Windows 10: USB 3.0 flash drive performance

Discus and support USB 3.0 flash drive performance in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; What is a good USB 3.0 flash driver performance (read/write speed)? I just picked up a pack of 5 USB 3.0 Kexin (no-name) flash drives, and I'm very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Ztruker, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Ztruker Win User

USB 3.0 flash drive performance

What is a good USB 3.0 flash driver performance (read/write speed)? I just picked up a pack of 5 USB 3.0 Kexin (no-name) flash drives, and I'm very unhappy with them. They seem extremely slow, not much, if any, better that a USB 2.0 drive. At less than $5 a piece, the price was very good, but performance not so much.

USB 3.0 flash drive performance [​IMG]

CrystalDiskMark gave me these numbers but I don't know it they are good or bad.

I'm about to return them to Amazon and buy a couple (2 or 3) more expensive Sandisk drives that are supposed to have better speeds.

What do ya'll think? What kind of speeds do you get with your 3.0 flash drives?

:)

Ztruker, Jul 23, 2020
  2. Ztruker Win User

I ordered 3 of these:

SanDisk Ultra Flair 32GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive - SDCZ73-032G-G46,Silver
    Price: $7.99 Prime & FREE Returns

• High speed USB 3.0 performance of up to 150MB/s
    • Transfer a full length movie in less than 30 seconds
    • Transfer to drive up to 15 times faster than standard USB 2.0 drives

Ztruker, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Ztruker Win User

What is a good USB 3.0 flash driver performance (read/write speed)? I just picked up a pack of 5 USB 3.0 Kexin (no-name) flash drives, and I'm very unhappy with them. They seem extremely slow, not much, if any, better that a USB 2.0 drive. At less than $5 a piece, the price was very good, but performance not so much.

CrystalDiskMark gave me these numbers but I don't know it they are good or bad.

I'm about to return them to Amazon and buy a couple (2 or 3) more expensive Sandisk drives that are supposed to have better speeds.

What do ya'll think? What kind of speeds do you get with your 3.0 flash drives?

Ztruker, Aug 4, 2020
  4. OldMike65 Win User

Here is a old Patriot 16GB stick ...I've had for a couple years. 3.0

OldMike65, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

1. USB 3.0 flash drive performance - Similar Threads - USB flash drive

2. USB Flash Drive Showing 0 Bytes in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    USB Flash Drive Showing 0 Bytes in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Is your USB Flash Drive showing 0 Bytes in Windows 10? This article will help you to fix the issue using different solutions. Multiple users have reported that while trying to access the USB/SD card/Pen drive, it shows 0 bytes error, even where is data on it. If you...
  3. USB flash drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB flash drive: Hello, I just purchased a PNY USB flash drive. After connecting it to my PC, I noticed there is 34mb of unallocated space on it. Can anyone explain the reason for this? Please see screen shot below. If I want to allocate this 34mb space and make the USB flash drive have one...
  4. USB flash drive

in Windows 10 Support
    USB flash drive: Hello, I just purchased a PNY USB flash drive. After connecting it to my PC, I noticed there is 34mb of unallocated space on it. Can anyone explain the reason for this? Please see screen shot below. If I want to allocate this 34mb space and make the USB flash drive have one...
  5. Non Performing Flash Drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Non Performing Flash Drive.: My brand new Samsung flash drive corrupts my files after copying from my laptop. The files work ok when i open it on my laptop after i copy it unto the flashdrive but the files does not work again after i eject and insert again on the same laptop. I thought it was from the...
  6. usb flash drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    usb flash drive: I have a problem regarding my USB, [ATTACH]I can't see storage space and have formatted several times. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-flash-drive/8477fb10-4dc5-4265-97ca-392c395a972e
  7. USB Flash Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    USB Flash Drive: How do I back up my microsoft photos to the USB drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-flash-drive/a0206f3a-49e2-4d2e-80ce-566fe8aba1ba
  8. usb flash drive

usb flash drive: I am using windows 10. My usb flash drive does not show in disk manage but only intermittently. Often to make matters worse it freezes my mouse when I have the flash drive plugged in. Also it wont let my computer shut down when the flash drive is plugged in. So far I have...
  9. USB flash drive

USB flash drive: usually, when I insert a cd/dvd in my laptop, it usually asks how I want to use it, and gives 2 options: like a USB flash drive or with CD/DVD drive. I just need to see and read what's in it. which option is appropriate?...
  10. USB 2 Speeds on USB 3 flash drive.

USB 2 Speeds on USB 3 flash drive.: As per title. Windows 10 has already killed an older USB 2 flash drive, now the new USB 3 one only copies files at 20MBps. USB is seriously broken in Windows 10. 32587