Windows 10: US keyboard + UK English

Discus and support US keyboard + UK English in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Is it possible to setup Windows so that it recognises that I have an ANSI layout, but that spell checking and such is in British English? 29942 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Supra, Nov 14, 2015.

1. Supra Win User

US keyboard + UK English

Is it possible to setup Windows so that it recognises that I have an ANSI layout, but that spell checking and such is in British English?

:)

Supra, Nov 14, 2015
  2. AsawinWu Win User

Deleted language (keyboard) keep appearing after restart?

Hello,

I installed Windows 10 with setting English (UK) laguage as default. Later, I added English (US) and removed English (UK). The language then showed only one English (US). That is fine, however, everytime I restart English (UK) keyboard reappears and no option
    for English (UK) to delete. I have to add English (UK) first in Language menu then remove it again to make the UK keyboard dissapeared.

Is there a way to remove English (UK) keyboard permanently.

Thank you

AsawinWu, Nov 14, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    My keyboard has started to misbehave; when I use the shift key and numeral 2 to obtain speach mark it selects @ and likewise when I select shift and @ i get "; any ideas please?

Hi Stephen, your keyboard language needs changing

Your keyboard is UK English but is set to US English

Open Control Panel - Language

Click Options on the right hand side of your current language setup

If US and UK English is showing, set UK English as the default and delete US English

Otherwise, click 'Add' input language

Add UK English, then set as default and delete US English

DaveM121, Nov 14, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

US keyboard + UK English

You could add both US and UK layouts, make UK the default display language, so you also have UK spell, but change the default input language (layout) to US. This is necessary especially for non-latin languages since changing the default display language to the native language automatically makes default that layout and you must remember to change it to US to type passwords.

To set the default input language (layout) independently from the default display language, check my post in this thread.

So you can have the US layout to match your keyboard, but the UK display language to have UK spelling support.

spapakons, Nov 14, 2015
  5. Supra Win User
    I guess that works. I'd prefer if I had only British spellchecking available in Skype and IE instead of merging both spellings though, is that possible?

Supra, Nov 14, 2015
  6. spapakons Win User
    You could leave only the English UK language, but then you would have to remember that some symbols on your keyboard are on a different place when typing (such as @ and " and others).

spapakons, Nov 14, 2015
  7. Supra Win User
    I guess that'll be as good as it gets then. Never mind, thank you for the help!

Supra, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

US keyboard + UK English

1. US keyboard + UK English - Similar Threads - keyboard English

2. I want everything in English EXCEPT my keyboard which I want to have Spanish as the default.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want everything in English EXCEPT my keyboard which I want to have Spanish as the default.: I want everything in my computer to be in English EXCEPT my keyboard which I want to have Spanish as the default. I occasionally use the English keyboard so I have it there too like for @ but I don't want the machine to change it to English automatically if it detects that...
  3. I want everything in English EXCEPT my keyboard which I want to have Spanish as the default.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want everything in English EXCEPT my keyboard which I want to have Spanish as the default.: I want everything in my computer to be in English EXCEPT my keyboard which I want to have Spanish as the default. I occasionally use the English keyboard so I have it there too like for @ but I don't want the machine to change it to English automatically if it detects that...
  4. Cannot prevent Windows to change the keyboard to "English US QWERTY" on each restart.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot prevent Windows to change the keyboard to "English US QWERTY" on each restart.: My "windows display language" is English US , but my region, first language and keyboard are "Belgian French AZERTY". I cannot prevent Windows to change the keyboard to "English US QWERTY" on each restart. This problem occurs for years, with both Windows 10 and Windows 11 and...
  5. Cannot prevent Windows to change the keyboard to "English US QWERTY" on each restart.

Cannot prevent Windows to change the keyboard to "English US QWERTY" on each restart.: My "windows display language" is English US , but my region, first language and keyboard are "Belgian French AZERTY". I cannot prevent Windows to change the keyboard to "English US QWERTY" on each restart. This problem occurs for years, with both Windows 10 and Windows 11 and...
  6. I can't remove the English United Kingdom on my keyboard layout.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't remove the English United Kingdom on my keyboard layout.: It's not showing under Settings. Can't remove it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-remove-the-english-united-kingdom-on-my/54545d94-4395-4507-9f54-2b4faa91ecf7
  7. I can't remove the English United Kingdom on my keyboard layout.

I can't remove the English United Kingdom on my keyboard layout.: It's not showing under Settings. Can't remove it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-remove-the-english-united-kingdom-on-my/54545d94-4395-4507-9f54-2b4faa91ecf7
  8. German keyboard need English symbols help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    German keyboard need English symbols help: Hi, hope someone can help. I have bought a German HP Pro Book x360 11 G3 EE Windows 11 I think laptop thinking what a great deal... that lasted 10 minutes.... so, I have managed to change everything to English, however the laptop's physical keyboard is in German. Now, I have...
  9. German keyboard need English symbols help

German keyboard need English symbols help: Hi, hope someone can help. I have bought a German HP Pro Book x360 11 G3 EE Windows 11 I think laptop thinking what a great deal... that lasted 10 minutes.... so, I have managed to change everything to English, however the laptop's physical keyboard is in German. Now, I have...
  10. Can't keep English Intl as the default keyboard layout while using English UK system language.

Can't keep English Intl as the default keyboard layout while using English UK system language.: Hi. I searched for an answer to this exact issue, but could only find answers telling me to delete English UK. That's not what I need.Basically, I bought a Win11 laptop not in the UK, so it doesn't have the UK layout with @ where " is located, and £ where # is located for...