Windows 10: USB 3.0 drive keeps disconnecting and reconnecting when i move files

Discus and support USB 3.0 drive keeps disconnecting and reconnecting when i move files in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; ok so im sure you have seen this all before, its a common issue, but a long time ago i have fixed this issue but i forgot how. i have already tried all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by xdarkmario, Nov 28, 2015.

1. USB 3.0 drive keeps disconnecting and reconnecting when i move files

ok so im sure you have seen this all before, its a common issue, but a long time ago i have fixed this issue but i forgot how. i have already tried all the fixes i could find on the internet . i disabled "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" on every port, i also went to power settings and disabled use selective suspend setting on EVERY POWER PROFILE.
    and i also updated the usb 3.0 extensible drivers and the intel series 8 intel chipset drivers. but everytime i plug my external HDD to my new laptop the first 3.0 port sometimes just keep connecting and disconnecting instantly, and on the second port it connects and stay connected but if i move a big file it will start flickering on and off ( small files i can move) and yes i know about the radiation that 3.0 devices output and i have moved the drive away from the laptop. last step is to disable wifi and try again.didnt work
    ps, usb 2.0 ports work fine

:)

xdarkmario, Nov 28, 2015
  2. Red.32 Win User

Windows 10 1511 USB 3.0 thumb drive disconnect/reconnect when copy files

After install the Windows 10 1511 upgrade, my USB 3.0 thumb drive gets disconnected in the middle of copying files to it - it says the drive cannot be found. It then reconnects again. Anyone runs into this problem?

Red.32, Nov 28, 2015
  3. How do I reconnect ? " Your File History drive was disconnected too long. Reconnect it then tap or click to keep saving copies of your files" on Windows 10?

Original Title: How do I reconnect ? " Your File History drive was disconnected too long. Reconnect it then tap or click to keep saving copies of your files".

How do I reconnect after receiving this message? " Your File History drive was disconnected too long. Reconnect it then tap or click to keep saving copies of your files".

AldaMcMillan, Nov 28, 2015
  4. gatoperas Win User

USB 3.0 drive keeps disconnecting and reconnecting when i move files

gatoperas, Nov 29, 2015
  5. well... it somehow seemed to magically fix itself 0__0. well at least for now.

xdarkmario, Nov 30, 2015
  6. it works when it wants to, im sure i have at least 1 shielded us 3.0 ive tried all types of cables and it still happens.
    only in some places. locations and placement it works well. what on earth can i do...

xdarkmario, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

USB 3.0 drive keeps disconnecting and reconnecting when i move files

1. USB 3.0 drive keeps disconnecting and reconnecting when i move files - Similar Threads - USB drive keeps

2. My hard drive keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My hard drive keeps disconnecting and reconnecting: I have a razer blade stealth 2016 and a 1 TB Toshiba hard-drive. I have a a couple files and some games on the hard drive. It does this disconnect, reconnect thing when in use and when not in use. It makes it extremely annoying because data gets lost if I am using a file on...
  3. Windows 10 - USB wifi keeps disconnecting/reconnecting

Windows 10 - USB wifi keeps disconnecting/reconnecting: Hi. I have been using Win7 for like 9 years and never had real problems with it. My specs are Intel i5-4590, 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD, ASUS GTX 1060 6GB, 2x8GB RAM, 27'' Acer monitor + 24'' Samsung monitor, 600W power supply. I upgraded from Windows 7 Pro N to Windows 10 Pro N,...
  4. Disconnect and reconnect File History drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disconnect and reconnect File History drive: I have been trying to find the way to disconnect my drive after a backup has run. I do not want the drive to be connected all the time but just connect it a few times a day or when anything major changes. I have noticed that the external drive runs even when there is no...
  5. USB ports reconnecting and disconnecting

USB ports reconnecting and disconnecting: USB ports reconnecting and disconnecting at random times. I built this computer and its been happening after 2 months since pc was built. I checked for updates are hardware and windows 10. Everything is up to date. Anybody have any ideas? Could it be that my power supply...
  6. USB keep disconnecting and reconnecting in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    USB keep disconnecting and reconnecting in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If after you connect a USB device, it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting randomly on its own, then it could be a hardware or driver issue. The first need to make sure is to check the device works fine on another [...] This post USB keep disconnecting and...
  7. My Back USB 3 Keep Disconnecting & Reconnecting/ Refreshing

My Back USB 3 Keep Disconnecting & Reconnecting/ Refreshing: I have a new HP pavilion 509-P0044 with Win10 Home (Clean install), Ryzen graphics card. My 4 back USB 3 keep disconnecting & reconnecting. Maybe refreshing is the proper term? This doesn't happen on my back USB 2 or front USB 3. I've gone through all the usual solutions. I...
  8. Usb constant disconnecting/reconnecting

Usb constant disconnecting/reconnecting: So as the the title says my usb remote control constantly disconnects and reconnects, i have tried every fix mentioned by searching the web to no avail. The OS is windows 10, i know its not the device because when i plug it into my daughter and sons laptops it works fine,...
  9. USB devices keep disconnecting and reconnecting withought consent

in Windows 10 Support
    USB devices keep disconnecting and reconnecting withought consent: Hello windows 10 help forms, I have had a huge issue with my computer in the past few days, I am running windows 10 on a GTX 1060 6gig, AMD Athlon eight core processor, and 16 gigs of RAM, I also have a 128 GB SSD that is not showing up on my drives when I went to reset...
  10. USB Devices Disconnecting/Reconnecting

USB Devices Disconnecting/Reconnecting: Hey guys. I'm not quite sure how to explain my issue in a way that is most helpful, but for some reason, my USB devices keep disconnecting/reconnecting..in some instances my USB connection for my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and my Microsoft SideWinder X6 keyboard will...