Windows 10: USB 3.0 giving error 43 when plugging in WMR

Discus and support USB 3.0 giving error 43 when plugging in WMR in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I have Acer WMR headset and it had been working for a long time now, than a few weeks ago it started booting up staying up for a few minutes then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ZacharyBlankenship1, Jan 23, 2021.

1. USB 3.0 giving error 43 when plugging in WMR

So I have Acer WMR headset and it had been working for a long time now, than a few weeks ago it started booting up staying up for a few minutes then crashing and rebooting giving a check USB error, than about a week ago it just stopped coming on and now everytime I plug it in my USB root hub 3.0 gives an error.

USB 3.0 giving error 43 when plugging in WMR 4b7d1766-1812-4d78-9f2c-1b143db1fb87?upload=true.png

PC Specs:
    AMD R9 280 Graphics card

Processor: AMD FXtm 8350-Eight-Core Processor
    16GB of Ram
    1.75GB of Disk space

I have done just about everything, reinstalled all the Drivers more than once, updated Windows, reset my PC, uninstalling and reinstalling than restarting. The USB works fine when I don't have my headset plugged in and my WMR works Just not detecting the 3.0 ports when I use the driver given by my motherboard manufacturer Gigabyte. WMR says I cant run it, I just wanna know if I have to scrap the headset or not, or if there is any way to fix this.

:)

ZacharyBlankenship1, Jan 23, 2021

2. Lenovo Explorer WMR - Error Code 2181038087-5

I've been struggling to get my brand-new Lenovo Explorer to work. I have 2 VR capable computers, both well within specs for WMR, both throw error code 2181038087-5 despite my exhaustive efforts.

Here are the specs,

Main PC:

• CPU: Intel i7 4790K
    • Ram: 32GB DDR3
    • MB Chipset: Intel Z97
    • GPU: GTX 1060 6GB
    • Windows 10 Home, Version 1803, Build 17134.112
    • Screenshot of Device Manager and WMR error code: imgur.com

Streaming PC:

• CPU: Ryzen 5 1600
    • Ram: 16GB DDR4
    • MB Chipset: AMD B350
    • GPU: RX480 8GB
    • Windows 10 Home, Version 1803, Build 17134.112
    • Screenshot of Device Manager and WMR error code: imgur.com

So far, I have attempted, on both machines:

• Unplugging all other devices and hubs on USB 3.0 and 3.1 ports
    • Unplugging and plugging back in the HMD into a different port
    • Confirming Host controllers have Microsoft drivers (see pictures)
    • Updating UEFI to latest firmware
    • Disabling USB selective suspend settings
    • Disabling Legacy USB Support in UEFI
    • Uninstalling all USB controllers and devices in the Device Manager, and allowing them to reinstall on a restart
    • Installing beta versions of the "HoloLens Sensors" firmware
    • Plugging HMD into a powered hub

Suggestions?

Andrew-Bahls, Jan 23, 2021
  3. Error 43 when connection to USB ports

Hi,

The Error code 43 implies that, windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. When you get this error with USB devices it’s because one of the drivers controlling the device notified the operating system that the device failed in some
    manner. This can be because of corruption in one of the loaded drivers and the driver cache just needs to be flushed. Unplugging the computer sometimes doesn’t resolve the problem because the battery still holds power.

To resolve this, I suggest that you perform Power Drain and check. To do so follow the steps below

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system

For added info, you can click on the link provided below

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/310123

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Jan 23, 2021
  4. USB 3.0 giving error 43 when plugging in WMR

Code 43 USB device not recognised

Hi Vishnu,

Thank you for posting in Community, we understand your concern and we will try our best to help you resolve the issue.

Error Code 43 is a Device Manager error that means the following:

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43).

When you get this error with USB devices it’s because one of the drivers controlling the device notified the operating system that the device failed in some manner. This can be because of corruption in one of the loaded drivers and the driver cache just
    needs to be flushed. An alternative to resolve this issue is to perform
    Power Drain
    , to do so follow the steps below

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec.
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system

I would also suggest that you refer to the Microsoft Article provided in the link below for more troubleshooting methods

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/310123

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

USB 3.0 giving error 43 when plugging in WMR

1. USB 3.0 giving error 43 when plugging in WMR - Similar Threads - USB giving error

2. usb devices power lost when plug 3 devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb devices power lost when plug 3 devices: before the problem, i can plug up to 3 devices except a dead usb 2.0 portbut for today, the problem is started to appearif i plug 3 devices then 2 devices will lost power2 devices will lost power:usb 2.0 webcamwired mouse these are all plugged devices included pcieusb 2.0...
  3. usb devices power lost when plug 3 devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    usb devices power lost when plug 3 devices: before the problem, i can plug up to 3 devices except a dead usb 2.0 portbut for today, the problem is started to appearif i plug 3 devices then 2 devices will lost power2 devices will lost power:usb 2.0 webcamwired mouse these are all plugged devices included pcieusb 2.0...
  4. Unknown USB Device Error 43

Unknown USB Device Error 43: I've been playing around 6 years with my xbox 360 wireless receiver https://www.amazon.com.mx/Microsoft-Wireless-Gaming-Receiver-accessories/dp/B000HZFCT2 on my pc but some days ago i received on my pc the message "Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed" when i...
  5. When I try to plug in my wifi wireless USB 2 things happens : Code error 43 + the USB...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I try to plug in my wifi wireless USB 2 things happens : Code error 43 + the USB...: When I try to plug in my wifi wireless USB 2 things happens : 1. The USB becomes "unknown USB device"2. When I try to see more details about the "unknown USB device" through the Device Manager, it says windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. code...
  6. When I try to plug in my wifi wireless USB 2 things happens : Code error 43 + the USB...

When I try to plug in my wifi wireless USB 2 things happens : Code error 43 + the USB...: When I try to plug in my wifi wireless USB 2 things happens : 1. The USB becomes "unknown USB device"2. When I try to see more details about the "unknown USB device" through the Device Manager, it says windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. code...
  7. When I try to plug in my wifi wireless USB 2 things happens : Code error 43 + the USB...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Unknown usb code 43 error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown usb code 43 error: I have been experiencing this issue where my microphone is not detecting, and ive been searching the web for solutions and im stumped.I have done:Uninstalled the driver, restarted.Disable and enable driverWipe the whole pcMove the usb around.I know its not my mic because my...
  9. USB Driver error code 43

USB Driver error code 43: Windows 10: Unknown USB device drive error and getting error message as "Device Description Request Failed) Driver Error" "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (Code 43)". This is on my Dell Studio XPS 435T/9000. I have seen the reply on Aug 10...
  10. USB SuperSpeed error code 43

USB SuperSpeed error code 43: Win 10 ver 1709. Device Manager always reports the SuperSpeed has a problem. I have tried uninstalling, updating drivers and a Win 10 online reinstall (repair upgrade?). No change. I installed Win 7 to a spare drive and it finds no USB problems. Also, in Dev Mgr, Win 7 does...