Windows 10: USB 3.0 disc drive wont work

Discus and support USB 3.0 disc drive wont work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently purchased a disc drive off of Amazon for my laptop, an Asus ROG Strix. When I plug it in an attempt to open it, nothing. When I go to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by gavinpalat, Mar 4, 2019.

1. USB 3.0 disc drive wont work

I recently purchased a disc drive off of Amazon for my laptop, an Asus ROG Strix. When I plug it in an attempt to open it, nothing. When I go to the USB in settings, nothing. The reviews on Amazon don't help as well as I got a completely different product then the one promised.

:)

gavinpalat, Mar 4, 2019
  2. Riel Alc Win User

please insert a disc into the usb drive

Hi,

It seems that your USB is having an issue. We suggest running Check Disk to find and repair errors in the USB drive. To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and then select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste chkdsk E: /f, then hit Enter.

Please use chkdsk E: command to check the integrity of your USB drive.

Note: Change "E:" to the USB drive letter you're using.

Let us know the result.

Riel Alc, Mar 4, 2019
  3. Pinscher Win User
    Raid 0 help

Hi all, I've followed the IRST raid installation directions and I have created myself a Raid 0 volume. Rapid storage confirms my successful migration from a system disc to a raid 0 array. I'm also able to select it as my boot device in BIOS, but what I don't understand is why it is not listed in my Drives under my computer

In fact, my computer still lists my original C: drive with the original capacity. I feel as if I've miss an important step here and I'm unsure how to proceed.

Pinscher, Mar 4, 2019
  4. Ar3s Win User

USB 3.0 disc drive wont work

HD 5870 Bios flash failed

mp3 player is in FAT / FAT32 format ?

Set Boot up first to the drive with hiren bootcd 10.4
    Done...

the options will pop out after loading the disc choose

boot cd

then the list (step by step)

Next...
    Dos....
    USB Drivers....
    Load USB Drivers with no386.....

Ask you load cd drivers. NO
    Ask you load SCSI drivers. NO
    Ask you anything NO.
    USB driver list comes out. 8 Don't choose anything else.

type
    C:\ (that should be your mp3 player if you did it right)

atiflash -i
    to list the adapters

atiflash -p -f 0 ???.bin

done.........

Ar3s, Mar 4, 2019
Thema:

USB 3.0 disc drive wont work

1. USB 3.0 disc drive wont work - Similar Threads - USB disc drive

2. USB Drives wont install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Drives wont install: I have a HP Laptop and I can not get any USB drive to work. USB ports work for Mouse or keyboards. But Drives just beep and fail to configure. They list under Other Devices in Device Manager with error code 28. They don't show up in Disk Management. I've tried multiple USB...
  3. USB Drives wont install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Drives wont install: I have a HP Laptop and I can not get any USB drive to work. USB ports work for Mouse or keyboards. But Drives just beep and fail to configure. They list under Other Devices in Device Manager with error code 28. They don't show up in Disk Management. I've tried multiple USB...
  4. USB wont work

USB wont work: I was setting up USB bootable Kali Linux when in the select portion option i had accidentally deleted a portion within the USB, this had made it so my laptop/PC didn't detect the USB when plugged in however it shows up in device manager. I have tried everything i could find...
  5. USB-2 and 3 ports seeing powered disc drives but no splash drives.

USB-2 and 3 ports seeing powered disc drives but no splash drives.: Recently my Logitech C920 camera stopped working and was no longer showing up in the Device Manager when using either USB 2 or 3 ports. When plugging it in to other PC's it worked fine, so I began looking at Logitech drivers thinking that must be the culprit. After spending...
  6. USB-2 and 3 ports seeing powered disc drives but no splash drives.

in Windows 10 Support
    USB-2 and 3 ports seeing powered disc drives but no splash drives.: Recently my Logitech C920 camera stopped working and was no longer showing up in the Device Manager when using either USB 2 or 3 ports. When plugging it in to other PC's it worked fine, so I began looking at Logitech drivers thinking that must be the culprit. After spending...
  7. SSD wont secure erase on USB or DISC

SSD wont secure erase on USB or DISC: I have recently had a failure of BIOS and backup BIOS on my Gigabyte GA-H77M D3H rev1.0 motherboard, now I've purchased a 2nd hand Intel (branded), 7 series board, to replace it, now in anticipation, I thought I would secure erase the SSD now in prep now first I attached it...
  8. disc drive wont burn or play dvd

disc drive wont burn or play dvd: disc drive wontplay or burn a dvd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disc-drive-wont-burn-or-play-dvd/a79ad254-93e3-4f3b-a304-724997449e69
  9. USB 3 ports not working with USB 3 Devices

USB 3 ports not working with USB 3 Devices: I have had this problem since February and not sure what to do. All of my USB 3 ports are not recognized by my computer as USB 3 ports only as USB 2/1.[ATTACH] The two active ports you see there are USB 3 ports, but they don't work as USB 3 ports. If any one has had this...
  10. Dvd drive wont recognise disc, says please insert a disc into Drive E:

Dvd drive wont recognise disc, says please insert a disc into Drive E:: Ever since the transition to windows 10 the dvd drive will not recognize,read or view any disc i put in, it says please insert a disc into drive E:. However my brothers laptop can view,recognize and read the disc. How can i fix this 24241