Windows 10: USB 3.0 drive keeps disconnecting and reconnecting when i move files

Discus and support USB 3.0 drive keeps disconnecting and reconnecting when i move files in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; ok so im sure you have seen this all before, its a common issue, but a long time ago i have fixed this issue but i forgot how. i have already tried all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by xdarkmario, Nov 28, 2015.

1. USB 3.0 drive keeps disconnecting and reconnecting when i move files

ok so im sure you have seen this all before, its a common issue, but a long time ago i have fixed this issue but i forgot how. i have already tried all the fixes i could find on the internet . i disabled "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" on every port, i also went to power settings and disabled use selective suspend setting on EVERY POWER PROFILE.
    and i also updated the usb 3.0 extensible drivers and the intel series 8 intel chipset drivers. but everytime i plug my external HDD to my new laptop the first 3.0 port sometimes just keep connecting and disconnecting instantly, and on the second port it connects and stay connected but if i move a big file it will start flickering on and off ( small files i can move) and yes i know about the radiation that 3.0 devices output and i have moved the drive away from the laptop. last step is to disable wifi and try again.didnt work
    ps, usb 2.0 ports work fine

:)

xdarkmario, Nov 28, 2015
  2. Red.32 Win User

Windows 10 1511 USB 3.0 thumb drive disconnect/reconnect when copy files

After install the Windows 10 1511 upgrade, my USB 3.0 thumb drive gets disconnected in the middle of copying files to it - it says the drive cannot be found. It then reconnects again. Anyone runs into this problem?

Red.32, Nov 28, 2015
  3. How do I reconnect ? " Your File History drive was disconnected too long. Reconnect it then tap or click to keep saving copies of your files" on Windows 10?

Original Title: How do I reconnect ? " Your File History drive was disconnected too long. Reconnect it then tap or click to keep saving copies of your files".

How do I reconnect after receiving this message? " Your File History drive was disconnected too long. Reconnect it then tap or click to keep saving copies of your files".

AldaMcMillan, Nov 28, 2015
  4. gatoperas Win User

USB 3.0 drive keeps disconnecting and reconnecting when i move files

gatoperas, Nov 29, 2015
  5. well... it somehow seemed to magically fix itself 0__0. well at least for now.

xdarkmario, Nov 30, 2015
  6. it works when it wants to, im sure i have at least 1 shielded us 3.0 ive tried all types of cables and it still happens.
    only in some places. locations and placement it works well. what on earth can i do...

xdarkmario, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

USB 3.0 drive keeps disconnecting and reconnecting when i move files

1. USB 3.0 drive keeps disconnecting and reconnecting when i move files - Similar Threads - USB drive keeps

2. USB devices keep disconnecting and reconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB devices keep disconnecting and reconnecting: Good day,My USB devices keep disconnecting and reconnecting when I open applications and sometimes when I alt+tab. This only started happening after I upgraded my GPU and PSU. I already updated drivers and reinstalled UBS bus drivers. All of my motherboard UBS slots are...
  3. USB devices keep disconnecting and reconnecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB devices keep disconnecting and reconnecting: Good day,My USB devices keep disconnecting and reconnecting when I open applications and sometimes when I alt+tab. This only started happening after I upgraded my GPU and PSU. I already updated drivers and reinstalled UBS bus drivers. All of my motherboard UBS slots are...
  4. USB devices keep disconnecting and reconnecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. USB Composite Device keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Composite Device keeps disconnecting and reconnecting: Seemingly out of nowhere a device keeps disconnecting and reconnecting and when it does, it creates a moment of subtle lag and frame drops when gaming and I can't seem to find what is causing this. It also makes the constant USB device connected bleep. Here is a log of the...
  6. Unknown USB Device Keeps Disconnecting and Reconnecting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unknown USB Device Keeps Disconnecting and Reconnecting: Title says it all. There is an unknown USB device that just keeps connecting and disconnecting. It is visible in my device manager. The computer works just fine and I have managed to turn the sound off. I'm just a little concerned that this could cause an issue down the line...
  7. Front USB ports keep disconnecting and reconnecting?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Front USB ports keep disconnecting and reconnecting?: As the title says, the front USBs keep disconnecting and reconnecting. It only seems to be the front ports too. I've tried troubleshooting and reinstalling drivers, yet no difference was made. Any help? submitted by /u/Squiddy_101 [link] [comments]...
  8. USB Device Keeps Disconnecting and Reconnecting

USB Device Keeps Disconnecting and Reconnecting: I need some help because i've tried almost every option that i've found to see if it would fix the problem. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the usb mass storage device and it worked for one minute but then went back to wigging out. Then I tried a couple of other options and...
  9. USB keep disconnecting and reconnecting in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    USB keep disconnecting and reconnecting in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If after you connect a USB device, it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting randomly on its own, then it could be a hardware or driver issue. The first need to make sure is to check the device works fine on another [...] This post USB keep disconnecting and...
  10. My Back USB 3 Keep Disconnecting & Reconnecting/ Refreshing

My Back USB 3 Keep Disconnecting & Reconnecting/ Refreshing: I have a new HP pavilion 509-P0044 with Win10 Home (Clean install), Ryzen graphics card. My 4 back USB 3 keep disconnecting & reconnecting. Maybe refreshing is the proper term? This doesn't happen on my back USB 2 or front USB 3. I've gone through all the usual solutions. I...