Windows 10: USB 3.0 doesnt show up in my device manager

Discus and support USB 3.0 doesnt show up in my device manager in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; For some reason, my computer has a USB 3.0 port which I am trying to use but for some reason it doesn't work at all, it doesn't even show up in my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mr.eme, Jan 19, 2022.

1. Mr.eme Win User

USB 3.0 doesnt show up in my device manager

For some reason, my computer has a USB 3.0 port which I am trying to use but for some reason it doesn't work at all, it doesn't even show up in my device manager, ive looked everywhere but cant find a fix, unless its not connected inside the pc I don't know what to do

:)

Mr.eme, Jan 19, 2022

2. USB devices have yellow marker in device manager under 'Other devices'

Hi Roger,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

• What is the make and model of your devices?

I suggest you to perform the following troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

I suggest you to run hardware and devices troubleshooter and check.

• Press the Windows + X,
      and click on Search.

• Type troubleshooting and select
      Troubleshooting

• Click on Hardware and Sound and select
      Hardware and Devices

• Click on Next to run the troubleshooter

Method 2: Update USB Controllers.

To update the USB Controllers from Device Manager follow these steps.

• Go to Device manager in control panel.

• Select Device manager and a Device Manager window will pop-up.

• Double Click on USB Controllers to expand.

• Right click on the USB Controllers that is listed and select Update.

I hope the information helps. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Aswin_Anand, Jan 19, 2022
  3. Connected USB cable - no action ,not visible in device manager

Hey, do the following
    · Press Win Key + R to open run then type devmgmt.msc to open device manager.
    · In device manager go to universal serial bus controllers. It will display a list of all USB devices. Plug and remove the device so as to find the USB device which is not working. Once you found device, right click and go to properties.
    · In properties, go to details tab then in property option select device instance path. Now copy the value in notepad. It will be required in the next step.
    · Now Press Win+R and type regedit in Run box
    · Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\<Device Instance Path>\Device Parameters
    (Device instance path is what you copied in notepad)
    · In the device parameter check if EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled showing value 1. Double click on it and change the value to 0. Now Reboot.

Emily Forbes, Jan 19, 2022
  4. seejp Win User

external hard drive showing up in device management but not disk management

Hi,

I recently tried to use a brand new Seagate 2TB External HD, but it is not showing up. It initially showed up, but after I tried reformatting it to exFAT32, it disappeared from the disk management list.

I then tried:

• refreshing the disk management list,
    • inserting into a different USB port,
    • re-starting my computer, and
    • uninstalling the device from device manager/letting it refresh,

I still can't see it. There is no yellow error in the USB controller list.

I'm on Windows 10.

Intel i5-3317U @ 1.7GHz

Any suggestions? Thanks!

seejp, Jan 19, 2022
Thema:

1. USB 3.0 doesnt show up in my device manager - Similar Threads - USB doesnt show

2. USB mic not showing up on device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB mic not showing up on device manager: I recently bought an external USB microphone and it just isn't showing up on the device manager, people keep saying to update the driver, but how am I supposed to do that when I can't even find the device in device manager....
  3. USB mic not showing up on device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB mic not showing up on device manager: I recently bought an external USB microphone and it just isn't showing up on the device manager, people keep saying to update the driver, but how am I supposed to do that when I can't even find the device in device manager....
  4. USB device not showing up in device manager

USB device not showing up in device manager: I have an Epson DS-530 scanner that was set up and running fine on my desktop a while ago before it stopped working.I have been able to set it up on another computer with no problem so I know it is not a bad cable/device, but it is not showing up in the device manager.Any...
  5. USB device not showing up in device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB device not showing up in device manager: I have an Epson DS-530 scanner that was set up and running fine on my desktop a while ago before it stopped working.I have been able to set it up on another computer with no problem so I know it is not a bad cable/device, but it is not showing up in the device manager.Any...
  6. USB device not showing up in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. USB 3.0 doesnt show up in my device manager

USB 3.0 doesnt show up in my device manager: For some reason, my computer has a USB 3.0 port which I am trying to use but for some reason it doesn't work at all, it doesn't even show up in my device manager, ive looked everywhere but cant find a fix, unless its not connected inside the pc I don't know what to do...
  8. USB 3.0 doesnt show up in my device manager

USB 3.0 doesnt show up in my device manager: For some reason, my computer has a USB 3.0 port which I am trying to use but for some reason it doesn't work at all, it doesn't even show up in my device manager, ive looked everywhere but cant find a fix, unless its not connected inside the pc I don't know what to do...
  9. My headset doesnt show up in device manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My headset doesnt show up in device manager: Any fixes. I check my audio input/output and only see my built in microphone and speakers even though my headset is plugged in. submitted by /u/DaBieberFever [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lvcvy6/my_headset_doesnt_show_up_in_device_manager/
  10. Wifi card doesnt work, shows up in device manager but does not show up in network adapters.

Wifi card doesnt work, shows up in device manager but does not show up in network adapters.: I just installed a brand new MSI Intel 8265, PCI-E adapter for my first pc build, I have installed the latest drivers for the card, uninstalled and re-installed them, and restarted the pc. This card also has bluetooth witch seems to be working fine....