Windows 10: US vs UK keyboard This is a bug in the firmware!

Discus and support US vs UK keyboard This is a bug in the firmware! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I first setup win 10 I accidently set me keyboard to UK style. I should have selected US. Now, when I boot up, the " and the @ are reversed. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by amps9, Aug 14, 2015.

1. amps9 Win User

US vs UK keyboard This is a bug in the firmware!

When I first setup win 10 I accidently set me keyboard to UK style. I should have selected US.
    Now, when I boot up, the " and the @ are reversed.
    I go into keyboard setup and change it to US.
    ease of access
    change how it works
    ........ change input settings
    English US
    now I select its options
    "SAVE" is greyed out
    I click on "Preview"
    A KB layout comes up
    I close it.
    Suddenly I'm allowed to save the changes, and I do.
    I reboot my 'puter and I'm back to UK keyboard.
    This is a bug in the firmware!

:)

amps9, Aug 14, 2015

2. Is this a proper UK E72 keyboard?

what is the origin code?

ceroberts75, Aug 14, 2015
  3. Is this a proper UK E72 keyboard?

I got one exactly the same 2 days ago pre-ordered from Expansys.

I think it's a Finish keyboard? All manuals are the same.

Spoke to Expansys and they said all their stock is the same so I can only get a refund :smileysad:

Maybe the first shipment into the UK is all wrong?

Stealth247, Aug 14, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Or could it be that you are just trying to change it in the wrong place...

Right click the Start icon, Control Panel, 'Clock, language and region', under Language 'Change input method', click Options next to the English square.

NavyLCDR, Aug 14, 2015
Thema:

1. US vs UK keyboard This is a bug in the firmware! - Similar Threads - keyboard bug firmware

2. How to change US keyboard to UK keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change US keyboard to UK keyboard: I have been trying to change from US keyboard to UK keyboard for windows 10 without success. It has been changed in the settings but not effected on the keyboard. I need help please...
  3. How to change US keyboard to UK keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change US keyboard to UK keyboard: I have been trying to change from US keyboard to UK keyboard for windows 10 without success. It has been changed in the settings but not effected on the keyboard. I need help please...
  4. Microsoft 10 bug fix to stop switching UK keyboard to US.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft 10 bug fix to stop switching UK keyboard to US.: This happens sporadically - usually when I'm doing something I find complex. Then I can't remember how to correct it. This has been a problem for several years. Are Microsoft ever going to fix the problem at source or don't they care?...
  5. Microsoft 10 bug fix to stop switching UK keyboard to US.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft 10 bug fix to stop switching UK keyboard to US.: This happens sporadically - usually when I'm doing something I find complex. Then I can't remember how to correct it. This has been a problem for several years. Are Microsoft ever going to fix the problem at source or don't they care?...
  6. US vs UK keyboard settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    US vs UK keyboard settings: Hi, After latest Windows 10 update, Jelly Comb wireless UK English keyboard has keys using US setting. Windows settings show all language settings are English UK - no sign of any US language setting anywhere. Update driver shows that all is OK. Please can someone help...
  7. UK keyboard is still US keyboard?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    UK keyboard is still US keyboard?: So I've tried to get the UK keyboard to work, I've tried changing the language options so that I only have the one UK keyboard layout, but it's STILL got the US keyboard layout. I can't find a way to fix this, please help submitted by /u/ultradurphy [link] [comments]...
  8. Windows 10 keyboard US UK

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 keyboard US UK: I have a Lenovo Idealpad 205 which I am using in the UK with Windows 10 op system. It has recently developed a problem with the keyboard settings and the @ symbol has now displaced the " symbol. Is this because it has defaulted to a US setting ? or something else. Does...
  9. How to change from US to UK keyboard?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to change from US to UK keyboard?: I have Win 10 Pro. I have an account for myself, with Admin privileges. I also have an account called "Kids". My account has the English (UK) keyboard by default. The Kids account has a US keyboard - also by default. I want the Kids account to have an English keyboard (no...
  10. US keyboard + UK English

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    US keyboard + UK English: Is it possible to setup Windows so that it recognises that I have an ANSI layout, but that spell checking and such is in British English? 29942