Windows 10: USB 3.0 Flash Drive not detected in USB 3.0 port

Discus and support USB 3.0 Flash Drive not detected in USB 3.0 port in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my USB 3.0 flash drive is detected when plugged into the 2.0 USB port, but not when its plugged into the 3.0 USB port. But my 2.0 USB devices are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RetratsRevo, Apr 6, 2019.

1. USB 3.0 Flash Drive not detected in USB 3.0 port

my USB 3.0 flash drive is detected when plugged into the 2.0 USB port, but not when its plugged into the 3.0 USB port. But my 2.0 USB devices are detected when plugged into the 3.0 USB port.

Is there any way to make it so 3.0 USB detects 3.0 USB?

:)

RetratsRevo, Apr 6, 2019
  2. alecm3 Win User

USB 3.0 transfer speed drops to 0 only on one port. USB port and external drive are NOT defective.

I have a Dell XPS 13 laptop with two USB 3.0 ports. I connect a Seagate expansion drive to the left USB port and transfer a 4GB test file. It transfers about 1GB at 150MB/s and then transfer speed drops to 0. Then it picks up again after 3-4minutes, then
    drops again intermittently.

I connect the same Seagate drive to the right USB port. The same 4GB file transfers with a constant speed of approximately 150MB/s. Thus the Seagate drive is not defective. Perhaps the left USB port is defective.

I connect a Sandisk 128GB flash drive to the left USB port (that is now suspected defective). It transfers the same 4GB file with constant 130MB/s speed, no speed drops!

Each step is reproducible 10x.

I am out of my wits here.

alecm3, Apr 6, 2019
  3. edokie Win User
    USB device over current status detected.

Thanks for the reply and the information. All the USB ports look normal. I have plugged flash drives into each port and the plug in seems normal also. The case is a full tower case by Cooler Master HAF and this case has three USB 2.0 ports on the front
    of the case and also two 3.0 USB ports. There are also 2.0 and 3.0 USB ports on the back of the case that are for the ASUS X99 mother board. When I disconnect everything from all USB ports on the case and the motherboard, the error from American Megatrends
    says there are 0 USB for keyboard, 0 USB for the mouse, 0 USB for drives, but it says it detects USB- " 3 Hubs". I don't have anything connected to any of the USB ports so I don't know what it means when it says it detects "3 Hubs". I was using the three 2.0
    USB ports yesterday to transfer video from this computer to a newer computer, and I used several flash drives to do the transfers. I completed the transfers without a problem. Could I have damaged the USB ports plugging in the flash drives? How can I tell
    if one of the USB ports has damaged connections? Thanks.

edokie, Apr 6, 2019
  4. USB 3.0 Flash Drive not detected in USB 3.0 port

help with raid 0

in pre post hitting tab key

initializing usb done
    12280 mb ok
    usb devise 1 mouse
    Auto detect sata port 1 cd
    2 cd
    3 ocz vertex turbo 1.4
    smart capable & status ok
    4 wdc ----
    smart status ok
    6 wdc ---
    smart status ok

now I finish post and next see intel matrex storage:
    raid volumes

id name level stripe size status bootable
    ssd raid 0 stripe 128k 178.8 normal yes

port serial size type / status

2 ocz ---- 59.6gb member disk 0
    3 wdc ---- 931.5 gb member disk 0
    5 wdc --- 931.5gb member disk 0

Ok, my question is in first auto detect my ports are listed 3-4- and 6
    in the intel matrix storage ports are listed 2-3- and 5 ??? is this my problem and if so how did this happen .

Glazierman, Apr 6, 2019
Thema:

USB 3.0 Flash Drive not detected in USB 3.0 port

1. USB 3.0 Flash Drive not detected in USB 3.0 port - Similar Threads - USB Flash Drive

2. Thunderbolt 3 port cannot recognize USB Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thunderbolt 3 port cannot recognize USB Drive: hello all,I spotted this issue around 1.5 month ago when my Thunderbolt 3 port could not recognize the mobile SSD drive a nvme SSD driver normally C to C cable. Problem:The system can read the drive normally if the device is plugged in BEFORE the laptop is turned on. But the...
  3. Thunderbolt 3 port cannot recognize USB Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Thunderbolt 3 port cannot recognize USB Drive: hello all,I spotted this issue around 1.5 month ago when my Thunderbolt 3 port could not recognize the mobile SSD drive a nvme SSD driver normally C to C cable. Problem:The system can read the drive normally if the device is plugged in BEFORE the laptop is turned on. But the...
  4. USB Flash Drive Showing 0 Bytes in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    USB Flash Drive Showing 0 Bytes in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Is your USB Flash Drive showing 0 Bytes in Windows 10? This article will help you to fix the issue using different solutions. Multiple users have reported that while trying to access the USB/SD card/Pen drive, it shows 0 bytes error, even where is data on it. If you...
  5. Are all USB-C ports USB 3?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Are all USB-C ports USB 3?: Idk where else to ask this. Do all USB-C ports support USB 3 cables? My USB-C port just has a normal USB port but so does my USB 3.1 Gen1 port. submitted by /u/xMasterMelonx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k05owe/are_all_usbc_ports_usb_3/
  6. usb 3 ports not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    usb 3 ports not detected: we have 2 dell vostro 3750 laptops after update one installed renesas usb3 drivers automatically but the other did not ?usb 3 ports no longer work.strange https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-3-ports-not-detected/1bd5883f-46a3-4d4d-be0b-343b85d272a2
  7. USB 3 ports not working with USB 3 Devices

USB 3 ports not working with USB 3 Devices: I have had this problem since February and not sure what to do. All of my USB 3 ports are not recognized by my computer as USB 3 ports only as USB 2/1.[ATTACH] The two active ports you see there are USB 3 ports, but they don't work as USB 3 ports. If any one has had this...
  8. USB 2 Speeds on USB 3 flash drive.

USB 2 Speeds on USB 3 flash drive.: As per title. Windows 10 has already killed an older USB 2 flash drive, now the new USB 3 one only copies files at 20MBps. USB is seriously broken in Windows 10. 32587
  9. One USB 3 port only works with one brand of flash drive

One USB 3 port only works with one brand of flash drive: Folks, There is something very odd going on with JUST ONE of my USB 3 ports (one of the two on the front panel) on my new system that has a "clean" install of Win 10 Pro. A few days ago I tried to use that port and Windows did not recognize any USB drive that I inserted....
  10. USB 3 Ports Stopped Working

USB 3 Ports Stopped Working: My front and rear USB 3 ports stopped working. The rear USB 2 ports still work. When I plug an external HDD into the front USB 3 ports it powers up the drive, but it isn't recognized in Windows Explorer. My USB card reader doesn't light up. Device Manager doesn't show any USB...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usb 3.0 not detected by win 10

2. usb port cannot detect usb drive

3. unable to detect drive using usb 3.0 port