Windows 10: Usb 3.0 Flash Drive isn't being detected.

Discus and support Usb 3.0 Flash Drive isn't being detected. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The drive i use to install windows with will not be detected in any of my usb ports or on my wifes pc or my sons pc. Bios don't even see it. Any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Snakefist, Nov 5, 2020.

1. Snakefist Win User

Usb 3.0 Flash Drive isn't being detected.

The drive i use to install windows with will not be detected in any of my usb ports or on my wifes pc or my sons pc. Bios don't even see it. Any program i can use to at least get the files off it and then pitch it in the garbage.

I ordered a new one a sandisk solid state usb 3.2 256gb flash drive.

Usb 3.0 Flash Drive isn't being detected. [​IMG]

:)

Snakefist, Nov 5, 2020

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Nov 5, 2020
  3. Lazzer408 Win User
    help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Nov 5, 2020
  4. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Nov 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Usb 3.0 Flash Drive isn't being detected. - Similar Threads - Usb Flash Drive

2. USB flash drive not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB flash drive not detected: A USB flash drive is no longer detected on one of my Windows 10 systems even though it worked for many years without issue. However it does work on another system also with Windows 10 on it. I have tried all of the possible solutions mentioned here, but neither solved the...
  3. USB flash drive not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB flash drive not detected: A USB flash drive is no longer detected on one of my Windows 10 systems even though it worked for many years without issue. However it does work on another system also with Windows 10 on it. I have tried all of the possible solutions mentioned here, but neither solved the...
  4. USB flash drive not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Flash drive/usb not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flash drive/usb not detected: Hello guys i have a 16gb flash drive. The problem is it's hardly detected everytime i plugged it in pc. Sometimes after i plugged it in, the drive letter was shown up in my computer but when i clicked it the inside is empty and it become not responding until i plugged it out....
  6. Flash drive/usb not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Flash drive/usb not detected: Hello guys i have a 16gb flash drive. The problem is it's hardly detected everytime i plugged it in pc. Sometimes after i plugged it in, the drive letter was shown up in my computer but when i clicked it the inside is empty and it become not responding until i plugged it out....
  7. my usb 3 being detected as a usb 2

my usb 3 being detected as a usb 2: my usb is being detected as a usb 2 that's a usb 3 port and cable by the oculus app and usb tree and i don't know how to make it work as a usb 3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-usb-3-being-detected-as-a-usb-2/711552c9-3958-44a2-9259-b38530ebfa4b
  8. Speaker is being detected as a USB drive

Speaker is being detected as a USB drive: Hello people, So I have this speaker I've been using for quite a while and it kept saying it was being detected as a USB drive. Not sure what this means. In task manager, the "USB drive" speaker is detected and says as 0 MB formatted with absolutely no writing or reading....
  9. USB 2 Speeds on USB 3 flash drive.

USB 2 Speeds on USB 3 flash drive.: As per title. Windows 10 has already killed an older USB 2 flash drive, now the new USB 3 one only copies files at 20MBps. USB is seriously broken in Windows 10. 32587
  10. Flash drive not being detected.

Flash drive not being detected.: Having some trouble with a 16GB flash drive not being detected, it has data on it. It shows as used space 0 Bytes, free space 0 Bytes in My Computer. Has what I think happened or can be hopeful for something else? [img] 89696