Windows 10: USB 3.0 Gigabit Ethernet adapter not connecting at USB3.0 speeds

Discus and support USB 3.0 Gigabit Ethernet adapter not connecting at USB3.0 speeds in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a usb3 gigabit ethernet adapter connect to the usb3 slot on my laptop but its only connecting at usb 2 speeds.... but when I connect my usb3... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dannyb123, May 4, 2021.

1. dannyb123 Win User

USB 3.0 Gigabit Ethernet adapter not connecting at USB3.0 speeds

I have a usb3 gigabit ethernet adapter connect to the usb3 slot on my laptop but its only connecting at usb 2 speeds.... but when I connect my usb3 lexar flash drive in the same port I do get usb 3 speeds. It appears the ethernet adapter is not connecting to the 'companion ports' whereas the lexar is. What would cause that? =========================== USB Port2 =========================== Connection Status : 0x01 (Device is connected) Port Chain : 2-2 Properties : 0x01 IsUserConnectable : yes PortIsDebugCapable : no PortHasMultiCompanions : no PortConnectorIsTypeC : no ConnectionIndex : 0x02 (Port 2) CompanionIndex : 0 CompanionHubSymLnk : USB#ROOT_HUB30#5&cc531e&0&0#{f18a0e88-c30c-11d0-8815-00a0c906bed8} CompanionPortNumber : 0x06 (Port 6) -> CompanionPortChain : 2-6 ========================== Summary ========================= Vendor ID : 0x0BDA (Realtek Semiconductor Corp.) Product ID : 0x8152 USB version : 2.10 Port maximum Speed : High-Speed (Companion Port 2-6 supports SuperSpeed) Device maximum Speed : SuperSpeed Device Connection Speed : High-Speed Self Powered : no Demanded Current : 100 mA Used Endpoints : 4 =========================== USB Port6 =========================== Connection Status : 0x01 (Device is connected) Port Chain : 2-6 Properties : 0x03 IsUserConnectable : yes PortIsDebugCapable : yes PortHasMultiCompanions : no PortConnectorIsTypeC : no ConnectionIndex : 0x06 (Port 6) CompanionIndex : 0 CompanionHubSymLnk : USB#ROOT_HUB30#5&cc531e&0&0#{f18a0e88-c30c-11d0-8815-00a0c906bed8} CompanionPortNumber : 0x02 (Port 2) -> CompanionPortChain : 2-2 ========================== Summary ========================= Vendor ID : 0x05DC (Lexar Media, Inc.) Product ID : 0xA205 USB version : 3.0 Port maximum Speed : SuperSpeed Device maximum Speed : SuperSpeed Device Connection Speed : SuperSpeed Self Powered : no Demanded Current : 496 mA Used Endpoints : 3

:)

dannyb123, May 4, 2021
  2. dannyb123 Win User

ok yes it shows only 100Mbps but im not sure why as it should be 1Gbps, I assumed this was because its connected at usb 2 instead of usb 3 speeds but idk

USB 3.0 Gigabit Ethernet adapter not connecting at USB3.0 speeds [​IMG]

dannyb123, May 5, 2021
  3. sygnus21 Win User

Yeah.... ethernet adaptors don't "run at USB speeds"... they work on internet transfer speeds.... Lan Adapter 10/100/1000Mbps USB Network. In keeping things simple, the USB connection "speeds" are simply telling you the adapter is compatible with USB 2.0/3.0 ports.

Forget the "USB" speed. What you want to look at for on the Ethernet adapter is the "Connection Speed".....

USB 3.0 Gigabit Ethernet adapter not connecting at USB3.0 speeds [​IMG]

sygnus21, May 5, 2021
  4. dannyb123 Win User

I have a usb3 gigabit ethernet adapter connect to the usb3 slot on my laptop but its only connecting at usb 2 speeds.... but when I connect my usb3 lexar flash drive in the same port I do get usb 3 speeds. It appears the ethernet adapter is not connecting to the 'companion ports' whereas the lexar is. What would cause that?

dannyb123, May 5, 2021
Thema:

1. USB 3.0 Gigabit Ethernet adapter not connecting at USB3.0 speeds - Similar Threads - USB Gigabit Ethernet

2. ASIX AX88179A USB 3.2 Gen1 to Gigabit Ethernet adapter not connecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASIX AX88179A USB 3.2 Gen1 to Gigabit Ethernet adapter not connecting: Hey :So my USB-C Ethernet Adapter ASIX AX88179A USB 3.2 Gen1 to Gigabit Ethernet adapter ist not connecting on the first boot up... it only connects when i started my pc, logged into my account and then restart my PC. Can someone help me with this issue? I´d like for it to...
  3. ASIX AX88179A USB 3.2 Gen1 to Gigabit Ethernet adapter not connecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ASIX AX88179A USB 3.2 Gen1 to Gigabit Ethernet adapter not connecting: Hey :So my USB-C Ethernet Adapter ASIX AX88179A USB 3.2 Gen1 to Gigabit Ethernet adapter ist not connecting on the first boot up... it only connects when i started my pc, logged into my account and then restart my PC. Can someone help me with this issue? I´d like for it to...
  4. ASIX AX88179 USB3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter The connection is lost

ASIX AX88179 USB3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter The connection is lost: I have a multi port type C brand Ugreen, when I connect to my laptop asus vivobook pro 15 oled connects the internet rj45 but then it goes away and returns to coenctarse. I always have that problem and that’s why I need to connect by wifi...
  5. ASIX AX88179 USB3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter The connection is lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASIX AX88179 USB3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter The connection is lost: I have a multi port type C brand Ugreen, when I connect to my laptop asus vivobook pro 15 oled connects the internet rj45 but then it goes away and returns to coenctarse. I always have that problem and that’s why I need to connect by wifi...
  6. Windows 10 - Active Time 0% - Read Speed 0 KB/s - Write Speed 0 KB/s

Windows 10 - Active Time 0% - Read Speed 0 KB/s - Write Speed 0 KB/s: I have had my PC for a couple of months now and when I download anything whether it is a small file chrome or a big file PC game more than 50 GB the read always peaks at around 5 MB/s and write speed at about 20 MB/s, but for the most part it read 0 MB/s. As with the read and...
  7. Windows 10 - Active Time 0% - Read Speed 0 KB/s - Write Speed 0 KB/s

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 - Active Time 0% - Read Speed 0 KB/s - Write Speed 0 KB/s: I have had my PC for a couple of months now and when I download anything whether it is a small file chrome or a big file PC game more than 50 GB the read always peaks at around 5 MB/s and write speed at about 20 MB/s, but for the most part it read 0 MB/s. As with the read and...
  8. Ethernet Adapter support for Gigabit Speeds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet Adapter support for Gigabit Speeds: Hi there, I am thinking of upgrading to fibre to get gigabit speeds around (950/500ish) And I am wondering how can I confirm that my network card (via ethernet) will actually support gigagbit speeds? I have checked these two settings here, and the network card actually has...
  9. USB 3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter not reaching full speeds on USB2

USB 3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter not reaching full speeds on USB2: hi guys, I have an odd problem - just recently we moved to Germany and there's a new connection here, with a Fritzbox, which seems to be popular, and here's the situation. I have an ASUS VivoBook S15 S510UQ that I really like, overall works well. Now something strange...
  10. Gigabit LAN to USB adapter

Gigabit LAN to USB adapter: Hi, I am looking to buy a Gigabit LAN to USB adapter and I have seen that all of them are USB3.0, but my PC has only USB 2.0. The question is, due the USB 2.0 limitation, the adapter will work only as 10/100Mbps LAN, 1GBps is not possible on USB 2.0. It that right? 67152