Windows 10: USB 3.0 doesn't work and only works as USB 2.0 (My device manager)

Discus and support USB 3.0 doesn't work and only works as USB 2.0 (My device manager) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/noshiba [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mptq64/usb_30_doesnt_work_and_only_works_as_usb_20_my/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/noshiba, Apr 12, 2021.

1. USB 3.0 doesn't work and only works as USB 2.0 (My device manager)

/u/noshiba, Apr 12, 2021

2. USB 2 and USB 3 Storage devices not working after WIndows 10 Upgrade

Hi my USB (USB 2 and USB 3 ) Storage devices are not working after I upgraded to windows 10 . It used to work before but looks like some of the upgrades patches spoilt it.

when I plug in USB 2 or USB 3 device, I do get a sound, but this new drive doesn't appear on File Manager. So I can't recognize it and use it.

I tried various thinkgs like

1) uninstalling all USB drives and then restarting the computer to pick up the latest one.

2) checking hardware version of the drivers - etc

They are latest drivers - but still doesn';t work. I connect a USB 3 storage device - and the device is not recognized.

All other USB devices - like keyboard and mouse seems to be working as expected.

Can someone help ?

manojjoshi1, Apr 12, 2021
  3. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Apr 12, 2021
  4. frozensun Win User

USB 3.0 doesn't work and only works as USB 2.0 (My device manager)

USB device not working on Optiplex 9010

I did plug in external HDD and went to device manager.
    There is none of unknown devices in the list (picture below)
    USB 3.0 doesn't work and only works as USB 2.0 (My device manager) [​IMG]

OK disabled and enabled USB 3.0 root hub and then pluged in external HDD,here is exclamation mark I got:

USB 3.0 doesn't work and only works as USB 2.0 (My device manager) [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

yep..solved the problem with your suggestion...thx a lot...

frozensun, Apr 12, 2021
Thema:

USB 3.0 doesn't work and only works as USB 2.0 (My device manager)

1. USB 3.0 doesn't work and only works as USB 2.0 (My device manager) - Similar Threads - USB doesn't works

2. All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working.: All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working. Its not bios because I am dual booting another windows drive on same computer and there is no problem on that drive. I have tried all power mgmt and driver un/installs but nothing is changed. So I suspect something in...
  3. All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working.: All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working. Its not bios because I am dual booting another windows drive on same computer and there is no problem on that drive. I have tried all power mgmt and driver un/installs but nothing is changed. So I suspect something in...
  4. All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. USB 3 device only connecting as USB 2

USB 3 device only connecting as USB 2: I have a usb 3.0 capture card and the video quality is sub-par. I ran USBDeview, and it shows the device running on usb version 2.0. I verified the device is 3.0, the port and cable are both blue. I have switched ports and cables. I plugged my ssd card in port 1 and it is...
  6. USB 3 device only connecting as USB 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB 3 device only connecting as USB 2: I have a usb 3.0 capture card and the video quality is sub-par. I ran USBDeview, and it shows the device running on usb version 2.0. I verified the device is 3.0, the port and cable are both blue. I have switched ports and cables. I plugged my ssd card in port 1 and it is...
  7. USB 3 device only connecting as USB 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. USB 3 devices used to work fine, now only work when attached to USB 2 HUB

USB 3 devices used to work fine, now only work when attached to USB 2 HUB: I have a Dell laptop with which I used to use several USB 3 devices for 2+ years. Now they only work when connected via a USB 2 hub. The devices are an XQD card reader and an external hard drive and both work when attached to USB 3 ports on my desktop computer.Because they...
  9. USB 3 ports not working with USB 3 Devices

USB 3 ports not working with USB 3 Devices: I have had this problem since February and not sure what to do. All of my USB 3 ports are not recognized by my computer as USB 3 ports only as USB 2/1.[ATTACH] The two active ports you see there are USB 3 ports, but they don't work as USB 3 ports. If any one has had this...
  10. My usb flash drive is identified by Device manager (0 bytes) and windows explorer as USB...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My usb flash drive is identified by Device manager (0 bytes) and windows explorer as USB...: My W 10 Laptop signals when I disconnect my flash drive. DeviceManager says Generic USB Flash Disk USB Device. It is a 32GB drive. Can any one help, please?...