Windows 10: USB 3.0 device with message "Device can perform faster when connected to USB 3.0"

Discus and support USB 3.0 device with message "Device can perform faster when connected to USB 3.0" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Realtek wireless adapter, which is labelled as a USB 3.0 device, connected to a USB 3.0 port but I'm getting the message: "Device can perform... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by J. Randall, Jun 16, 2020.

1. USB 3.0 device with message "Device can perform faster when connected to USB 3.0"

I have a Realtek wireless adapter, which is labelled as a USB 3.0 device, connected to a USB 3.0 port but I'm getting the message: "Device can perform faster when connected to USB 3.0"

I have read multiple posts and tried many steps, including:

- Uninstalling/Updating the device driver

- Uninstalling/Updating the USB 3.0 controller

- Updating Windows 10

- Reviewing BIOS settings

One interesting thing comes from the usbview program. Notice that "Supported Protocols" is NO for 3.0:

USB 3.0 device with message "Device can perform faster when connected to USB 3.0" a951408e-880a-483b-9011-b2e4193f40d9?upload=true.png

Also, all the USB 3.0 ports circled in red don't appear to be connected:

USB 3.0 device with message "Device can perform faster when connected to USB 3.0" 3afff004-3ee3-4e44-8d18-84319f9ccdee?upload=true.png

:)

J. Randall, Jun 16, 2020
  2. Meet Gill Win User

Windows 10: Display a warning if I plug a USB 3.0 device into a USB 2.0 port

Please try these steps. Sometimes the problem is not as big as we think:

1. In Device Manager, check if Intel USB Host Controller 3.0 is enabled and updated.
    2. Go to BIOS settings to see if USB 3.0 is enabled.
    3. If you are still facing the same problem, try uninstalling all USB host controllers in Device Manager.

Note: Make sure you are not using any extender for USB.

Source: How to fix "This device can perform faster" in USB 3.0

Meet Gill, Jun 16, 2020
  3. HankMilek Win User
    Device USB\VID_04A9&PID_2219\5&1fed0618&0&3 requires further installation. Canoscan9950F is installed but requires further install. message above is from device manager

Device USB\VID_04A9&PID_2219\5&1fed0618&0&3 requires further installation. Canoscan9950F is installed but requires further install. message above is from device manager W10

HankMilek, Jun 16, 2020
  4. USB 3.0 device with message "Device can perform faster when connected to USB 3.0"

Is there a way to disable the "This device can perform faster ..." message

I believe not.

You are probably using a USB 2 or 3 Flash drive on old USB 1 ports there fore the statement that this device can perform faster.

It just means that it will load the data of the drive at a slower transfer rate.

This is normal and i would not worry about it.

Frank N St31n, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

USB 3.0 device with message "Device can perform faster when connected to USB 3.0"

1. USB 3.0 device with message "Device can perform faster when connected to USB 3.0" - Similar Threads - USB device message

2. USB 3 device only connecting as USB 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB 3 device only connecting as USB 2: I have a usb 3.0 capture card and the video quality is sub-par. I ran USBDeview, and it shows the device running on usb version 2.0. I verified the device is 3.0, the port and cable are both blue. I have switched ports and cables. I plugged my ssd card in port 1 and it is...
  3. USB 3 / Devices connecting as 2.10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB 3 / Devices connecting as 2.10: Hey!My devices refuse to connect with USB3 instead reverting to USB2. I have external HD supports and has connected with USB3 before, it has a regular USB connector. And I also recently got ROG phone 6 that I connect with USB-C. My computer is Asus TUF Gaming F17 / FX706HM /...
  4. USB 3 / Devices connecting as 2.10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB 3 / Devices connecting as 2.10: Hey!My devices refuse to connect with USB3 instead reverting to USB2. I have external HD supports and has connected with USB3 before, it has a regular USB connector. And I also recently got ROG phone 6 that I connect with USB-C. My computer is Asus TUF Gaming F17 / FX706HM /...
  5. Device can perform faster when connected to USB 3.0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device can perform faster when connected to USB 3.0: I recently reinstalled the USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller and USB 3,0 Root Hub through an in-place upgrade. Even before I did this, I've been having an issue in which the device listed in the Windows Settings says that it could perform faster when connected to USb 3.0.....
  6. Device can perform faster when connected to USB 3.0

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device can perform faster when connected to USB 3.0: I recently reinstalled the USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller and USB 3,0 Root Hub through an in-place upgrade. Even before I did this, I've been having an issue in which the device listed in the Windows Settings says that it could perform faster when connected to USb 3.0.....
  7. Device can perform faster when connected to USB 3.0

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. USB 3.0 message "Device can perform faster when connected to USB 3.0"

USB 3.0 message "Device can perform faster when connected to USB 3.0": I have two identical WD Elements external hard drives. One is connected directly to a USB 3.0 port on my laptop, the other is connected through a Startech 7 port USB 3.0 hub to the other USB 3.0 port on the laptop. They use identical USB 3.0 cables, in fact I have switched...
  9. USB 3 ports not working with USB 3 Devices

USB 3 ports not working with USB 3 Devices: I have had this problem since February and not sure what to do. All of my USB 3 ports are not recognized by my computer as USB 3 ports only as USB 2/1.[ATTACH] The two active ports you see there are USB 3 ports, but they don't work as USB 3 ports. If any one has had this...
  10. Device can perform faster when connected to USB 3.0

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Device can perform faster when connected to USB 3.0: Have this message in my bluetooth and other devices section in the settings and at the bottom under Other devices it says "device" Device can perform faster when connected to USB 3.0. I have now updated all of my drivers and everything and I cannot figure out which usb it is...