Windows 10: Usage of 'Negative number format' in regional setting

Discus and support Usage of 'Negative number format' in regional setting in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Would like to know the usage of 'Negative number format' in regional setting. A user change this to "" and some program crash. There is another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Tong MAL, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Tong MAL Win User

Usage of 'Negative number format' in regional setting

Would like to know the usage of 'Negative number format' in regional setting. A user change this to "" and some program crash.

There is another setting 'Negative number format' which make the setting more ambiguous.

:)

Tong MAL, Jan 7, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Arabic Numbers format - issue if the number followed by any character

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

By default, the Currency format is set as English numbers. However, you can change the Currency format to Arabic numbers using the drop downs. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type control and click on
      OK
    3. Click on Region.
    4. Click on Additional settings and click on
      Currency tab.
    5. Now, click on the drop down for Positive currency format and change it as per your requirement. Follow the same for
      Negative currency format.
    6. Once done, click on OK(Twice).

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 7, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 7, 2020
  4. John Sarc Win User

Changing Time Format

Hi Mary,

There's a possibility that the set up time format in your computer Basic Input/Output System (BIOS) is military time. To have this checked, you can try to reset the time of your computer through Control Panel. See the steps below on how to do
    so:

• Open Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region >
      Change date, time, or number formats. This would open the
      Region
      window.
    • From there, click on Additional settings at the bottom part. It will open the Customize Format.
    • Click Reset; then, OK.

The steps should work; however, if not, we suggest that you contact manufacturer and have the BIOS time checked.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestions .

John Sarc, Jan 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Usage of 'Negative number format' in regional setting - Similar Threads - Usage 'Negative number

2. what regional setting uses parentheses for negative numbers as my region does not and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what regional setting uses parentheses for negative numbers as my region does not and...: In previous versions I had the option of using for negative numbers and also to use a period for date separator eg 15.12.23In the settings for my region New Zealand I do not have these options so presume I will need to use another region which will have these options BUT.......
  3. what regional setting uses parentheses for negative numbers as my region does not and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what regional setting uses parentheses for negative numbers as my region does not and...: In previous versions I had the option of using for negative numbers and also to use a period for date separator eg 15.12.23In the settings for my region New Zealand I do not have these options so presume I will need to use another region which will have these options BUT.......
  4. Region format settings won't apply properly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Region format settings won't apply properly: I want to use the UK date format while not using the UK English keyboard which turns out to be impossible. This post says to go into control panel and change the settings manually:...
  5. Region settings

Region settings: Dear All, I have a problem with region setting. I need to customize date format for two different languages. I would like that both english US and spanish Spain short date formats are dd-MMM-yyyy. I change english without problem, then I switch to spanish and change it...
  6. How to change number format in Windows 10 negative numbers in parentheses

How to change number format in Windows 10 negative numbers in parentheses: Hello. I would like to change the number format in Windows 10. I read the following pages below from answers to other posts but they are not helpful. The number format setting is not with Time & Date anymore. I cannot use the normal 'currency' or 'accounting' format in excel...
  7. Region settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Region settings: Has the 2004 edition of win 10 pro have different Region setting to the 1909 win 10 edition because I have a program that keeps asking to adjust the reign settings to allow it to work . After changing all different settings i still get the fault. The program...
  8. Group Policy Preferences Regional Settings - Regional format Unknown Locale

Group Policy Preferences Regional Settings - Regional format Unknown Locale: Hi all, We have a problem with GPO Regional settings, DC servers Windows Server 2016 standard, all workstation are Windows 10 Pro. We need to change Regional format, we make changes on GPO, force update policy, but on workstation side Regional Format is Unknown locale like...
  9. Microsoft Store not recognising region settings for date format

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store not recognising region settings for date format: I live in Australia and have region settings set to default for this country (eg short date is "dd/mm/yy"). But in the Microsoft Store, all of the displays for apps installed/updated seem to default to American date format for last updated (ie, "mm/dd/yyyy") instead of...
  10. How to override default Regional Format settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to override default Regional Format settings in Windows 10: [ATTACH] Depending on where you are, and what locale you work with, and lastly which locale you belong to, Windows 10 doesn’t offer many choices for its Region settings. The standard region settings for Windows 10 lets you select one set [...] This post How to override...