Windows 10: US keyboard added randomly

Discus and support US keyboard added randomly in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I am running a setup of dual-language on my Windows 10 machine. I got "US English" and "Native" language added, and only "Native keyboard" on both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MyPublicName, Oct 15, 2018.

1. US keyboard added randomly

Hi, I am running a setup of dual-language on my Windows 10 machine.

I got "US English" and "Native" language added, and only "Native keyboard" on both these languages.

At random intervals Windows adds US Keyboard to my setup.

The US keyboard is not listed in the Language preferences, and the only way to remove US keyboard is as following

Go to "Language preferences" -> "Options" on US language -> Add "US keyboard" -> "Remove" US keyboard.

Anyone got an idea how I can make Windows stop doing this?

I have had this problem for two years or so, and support have not been able to solve it (usual run system scan "SFC" etc)

I have reinstalled Windows a couple of times, and it happens on both my computers.

Problem is that it happens at random times so I have not been able to determine what causes it.

Is there a way to block "US keyboard" from being added?

:)

MyPublicName, Oct 15, 2018
  2. Xylee Del Win User

The extra keyboard layout keep adding to my language bar (with Pics)

Hi Panupong,

The updated Windows 10 may have detected your language, the reason why it automatically gave you the other Thai US keyboard. To correct this issue, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on the Start Menu, type in region and language settings and select it.
    • Under Languages, select Thai Kedmanee keyboard and click Remove.
    • Lastly, add it back by clicking Add a language.

After these steps, your keyboard layout will permanently stay with Thai Kedmanee keyboard.

Let us know if the steps above resolved your issue.

Xylee Del, Oct 15, 2018
  3. D3LL Win User
    How to prevent Windows from automatically adding regular US keyboard

These steps should probably help you. Be sure that its not set as default when trying to delete.

4. US keyboard added randomly

Randomly switching to unwanted keyboard layout

When I type in French I use the Canadian Multilingual Standard layout. This is what I have configured in my settings and it is what worked fine for me for years until a week or two ago (which suggests the April update may have had something to do with it).

Now when I switch to French I find that I am often in another layout which I believe to be the Canadian French layout, although I am not completely sure. It is similar to the Canadian multilingual with the most notable difference being that the è and the / are swapped round. I have never chosen the Canadian French keyboard in my preferences and it isn't listed there now. Canadian Multilingual is what is listed.

What's even more annoying is that the layout seems to switch randomly between Canadian Multilingual and Canadian French while I am typing, so I am never really sure what is going to happen when I try to type an è.

How can I get my keyboard to consistently be Canadian Multilingual when I am typing in French?

ricecrispies, Oct 15, 2018
Thema:

US keyboard added randomly

1. US keyboard added randomly - Similar Threads - keyboard added randomly

2. English US keyboard keeps adding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    English US keyboard keeps adding: I have had this issue on Windows 10 and now 11. Just a quick question for Microsoft. How hard is it to fix this problem? It's been ages. I think it's pretty easy for a multi-billion company to fix an issue that is the automatically adding keyboard????Basically, the English US...
  3. English US keyboard keeps adding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    English US keyboard keeps adding: I have had this issue on Windows 10 and now 11. Just a quick question for Microsoft. How hard is it to fix this problem? It's been ages. I think it's pretty easy for a multi-billion company to fix an issue that is the automatically adding keyboard????Basically, the English US...
  4. windows keeps automatically adding EN-US keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows keeps automatically adding EN-US keyboard layout: For some reason, Windows seems to regularly check to see if I'm using the EN-US keyboard layout, and adds it if I'm not. Normally, I use a variety of other layouts. This ends up adding another entry to my already long list of layouts to cycle through. It appears without an...
  5. Keyboard layout switching keeps adding US English to the list

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard layout switching keeps adding US English to the list: Okay I live in the UK but I use a German-Russian bilingual keyboard because I do. I have it all set to United Kingdom and then in the preferred languages I have it on German and Russian only because you can write in English perfectly fine with the German layout. Problem is...
  6. English US keyboard added automatically, can't remove it!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    English US keyboard added automatically, can't remove it!: I regularly use spanish, arabic and japanese keyboard. And been using them for a long time. After the last windows update the US keyboard appeared out of nowhere and it is not listed on my keyboards installed, but when I press win+space to change keyboards it appears there...
  7. English (US) keyboard keeps adding itself

English (US) keyboard keeps adding itself: About maybe once a week this English (United States) keyboard adds itself and as I don't need it I have to delete it every time. Is there a way to prevent it from appearing? And if it's intended behavior, well, it's really inconvenient. Language of Windows 10 is set to...
  8. How to prevent Windows 10 from automatically adding keyboard layouts US Keyboard

How to prevent Windows 10 from automatically adding keyboard layouts US Keyboard: So every time i Remove the US Keyboard layouts windows 10 adds it again even if i remove it and restart the damn think comes back and i cant change to the keyboard layout i want my windows 10 wont let me. So please help me i want English UK With swedish keyboard layout i dont...
  9. New keyboard input method randomly added

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    New keyboard input method randomly added: Hello, for many many years I use two keyboard layouts on all my PC's. CES - Czech Qertz layout for texts in Czech language, and ENG - Czech keyboard layout for programmers for writing code. I routinely switch between these two by Alt+Right SHIFT. Now in random intervals...
  10. Random US keyboard input appears

in Windows 10 Support
    Random US keyboard input appears: Hello everyone, lately I have a really weird bug. Windows 10 randomly adds US English to my keyboard inputs. But when I go into the language input menu, US english is not there. The screenshot below will show you exactly what I mean, and this is really annoying, cause I am...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. english (united states) us keyboard randomly installed itself

2. us keyboard added