Windows 10: USB 3.0 eXtensible host controller - 0.96 (microsoft) Crashing with XBox One Controller

Discus and support USB 3.0 eXtensible host controller - 0.96 (microsoft) Crashing with XBox One Controller in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So for weeks I've been trying to get my XBox One controller working with Windows 10 Pro x64. Symptoms I've had were that every time I plugged in my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SiIverwolf, Sep 18, 2019.

1. USB 3.0 eXtensible host controller - 0.96 (microsoft) Crashing with XBox One Controller

So for weeks I've been trying to get my XBox One controller working with Windows 10 Pro x64. Symptoms I've had were that every time I plugged in my XBox One controller via USB cable (From the XBox), I would lose my mouse and/or keyboard inputs entirely, even if they were removed and plugged back in, until I restarted the system without the XBox One controller connected.

Initially I tried loading the XBox Accessories app from the Store but it refused to, and so eventually I just completely wiped the system and did a clean load of Windows 10 Pro x64 1903 (And completed all additional updates).

Having completed the Windows reload, I was able to load XBox Accessories, however now it won't detect the controller when it is plugged in (And I'm still losing my mouse and/or keyboard inputs.

Last night the keyboard kept working and I was able to navigate to Device Manager and found that the "USB 3.0 eXtensible host controller - 0.96 (microsoft)" was in a warning state. Keeping Device Manager open I un-plugged the XBox One controller and the "USB 3.0 eXtensible host controller - 0.96 (microsoft)" device vanished from Device Manager.

So I then plugged the controller back in, and completely uninstalled the "USB 3.0 eXtensible host controller - 0.96 (microsoft)" device and restarted the system. Upon Windows load I opened Device Manager and plugged the XBox One controller back in. "USB 3.0 eXtensible host controller - 0.96 (microsoft)" now came up WITHOUT warning, and eureka, now I could see the XBox One controller in Device Manager and my mouse and keyboard kept working! So I opened the XBox Accessories app, and again, no detection of the controller.

With Device Manager and the XBox Accessories app still up, I then removed and re-connected the XBox One Controller... and right back to the initial issue, "USB 3.0 eXtensible host controller - 0.96 (microsoft)" back into warning state, no XBox One controller in Device Manager, and lost my mouse input (this time).

So, now I've been digging through the internet trying to find a legitimate clean driver for the "USB 3.0 eXtensible host controller - 0.96 (microsoft)" device for Windows 10 x64, but naught, nada, nothing. And of course all the documentation from Microsoft on how to resolve XBox One controller issues in Windows 10 are "Plug it in, it should just work, and if not, load the XBox Accessories app" - yep, thanks Microsoft.

1) Has anyone else run into this issue? Did you manage to solve it? How?

2) Microsoft, for the love of all the computer gods in the 'verse, just put the dam drivers up on your site for direct download. Nothing, NOTHING, ever always "just works" as intended, especially when Windows is involved.

The last remaining thing I can think of doing is to actually plug my XBox One back in, connect the controller, and see if there are any firmware updates for it or something. Which, time willing, I'll do this evening.

:)

SiIverwolf, Sep 18, 2019
  2. Stigg Win User

Renesas USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.0 (Microsoft)

USB 3.0 eXtensible host controller - 0.96 (microsoft) Crashing with XBox One Controller [​IMG]

Stigg, Sep 18, 2019
  3. thomaseg1 Win User
    Renesas USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.0 (Microsoft)

should have been more clear, sorry

USB 3.0 eXtensible host controller - 0.96 (microsoft) Crashing with XBox One Controller [​IMG]

thomaseg1, Sep 18, 2019
  4. Pavan_N Win User

USB 3.0 eXtensible host controller - 0.96 (microsoft) Crashing with XBox One Controller

Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller waking computer from sleep

Hi Parker,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and frustration you have been through. I will be glad to assist you.

Follow the Methods below.

Method 1: Run power troubleshooter.

a. Press Windows +R key on the keyboard.

b. Type troubleshooting in the pop-up box and press Enter.

c. Click System and Security on left panel.

d. Click Power, new window will popup.

e. Follow the on screen instructions.

Method 2: update Intel® USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver from this link.

Downloads for Intel® USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver

Method 3: Compatibility mode

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Sep 18, 2019
Thema:

USB 3.0 eXtensible host controller - 0.96 (microsoft) Crashing with XBox One Controller

1. USB 3.0 eXtensible host controller - 0.96 (microsoft) Crashing with XBox One Controller - Similar Threads - USB eXtensible host

2. I deleted Intel USB 3 20 extensible host controller - 1.20 microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I deleted Intel USB 3 20 extensible host controller - 1.20 microsoft: I deleted Intel USB 3 20 extensible host controller - 1.20 microsoft, how can I reïnstall it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-deleted-intel-usb-3-20-extensible-host/c98f50dd-f042-4c33-8b35-e95ffe83b1d5
  3. I deleted Intel USB 3 20 extensible host controller - 1.20 microsoft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I deleted Intel USB 3 20 extensible host controller - 1.20 microsoft: I deleted Intel USB 3 20 extensible host controller - 1.20 microsoft, how can I reïnstall it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-deleted-intel-usb-3-20-extensible-host/c98f50dd-f042-4c33-8b35-e95ffe83b1d5
  4. USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller vs USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller vs USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller Windows 10: I have a Dell laptop that uses the3.0 eXtensible host controller which I use to control my filter wheel on my telescope. It has worked fine for 3 years. I just bought a new HP Envy laptop whihc has the 3.1 eXtensible host controller and the filter wheel works for a few...
  5. USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller problem

USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller problem: I have a new HP Envy x360 with WIFI 6. I cannot connect to iTunes with any Apple device I own. iPhone Xr, iPhone 4S, iPad AIR, iPad AIR 2nd and 4th gen. Latest iPad Apple support had me try multiple tests, they cannot locate any issues, Apple case #101228548743. HP says...
  6. Renesas USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.0 (Microsoft)

Renesas USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.0 (Microsoft): Hi. I have Renesas USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 0.96 (Microsoft), but I have read that 1.0 is available, but I cannot find it. The reason I am looking to upgrade from 0.96 is because my USB Controller drops out from time to time requiring me to restart. It's a PCIe...
  7. USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller problem

USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller problem: Hello, I just don't know where to start. I'm trying to fix this issue for a week now and can't figure it out. My USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller is missing rom my device manager list. It's hiden when i got no usb flash connected to it. As soon as i Connect something to...
  8. USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller problem

USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller problem: Hello, I just don't know where to start. I'm trying to fix this issue for a week now and can't figure it out. My USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller is missing rom my device manager list. It's hiden when i got no usb flash connected to it. As soon as i Connect something to the...
  9. USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller vs USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller Windows 10 (1809...

USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller vs USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller Windows 10 (1809...: Hi , I created an reference image from WIndows 10 Enterprise 1809 which I have installed on a Dell Optiplex 5260 AIO and a Dell 3050 AIO Both These pc will control a medical device over USB . In Device Manager the 5260 states USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller (1.1)...
  10. Via usb 3.0 extensible host controller

Via usb 3.0 extensible host controller: Lately I have been streaming and every time in mid stream the Host controller gets a driver error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/via-usb-30-extensible-host-controller/096f17f1-a96e-4464-9a1f-839aa9dc6876

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot