Windows 10: US vs UK keyboard settings

Discus and support US vs UK keyboard settings in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, After latest Windows 10 update, Jelly Comb wireless UK English keyboard has keys using US setting. Windows settings show all language settings are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AJD 62, Oct 9, 2020.

1. AJD 62 Win User

US vs UK keyboard settings

Hi,

After latest Windows 10 update, Jelly Comb wireless UK English keyboard has keys using US setting. Windows settings show all language settings are English UK - no sign of any US language setting anywhere. Update driver shows that all is OK. Please can someone help resolve. Thanks.

:)

AJD 62, Oct 9, 2020

2. Keyboard settings (UK layout not working)

I have a UK layout keyboard (shift + 2 is "), but my computer insists on using US layout (shift + 2 is @). I use a Corsair STRAFE keyboard.

• In iCue (Corsair keyboard app), the layout is set to UK.
    • In Settings app, the system language is English UK. The Preferred language is English UK, and the keyboard has one layout, English UK.
      • If I add a US keyboard to it, and use Win + Space, two options show up to cycle through:
        • English (UK) - US Keyboard
        • English (US) - US Keyboard
    • In Control Panel main menu, there is only 'Clock and Region,' not 'Clock,
      Language
      , and Region.'
    Please any help would be great!

someguy171, Oct 9, 2020
  3. Microsoft needs to fix this: Windows 10 persistently changes the keyboard setting to "UK keyboard" (incorrect), and the fix only lasts till the next reboot

Mike

Many thanks for your suggestion. Although there is no "UK keyboard" listed under "Options" for my default language (Australian) [see my post], following your suggestion, I looked under the other two language packs (US and UK), and (weirdly enough), the
    US options include both US QWERTY and UK keyboard, while the UK language pack listed only the UK keyboard. I have deleted both of those UK keyboards, so hopefully, when I reboot tomorrow, the problem might be fixed. (To delete the latter UK keyboard, I had
    to first add a US QWERTY.)

I will report what happens.

By the way, what I've done so far removes one of the three options that comes with WINDOWS plus SPACE - it now looks like this: (note that WINDOWS plus SPACE alters the setting to the wrong setting, as per my warning before)

US vs UK keyboard settings 81baa001-ed5c-4d69-b979-79a379b3fbfe.jpg

Nevertheless, under this UK English setting, typing # gives #, @ gives @, and " gives ", so it's very likely that you have found the solution for me.

How or why the UK keyboard setting got there, I have no idea. I have never owned a UK keyboard.

Thanks again

Ricky

XRickyHarris, Oct 9, 2020
  4. US vs UK keyboard settings

Enabled UK keyboard layout not working

Hi Hugh,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

Try the below steps and check if you are able to change keyboard to a UK layout. Follow the below steps.

• Type Region on the search bar and click on
      Region and language.

• Click on Add language and click on
      English
      and select UK eng.

• Click on the UK English and click on
      Option.

• Now click on add keyboard and select the
      keyboard.
    Hope this information helps, post us with the status we will be glad to assist you.

Billion Debbarma, Oct 9, 2020
Thema:

US vs UK keyboard settings

1. US vs UK keyboard settings - Similar Threads - keyboard settings

2. Bluetooth mouse and keyboard freeze - until bluetooth settings are opened

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth mouse and keyboard freeze - until bluetooth settings are opened: I have a brand new logitech MX Anywhere S3 mouse and it will be working fine, but while I'm using it not sitting idle it will completely freeze. The trackpad still works on my computer, but the mouse will stay frozen until I use the windows search bar to search for "Bluetooth...
  3. Bluetooth mouse and keyboard freeze - until bluetooth settings are opened

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth mouse and keyboard freeze - until bluetooth settings are opened: I have a brand new logitech MX Anywhere S3 mouse and it will be working fine, but while I'm using it not sitting idle it will completely freeze. The trackpad still works on my computer, but the mouse will stay frozen until I use the windows search bar to search for "Bluetooth...
  4. Bluetooth mouse and keyboard freeze - until bluetooth settings are opened

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Keyboard is not working when set up new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard is not working when set up new PC: I am having a problem when setting up new PC. The keyboard that is connected to the pc via usb cable does not work, i tried to use the virtual keyboard but it does not work either....
  6. Keyboard is not working when set up new PC

Keyboard is not working when set up new PC: I am having a problem when setting up new PC. The keyboard that is connected to the pc via usb cable does not work, i tried to use the virtual keyboard but it does not work either....
  7. Checking if updates on Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard are coming soon? Issues with setting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Checking if updates on Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard are coming soon? Issues with setting...: Hi, I am checking if there will be any updates to the Microsoft mouse and Keyboard center app soon? I find that setting my wheel push button to paste is very helpful in production at work, however doing this causing the mouse wheel to stick and not perform as it would when...
  8. Checking if updates on Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard are coming soon? Issues with setting...

Checking if updates on Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard are coming soon? Issues with setting...: Hi, I am checking if there will be any updates to the Microsoft mouse and Keyboard center app soon? I find that setting my wheel push button to paste is very helpful in production at work, however doing this causing the mouse wheel to stick and not perform as it would when...
  9. Checking if updates on Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard are coming soon? Issues with setting...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. How to set default keyboard language to be different than default Windows language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set default keyboard language to be different than default Windows language: This was no problem with Windows 10, but I cannot seem to figure out how to do it in Windows 11. I want my Windows 11 language to be completely in English as default. But I need my keyboard by default to be Danish. However, I also need to have the English keyboard installed...