Windows 10: US International Keyboard option

Discus and support US International Keyboard option in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am very frustrated with Microsoft removing the US International Keyboard as an option. Does anyone know if they plan on fixing this ridiculous issue?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BrianThorbrogger, Jan 18, 2021.

1. US International Keyboard option

I am very frustrated with Microsoft removing the US International Keyboard as an option. Does anyone know if they plan on fixing this ridiculous issue?

I just don't understand why the company would want to decrease its appeal and usefulness to its users. What happened????????

:)

BrianThorbrogger, Jan 18, 2021

2. International keyboard in Windows 10

Hi Tanya,

There are a few steps in order to enable the International Keyboard in Windows 10: Here's how:

• Click Start.
    • Type Settings and hit Enter.
    • Click Time & Language.
    • Click Region & language on the left side of the screen.
    • Under Languages, click the current language that you are using, and click
      Options.
    • Click Add a keyboard on the left side of the screen.
    • Scroll down to your preferred keyboard language.

Let us know if you need further help.

Darian Tab, Jan 18, 2021
  3. US International Keyboard for Windows 10

Hello,

There is a way to enable the US International Keyboard. You have to go to Settings > Time and Language > Region and Language. Under Languages, if you click English, there should be a button that says "options." If you click on that, it should show you a
    list of keyboards in English. If you click "Add a keyboard," a menu should appear with a list of keyboards. "United States - International" should be one of them.

The keyboard works differently from before. If you are using the US International Keyboard for Windows 10, to get é, all you have to do is press ' + e, one after the other, and the character should appear. There is a list of how to get characters on this
    keyboard: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ates-international-keyboard-layout-in-windows,
    under "Creating International Characters." I know it says that Windows 10 is not listed as one of the softwares that run this keyboard, but it works on mine, and I have Windows 10.

Hope this helps!

WavesA2021, Jan 18, 2021
  4. US International Keyboard option

Disabling laptop keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per the description. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you follow the steps below and check if that helps:

• Press Windows + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.
    • Find Keyboards in the list of devices and click the arrow to expand it.
    • Right-click on the internal keyboard and click Disable. If there is no Disable option listed, click
      Uninstall.
    • Click File>Exit. Your laptop’s internal keyboard should now be disabled.
    Note: If you had to choose Uninstall instead of Disable in step 4, the keyboard will be automatically detected and re-installed if you ever have the Device Manager scan for new hardware for some reason. If that happens you’ll need to repeat this procedure
    in order to uninstall it again.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

US International Keyboard option

1. US International Keyboard option - Similar Threads - International Keyboard option

2. us-international keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    us-international keyboard: When I had to re-install Windows 10 because of problems with the Windows 11 upgrade involving my Realtek audio drivers, I find that I can no longer install the US-International keyboard which I have used for several years in Windows 10 for typing in Spanish. Why was it...
  3. us-international keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    us-international keyboard: When I had to re-install Windows 10 because of problems with the Windows 11 upgrade involving my Realtek audio drivers, I find that I can no longer install the US-International keyboard which I have used for several years in Windows 10 for typing in Spanish. Why was it...
  4. us-international keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. US-International Keyboard not allowing ^ and ~

US-International Keyboard not allowing ^ and ~: I recently got a new computer and installed the US-International keyboard. All the accent keys work except for the tilde and carat. I'm not sure what the problem is because they work fine on my other computer. Both have Windows 10. I know I can type ñ and Ñ by using...
  6. US-International keyboard QWERTY

US-International keyboard QWERTY: I am in the process of setting up a new laptop. On my old one, I have the US-International keyboard installed, which makes it easy for me to type in French and other foreign languages. I am unable to find the setup as described in various responses in the message boards - I...
  7. US international keyboard not working properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    US international keyboard not working properly: After the latest WIndows 10 update my US international keyboard is not working properly. I have used it for a couple of years with no problem, using the right Alt key in combination with other characters to type certain European letters that are not on my standard keyboard....
  8. US International Keyboard - How to not capitalize?

US International Keyboard - How to not capitalize?: I'm trying to learn how to use the US International Keyboard so that I can type accepts when writing in French. So far, everything is working correctly except that I can't figure out how to type some characters without capitalization. For example, if I want to type an "e"...
  9. Problem with US Internation Keyboard Accent

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with US Internation Keyboard Accent: I use a keyboard with a US international layout, but one day all modifier stopped working as they are supposed to. When I press the accent key it writes this `` so the è isn't `e but ```e, I have to press the accent 2 time and then delete the 2 accents before this with all...
  10. Cannot change keyboard for English from US to US International

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot change keyboard for English from US to US International: Hello, I am new in W10. Still busy installing and familiarizing... Installed my TWO main languages: English/US and DUTCH (my native language) Installed the US INTERNATIONAL keyboard for both languages. It worked... But... Today I noticed that my ENGLISH US has the default...