Windows 10: USB 3.0 2TB drive extremely slow

Discus and support USB 3.0 2TB drive extremely slow in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Ok, I got an external usb 3.0 drive and thought it was defective at first because on windows 10 it is extremely slow and looking at monitor I can see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SylvainSylvain4, Feb 23, 2021.

1. USB 3.0 2TB drive extremely slow

Ok, I got an external usb 3.0 drive and thought it was defective at first because on windows 10 it is extremely slow and looking at monitor I can see it pass more time pause then anything. But then I made the test on linux and wow it is unbelievably fast.

The problem is really only on WIN10, no mather what I try it pass more time doing nothing then otherwise.

If I copy any files, it the best scenario it goes copy for 5 seconds, reaching about 18mb/s max and then timeout for at least 15 seconds or more.

On linux, there is not such issue, it just works like a regular SSD or HDD.

Anyway, it seems there is no better driver on WIN10, at least I could not find any.

Anyone can fix the driver or suggest a definite solution.

Thank you

:)

SylvainSylvain4, Feb 23, 2021

2. Cannot Access New Seagate 2TB Expansion USB 3.0 Drive

i just purchased a new seagate 2tb expansion usb 3.0 drive and no matter what i do i can not access it. when i first received it i plugged it in, open it once it showed up in pc, tried to copy files to it and was told to no disk in drive d, checked properties and they said 0 used 0 available. i opened partition wizard, wiped the drive, formatted, assigned name "universal two, and letter n and now when i click on it i get "please insert a disk into the drive". i think the below images below are pretty much self-explanatory. even thought disk management and partition wizard say it's drive n i still get "there is no disk in drive d. please try again. i'm completely out of ideas, please any ideas and or suggestions. thanks

USB 3.0 2TB drive extremely slow [​IMG]

ChaChaLaBoom, Feb 23, 2021
  3. Is my 2TB USB 3.0 external portable drive too slow?

You are connected at USB 3.0.

Code:
    Can you run CrystalDiskMark Crystal Dew World ? The interesting metric here is the sequential so you can just run that one:

PolarNettles, Feb 23, 2021
  4. USB 3.0 2TB drive extremely slow

Extremely slow USB 3 HDD transfer rate on one PC but not the other

I have this Transcend Storage Jet external HDD. I was using it with my desktop Win 10 which supported USB 2.0. The transfer rate was satisfactory over 15MB/s. However, when I tried it on my new Lenovo ideapad 510 which supports USB 3.0 and using its USB 3.0 port, the transfer rate is going at a few 100 KB/s.

The copy window seems to pause a long time interval and only updates the speed and progress bar for just 1 frame every so often. Below is the CrystalDiskMark of this drive:

USB 3.0 2TB drive extremely slow 2uMq6.png

I've also tried the USB 2.0 ports on my laptop. The results are similar except for SeqQ32T1 and Seq which achieved > 30 MB/s

I've tried the following methods.

Disable Quick Removal Method

I've tried the most accepted answer of this: Extremely slow USB transfer speed but the problems are:

1. It doesn't work
    2. My old PC also does quick removal and there was no transfer problem.

TeraCopy method

However, using TeraCopy, the speed can achieve 32MB/s with the USB 2 port on my laptop. But this is just avoiding the problem, not actually solving it. Actually, the result is exactly the same using Explorer to copy.

Daniel Cheung, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

USB 3.0 2TB drive extremely slow

1. USB 3.0 2TB drive extremely slow - Similar Threads - USB 2TB drive

2. 0x80070570 Error Copying to 2TB USB Flash DriveS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    0x80070570 Error Copying to 2TB USB Flash DriveS: Dell Inspiron Gaming 7567 Laptop with i7/32GB/500GB SDD WITH w10 PRO and MS365 Subscription, PLUS external HDDs: Western Digital MyBook 1 TB and Seagate 4TB. I bought a 2TB USB and began copying folders/files too it. Seemed to work, ended normally. Went to read files and...
  3. 0x80070570 Error Copying to 2TB USB Flash DriveS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0x80070570 Error Copying to 2TB USB Flash DriveS: Dell Inspiron Gaming 7567 Laptop with i7/32GB/500GB SDD WITH w10 PRO and MS365 Subscription, PLUS external HDDs: Western Digital MyBook 1 TB and Seagate 4TB. I bought a 2TB USB and began copying folders/files too it. Seemed to work, ended normally. Went to read files and...
  4. 0x80070570 Error Copying to 2TB USB Flash DriveS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. slow copying with 0% usage on drives

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    slow copying with 0% usage on drives: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Noodle_nose [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/tqhyyi/slow_copying_with_0_usage_on_drives/
  6. USB Drives with 2TB not recognizing no media problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB Drives with 2TB not recognizing no media problem: [ATTACH] Hi guys. I have a problem. When I insert a 2 TB Usb Drive into my laptop, my laptop detects it but it doesn't recognize it and I check in disk management and it says no media. Does anyone know how to fix this?...
  7. Extremely Slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Extremely Slow: My computer is terribly slow. There's a lag for EVERY action performed; turning on the computer and logging in, opening google chrome, opening a new tab, loading a website, shutting off the computer, EVERYTHING. I don't know what to do. I've only used about 1/3 of my...
  8. My usb speeds are extremely slow

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My usb speeds are extremely slow: I am facing problems just during transferring from my pc to a USB drive. I get around 2 Mbps speed. But while transferring from USB to pc, I get 20-25 Mbps speeds. What can I do to solve this?...
  9. Is my 2TB USB 3.0 external portable drive too slow?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is my 2TB USB 3.0 external portable drive too slow?: I bought a Seagate Expansion 2 TB USB portable drive. While populating it with data I noticed that the transfer speed was about 31 MB/s on average. My PC is about 7 years old and has a 2-port USB card in it. The external drive is connected to it via a USB 3.0 hub. 1....
  10. Extremely Slow Boot Time (3 min)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Extremely Slow Boot Time (3 min): Hi, I recently purchased a laptop with windows 10 x64. The product specifications are these: Star Wars™ Special Edition Notebook - 15-an001na (ENERGY STAR) Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support It's a HP laptop. The boot up time close to 3 minutes goes like this:...