Windows 10: USB 3.0 Eject not working but does on USB 2.0

Discus and support USB 3.0 Eject not working but does on USB 2.0 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When connected to USB 3.0 ports they aren't working as they should. Transferring files, they don't show up on the external hard drive until I refresh... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Autobahn, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Autobahn Win User

USB 3.0 Eject not working but does on USB 2.0

When connected to USB 3.0 ports they aren't working as they should.

Transferring files, they don't show up on the external hard drive until I refresh the drive.

Can't eject the drive, get the popup saying: ' it cannot eject because programs are using it'.

Under 'Universal Serial Bus Controllers' I have:

2 x Intel(R) USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.10 (Microsoft)
    1 x Nvidia USB 3.10 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.10 (Microsoft)
    1 x Nvidia USB Type-c Port Policy Controller
    1 x USB Composite device
    3 x USB Root Hub (USB 3.0)

Should I try updating the drivers for all of these? USB 2.0 are working fine so don't know if I should update those and I don't know which ones are USB 2.0 anyway?

If updating doesn't work is it safe to uninstall the 8 above?

:)

Autobahn, Aug 6, 2020
  2. RAJU.MSC Win User

2.0 usb to work with 3.0

usb 3.0 is backward compatible ,its in blue colour, and 2.0 will work

usb 2.0 is black colour , it does not support 3.0

RAJU.MSC, Aug 6, 2020
  3. David.P. Win User
    Changing a USB 2.0 to a USB 3.0

Hello Rosalyn,

USB 3.0 ports are backwards compatible with USB 2.0. This means you can plug your USB 2.0 items into a USB 3.0 port, and they'll work. Have you tried plugging your printer in to your laptop?

David.P., Aug 6, 2020
  4. BulldogXX Win User

USB 3.0 versus 2.0

Both my USB 2.0 external drives work fine in USB 3.0 ports. My USB 3.0 flash drives work fine in USB 2.0 ports. The two standards work fine with each other.

BulldogXX, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

1. USB 3.0 Eject not working but does on USB 2.0 - Similar Threads - USB Eject working

2. All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working.: All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working. Its not bios because I am dual booting another windows drive on same computer and there is no problem on that drive. I have tried all power mgmt and driver un/installs but nothing is changed. So I suspect something in...
  3. All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working.: All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working. Its not bios because I am dual booting another windows drive on same computer and there is no problem on that drive. I have tried all power mgmt and driver un/installs but nothing is changed. So I suspect something in...
  4. All USB 3 ports are not working. USB 2 are working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Clean instal Win !0 with USB

in Windows 10 Support
    Clean instal Win !0 with USB: I have Win 10 64 bit downloaded onto a USB flash drive in order to do a clean install on my SSD drive...is installing it through BIOS any advantage than simply going through system recovery and using this method (remove everything install through USB) which method is better...
  6. mp3 length is 0:00 and works but can't play on USB

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    mp3 length is 0:00 and works but can't play on USB: I have downloaded mp3 files from my phone and then shared/copied them to my laptop by either inserting my SD card or using Bluetooth. Every file still plays on my phone and laptop even though several of them have the LENGTH time of the file as 0:00. Normally, I wouldn't care...
  7. USB 3 ports not working with USB 3 Devices

USB 3 ports not working with USB 3 Devices: I have had this problem since February and not sure what to do. All of my USB 3 ports are not recognized by my computer as USB 3 ports only as USB 2/1.[ATTACH] The two active ports you see there are USB 3 ports, but they don't work as USB 3 ports. If any one has had this...
  8. Transaction Failed error 0-0-2-0--6008

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Transaction Failed error 0-0-2-0--6008: Hi, While trying to buy from Windows store I got an "Transaction Failed error 0-0-2-0--6008" message. Any idea how to resolve this? Vijay. [ATTACH]...
  9. USB EJECT

USB EJECT: When I try to eject a sandisk cruiser device I get a message saing that the volume12 sideband is being used..?what is that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-eject/b5b258ae-7e86-4af9-8258-41775b2a4dfa
  10. USB does not recognise external drives in USB 2 & 3.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB does not recognise external drives in USB 2 & 3.: USB does not recognise external drives in USB 2 & 3. In a partitioned drive it only shows one partition. With thumb drives it works okay. I posted this last week but I was hit by scammers, that`s why I`m posting again. Thanks in advance....