US international keyboard not working properly

After the latest WIndows 10 update my US international keyboard is not working properly. I have used it for a couple of years with no problem, using the right Alt key in combination with other characters to type certain European letters that are not on my standard keyboard. This no longer works smoothly. Now, if I use that key combination in the middle of a word nothing happens. I have to go back into the word when I notice the letter missing, and do it again, then it works. This is very frustrating.

:)

DanielLindahl, Sep 1, 2019

2. HP 15-r029wm Notebook PC windows 10 keyboard not working properly

Hi,

I realize that the keyboard is not working properly. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Sep 1, 2019
  3. Keyboard not working properly

Hi Yvan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand you are facing difficulties as your keyboard is not working properly. I will assist you with this issue.

First of all, I would suggest you to install all the latest updates released by Microsoft from Windows Updates and check if that helps or not. And to update your drivers, please follow the steps and let us know if it helps fixing the issue or not:

Open Device Manager by pressing Windows key + X, click on
    Control Panel; select System and Maintenance.

• Click on Device Manager.
    • In Device Manager, locate Keyboard and double-click to check if it’s working properly.
    • Go to Driver tab, then click on Update Driver. And follow the instructions.

Let us know if this fixes your issue or not, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sagnik_Chakraborty, Sep 1, 2019
  4. US international keyboard not working properly

keyboard not working properly

You need to take the usual trouble-shooting steps, i.e.

• Test the problem keyboard on a different PC.
    • Try a different keyboard on your PC.

Frederik Long, Sep 1, 2019
Thema:

US international keyboard not working properly

1. US international keyboard not working properly - Similar Threads - international keyboard working

2. us-international keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    us-international keyboard: When I had to re-install Windows 10 because of problems with the Windows 11 upgrade involving my Realtek audio drivers, I find that I can no longer install the US-International keyboard which I have used for several years in Windows 10 for typing in Spanish. Why was it...
  3. us-international keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    us-international keyboard: When I had to re-install Windows 10 because of problems with the Windows 11 upgrade involving my Realtek audio drivers, I find that I can no longer install the US-International keyboard which I have used for several years in Windows 10 for typing in Spanish. Why was it...
  4. us-international keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. US-International Keyboard not allowing ^ and ~

US-International Keyboard not allowing ^ and ~: I recently got a new computer and installed the US-International keyboard. All the accent keys work except for the tilde and carat. I'm not sure what the problem is because they work fine on my other computer. Both have Windows 10. I know I can type ñ and Ñ by using...
  6. US International Keyboard option

US International Keyboard option: I am very frustrated with Microsoft removing the US International Keyboard as an option. Does anyone know if they plan on fixing this ridiculous issue? I just don't understand why the company would want to decrease its appeal and usefulness to its users. What...
  7. US-International keyboard QWERTY

US-International keyboard QWERTY: I am in the process of setting up a new laptop. On my old one, I have the US-International keyboard installed, which makes it easy for me to type in French and other foreign languages. I am unable to find the setup as described in various responses in the message boards - I...
  8. US International Keyboard layout stopped working " ~ ' ` etc...

in Windows 10 Support
    US International Keyboard layout stopped working " ~ ' ` etc...: Hi, A week ago all of a sudden my Windows 10 version 1903 Build 18362.720 keyboard layout for US International stopped working. Eurosign and diacritical characters like in combos "a ~n ,c 'e, `e come in front of the relevant character, not on top of it or under it. How come?...
  9. US International Keyboard - How to not capitalize?

US International Keyboard - How to not capitalize?: I'm trying to learn how to use the US International Keyboard so that I can type accepts when writing in French. So far, everything is working correctly except that I can't figure out how to type some characters without capitalization. For example, if I want to type an "e"...
  10. Problem with US Internation Keyboard Accent

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with US Internation Keyboard Accent: I use a keyboard with a US international layout, but one day all modifier stopped working as they are supposed to. When I press the accent key it writes this `` so the è isn't `e but ```e, I have to press the accent 2 time and then delete the 2 accents before this with all...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. international keyboard not working